Backer Forums....Where?

Re: Backer Forums....Where?

Postby Tai'lahr » Tue May 06, 2014 4:57 am

tommyap wrote:I am probably doing something wrong, (uhm .. again) but i can not enter the Obduction-backers forum AND i can for unclear reasons not send a ticket either. Mixing up user names and passwords most likely. (despite having them written down in a little book right in front of me) So i tried changing my password. I should have received an email in seconds if they are send automatic, but it did not happen.
Now what? :|

Well, you could wait for greydragon to see your post or you could PM him here. I'd suggest the latter.
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby tommyap » Tue May 06, 2014 5:56 am

I am in.
Someone read my post and fixed my problem.
Love it. :D
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby greydragon » Tue May 06, 2014 1:20 pm

wink wink :)
Ryan Warzecha (greydragon)
Obduction Project Manager
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby mistic100 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:34 am

Hi

I'm also in trouble with the support center, I don't receive the confirmation emails.

For info I registered yesterday on this forum with the same email I use on Kickstarter.

Mistic
mistic100

Postby Labrynian Rebel » Wed May 07, 2014 10:01 am

I'm having the same problem, and my ticket hasn't been responded to :(

EDIT: It's all good now :o
Labrynian Rebel
Obduction Backer

Postby briceunland » Fri May 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Same problem here.. I submitted a ticket a few weeks ago. Now I can't see the ticket (despite saying I have one), and have not heard back from anyone.... Please help.

Brice
briceunland
Obduction Backer

Postby ShardofTruth » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:51 am

So I was registered here before but used a different email address for the Kickstarter. Now I changed the forum email address to match the Kickstarter one but I still don't have any luck entering the backer forum, even though I should be eligible to do so.

I guess it's not an automatic process?
ShardofTruth

Postby Altairien » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:01 am

ShardofTruth wrote:So I was registered here before but used a different email address for the Kickstarter. Now I changed the forum email address to match the Kickstarter one but I still don't have any luck entering the backer forum, even though I should be eligible to do so.

I think they probably just ran a script or something one time back in 2014 as it doesn't appear to be automatic, then or now. I had to use the process quoted below myself back in 2014.

As far as I know, the process outlined in the Backer only Kickstarter Project Update #33 (21 Feb 2014) still applies:
Backer's Forum

Just another reminder, we have officially opened the Backer's forum! Log into your Forum account at Cyan. If you don't see the Backer's section under the Obduction heading please submit a ticket on our support site.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby ShardofTruth » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:00 am

Altairien wrote:I think they probably just ran a script or something one time back in 2014 as it doesn't appear to be automatic, then or now. I had to use the process quoted below myself back in 2014.

That was 2014? Time really flies, I just wanted to check out some of the discussions there now that the game is out. But I guess it's not that terrible important, at least not important enough to register another account for a single support ticket. :P
ShardofTruth

Postby Mac_Fife » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:30 am

ShardofTruth wrote:So I was registered here before but used a different email address for the Kickstarter. Now I changed the forum email address to match the Kickstarter one but I still don't have any luck entering the backer forum, even though I should be eligible to do so.

As Altairian suggested, it was a combination of a script and manual action to add people to the Backers user group. The thing is, that added specific accounts, so if you've created a new account, simply changing the email address won't help. There isn't really any way to "merge" accounts unfortunately, so the two will always be distinct, but you may be able to get Support to substitute your old account with your new account in the Backers group (and deactivate the old one). However, I guess these kinds of support request are likely to be low down the priority tree just now.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Tahgtahv » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:53 pm

It might be a low priority depending on who is busy with what. Of the people who could probably help, Hannah and Karl (smapty) make up half the programming team, so they're probably crazy busy still; Rand probably doesn't actually manage the board; Vicki (T'ori) is QA; and Mark (Chogon) is listed as a contractor on Cyan's Team page so who knows what he does there, maybe a little of everything. That said, I've seen other people post that they were able to get issue with their status fixed relatively easily, so I'd consider the odds pretty good. Cyan has always tended to treat their plays well, despite the small size of their company, or perhaps because of that.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:45 am

Any of those four have the tools and knowledge to do it. I don't think any one else is familiar enough with the forum administration (but I could be wrong). As you say, it all depends on who is busy with what and it'll largely depend on the amount of traffic they're getting on Obduction support tickets as looking after paying customers is likely to come before the "free stuff".
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Hannah » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:36 pm

If you need access to the Backer Forums, your best bet would be to submit a ticket at support.cyan.com (our Helpdesk).

If you have already submitted a ticket, please be patient as we are working through tons of tickets and we will hopefully get to yours soon.
Hannah
Hannah
Site Admin

Postby klausness » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:33 am

I filed a help desk ticket, and I was eventually told to send an e-mail to [email protected] with my backer account ID. I did that about three weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything back from them. I'm sure they're busy, but it'd be nice to at least get a "we'll get to you as soon as we have time" auto-reply e-mail...
klausness

Previous

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)