Backer Forums....Where?

Backer Forums....Where?

Postby GreyFuss » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:48 am

OK...I must be a real dummy but this Forum is the most confusing one I have ever been on. It has taken a couple days just to figure out how to Post in this place. Now that I have I can't get to the Backer Forums. I see the link but it just sends me here. Is the Cyan Forums a new Age in Myst where I have to solve puzzles to navigate the area? :D Yes, I have registered with the same Email address used to back Obduction. Supposedly I am supposed to fill out some Support thing but the only thing I can find that is similar has something to do with registering. Shouldn't this be a no-brainer or are no-brainers (me) not allowed?
GreyFuss
Obduction Backer

Re: Backer Forums....Where?

Postby MoP » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:27 am

If You're on the same e-mail address as on Kickstarter and didn't get auto-permitted into the mystical Backer Forums (I'm in that boat as well), we're supposed to send support tickets, via their support page:
support.cyan.com

You'll have to register there as well, it's a separate account; I didn't get the confirmation e-mail the first time and had to have it re-sent (the option will appear on the main page after You've registered but still not activated an account).
Known in the Cavern as Seba
KI# 261951
MoP
Obduction Backer

Postby GreyFuss » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:53 am

Hi Mop

Thank you for the response and the help however I have been trying to Login at that place many times and all I keep getting is "The username and password combination you entered did not match any user we have on record" even though I am already logged in. :lol: :?: :roll:
GreyFuss
Obduction Backer

Postby MoP » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:00 am

If You're already "logged in" to support, why are You trying to log in again? Just to be sure we're "on the same page", to login to support.cyan.com You don't use the credentials from here, the forums, it's a separate account you have to create there.
If You do have an activated account at support (You're more fortunate than many of us here for one thing :D) then it's indeed a Myst-like puzzle that probably only one of the admins can solve, so You can try shooting them a PM (Hannah is the resident admin, but Ryan aka greydragon mentioned he'll be handling Backer Forums access when he can as well).

Good luck, You're not alone! :D
Known in the Cavern as Seba
KI# 261951
MoP
Obduction Backer

Postby GreyFuss » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:21 am

WHAAT??? ...You have to re-register in the Support area???...whos idea was that? Don't we have enough passwords and Id's to remember in this day and age?...Who ever had this idea may Achenar have fun with you in his chamber :twisted:

Thanks MoP, I will give it a try. I was using the Cyan Forum Login for a Cyan Forum problem...go figure :roll:
GreyFuss
Obduction Backer

Postby GreyFuss » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:33 am

OK...I think I give up...whats with all the information needed just to find out why I can't access the Backer Forums when registering again the that Support page. Quite frankly its all ridiculous to have to jump through hoops just for this. I want my money back.................Just kidding but I will forgo any participation in the Backer Forums, just let me know when you are planning to send me the game....unless I have to jump through more hoops.
GreyFuss
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:57 am

While it's true that only people who use the same email address on KS and for their forum account here will automatically get added to the Backers Only Forums, you don't have to use the Support Ticket site to get added if you have used differing email addresses - you can simply wait on the Kickstarter survey coming out, as you'll get a chance to tell Cyan what forum account you're using then.

The Support Site has been around a lot longer than these forums and is used by different people which is why the logins/registrations are unlinked. Also, while I agree it's inconvenient, the Kickstarter security breach is a probably a good example of why its not wise to put all your login credential eggs in one basket.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby GreyFuss » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:21 am

All is well, Greydragon has corrected everything for me and I am now able to enter the Backer Forum

Image Thanks GreyDragon!!! Image
GreyFuss
Obduction Backer

Postby ArkhamNative » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:39 am

There was a tweet from Ryan Sunday: "Feeling the love right now from 20,000 + of my closest friends. Even the tickets are kind! #Obduction #BestCommunityEver". Wow... that's a lot of people.

Also, fyi, I saw news of a patent ( :roll: ) for a system to automate the tagged/disposable email that Mac_Fife and many others have used. This system claims to make it still single-email-easy for the users. I'm looking forward to seeing that, should it ever get put into a product.
ArkhamNative
Obduction Backer

Postby Kerryth » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:14 pm

I am at a bit of a standstill. The support site (on which I should be registered these last 8 years or more) does not recognize my username and email but says there is already an account with my username. And there should be; I just don't remember the password. And my Kickstarter account uses a different email. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Explorer at large

:)
Kerryth
Obduction Backer

Postby Kerryth » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Come to think of it, I may be registered on the Support site with an email address I haven't used for years... :(

EDIT: OK, Support account straightened out and ticket submitted. :)
Explorer at large

:)
Kerryth
Obduction Backer

Postby Gwenyvere » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:40 am

I submitted a help ticket in the Cyan Help webpage but have not heard a word from Cyan about access to the Backer Forums. I can log into the regular Cyan Forums and see the Obduction section.. then when I click on that all I get is the Obduction Public Forum. I'm using the same email address I used to back the Obduction game in Kickstarter.. Can someone help out here? This is all very confusing as to what I am now supposed to do to gain access to the Backer Forums..
Thanks much in advance for any help.
Gwenyvere
Obduction Backer

Postby rarified » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:14 am

Gwenyvere wrote:I submitted a help ticket in the Cyan Help webpage but have not heard a word from Cyan about access to the Backer Forums...

I think to keep his dizzying pace going Ryan is silently closing the support tickets when he finishes each one.

Your situation was where I was for a little while after sending my ticket. A day or two later I just started seeing the Backer forum without fanfare. Going to the support system for my ticket it appeared to be closed.
rarified
Obduction Backer

Postby greydragon » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:11 pm

I need an intern :P

The weekend tends to bring in a lot of tickets. I'm trying to catch up on multiple fronts right now, while setting up procedures and processes for the team. Keep submitting tickets and know they will be answered in the order they are received.

Ryan Warzecha
Ryan Warzecha (greydragon)
Obduction Project Manager
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby tommyap » Mon May 05, 2014 1:22 pm

I am probably doing something wrong, (uhm .. again) but i can not enter the Obduction-backers forum AND i can for unclear reasons not send a ticket either. Mixing up user names and passwords most likely. (despite having them written down in a little book right in front of me) So i tried changing my password. I should have received an email in seconds if they are send automatic, but it did not happen.
Now what? :|
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Next

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)