Looking Forward to that Kickstarter ;)

Re: Looking Forward to that Kickstarter ;)

Postby CompChris » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:42 pm

I was a little late to comment. Oops.

GalvanicSpiral wrote:This gets funnier the more I read it. Well done! :)

Cheers! :) Thanks.

KathAveara wrote:
CompChris wrote:
RW: This isn't funny Rand. What's going on?
Rand: Bring me the red pages, and I'll tell you.

Ha ha! Very Good. :lol:
CompChris
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:59 am

I know some people don't see Twitter so you may not know that Ryan Warzecha (posting again from Hunrath I assume) has said, an hour ago:

"Working on a few changes for http://www.obductiongame.com ,then we will make a push for the 2nd stretch goal. We have some exciting things ahead."
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby kf6kjg » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:06 am

Must have a pretty strong signal - plus a power source to recharge his gadgets!

(Must be kind of a bummer to be obducted to a strange new world, but still have to log into work.... :lol: )
Ricky C / Cron Stardust
kf6kjg

Postby ljbade » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:58 pm

New update #29: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction/posts/670755

I am not sure if I am allowed to copy the whoel update here as it is marked "backers only", but here are the main points:
  • Latest figures: Kickstarter - $1,267,728.14, PayPal - $31,356, for a grand total so far of $1,299,084.14. (The Kickstarter number is lower because of uncollected pledges - it’s possible that more will be collected.)
  • PayPal funding for 1.7m stretch goal is open until 28 February
  • The 'Kickstarter exclusive' features will be available during the PayPal funding period.
  • There are more updates to come on obductiongame.com including a regulary updated funding total
  • The backer forums are coming soon.

So we need to get more people to push into PayPal funding to regain the lost 54k from Kickstarter failed payments.

So if you get more money between now and 28 Feb - seriously consider upgrading your pledge - you know you want the art book!
Last edited by ljbade on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
My KI on the official server is 23543696 - feel free to add me
ljbade
Obduction Backer

Postby GalvanicSpiral » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 pm

ljbade wrote:So we need to get more people to push into PayPal funding to regain the lost 54k from Kickstarter failed payments.

Not necessarily. Some of those failed payments may (and probably will) get fixed in time to be recovered. In that case, PayPal backers would need less of a stretch to make up the funding.
Freelance Writer

Staff Writer for AdventureGamers.com
Owner/Blogmaster of WriteFullCircle.com

Follow my Twitter: @WriteFullCircle

Known in the cavern as Ghal'vhen
KI# 00213143
GalvanicSpiral
Obduction Backer

Postby ljbade » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:04 am

GalvanicSpiral wrote:Not necessarily. Some of those failed payments may (and probably will) get fixed in time to be recovered. In that case, PayPal backers would need less of a stretch to make up the funding.

I hope so. Otherwise we will have to round up the non-payers and burn them at the stakes.
ljbade
Obduction Backer

Postby Teknobubba » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:23 am

ljbade wrote:
GalvanicSpiral wrote:Not necessarily. Some of those failed payments may (and probably will) get fixed in time to be recovered. In that case, PayPal backers would need less of a stretch to make up the funding.

I hope so. Otherwise we will have to round up the non-payers and burn them at the stakes.

Wow! Frontier justice is swift in old Hunrath.
When you shop, insist on free range corn dogs
Teknobubba
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:12 am

GalvanicSpiral wrote:
ljbade wrote:So we need to get more people to push into PayPal funding to regain the lost 54k from Kickstarter failed payments.

Not necessarily. Some of those failed payments may (and probably will) get fixed in time to be recovered. In that case, PayPal backers would need less of a stretch to make up the funding.

At least in my case, it took a while to get things with my amazon account sorted. I finally had to delete and re-add my card there and things processed correctly (*grrrr*).

Personally, I'm hoping to keep donating over the coming months. I'd love to get an Easter Egg in there! /me crosses her fingers! ;)
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby catherwood » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Eventually all of us Kickstarter backers will need to give Cyan our mailing addresses to receive our gifts. Here is a cautionary tale from another Kickstarter campaign about asking for addresses too early in the process.
"You’ll Never Believe How Many People Gave Us Shipping Addresses That Needed To Be Changed After The Fact"
http://davidmalki.tumblr.com/post/68129 ... s-shipping
00292608 on MOULa 00310046
00018203 on Minkata
00040424 on Gehn
catherwood

Postby ljbade » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:10 pm

catherwood wrote:Eventually all of us Kickstarter backers will need to give Cyan our mailing addresses to receive our gifts. Here is a cautionary tale from another Kickstarter campaign about asking for addresses too early in the process.
"You’ll Never Believe How Many People Gave Us Shipping Addresses That Needed To Be Changed After The Fact"
http://davidmalki.tumblr.com/post/68129 ... s-shipping

Wow that is an interesting read. I hope Cyan see it as it has valuable tips.

I imagine the first hurdle for Cyan will be trying to figure out what everyone wanted (wrong tier selected, add ons etc) and to combine multiple payments on PayPal and Kickstarter.
ljbade
Obduction Backer

Postby ljbade » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:01 pm

Why is it taking so long to get the backers forums?

I would like to be able to share the early-alpha version of my Obduction crowdsource translation tool with the other backers to see what they think of my idea, but if I post the link publicly the thing will probably get smashed and eat up all my free quota...

All though last night some one using Firefox from the Netherlands and another using an iPad from France logged onto my website despite the URL not being published anywhere... strange.
ljbade
Obduction Backer

Postby WeldFord » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:59 pm

ljbade wrote: and another using an iPad from France logged onto my website despite the URL not being published anywhere... strange.

It was me :D
Google already have it referenced
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby ljbade » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:10 pm

WeldFord wrote:
ljbade wrote: and another using an iPad from France logged onto my website despite the URL not being published anywhere... strange.

It was me :D
Google already have it referenced

You serious? How did Google find it since it's not linked? I assume you saw my Tweet to Cyan about it.

Interesting I see that it shows on the 2nd page for "Obduction Translate".

So what did you think of it? It is pretty basic at the moment as you can only add stuff when you log in but I plan to have it so that you can click on existing dialogue (e.g. the English version), provide a translation to some language, then other people looking for that language can find it.

I also plan to implement a voting system so that if there are competing translations people can vote for the best one.

Eventually I will have it so you can click on a language and it then downloads the translation file to the computer ready for use with Obduction.
ljbade
Obduction Backer

Postby WeldFord » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:36 am

Actually I regulary search on google the latest mention of Obduction. Your site appeared and as I had seen your tweet, I understood what it was, but I didn't looked too much.

Pretty simple but I think it's a great idea, something like these can really improve the translation work.

It's maybe too soon : the game will come in 2 years, and I don't think we will get the files before, but better to anticipate, right ?
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby ljbade » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:20 am

I wanted to start working on it now so in 2 years it will be polished and ready to use.
ljbade
Obduction Backer

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)