Looking Forward to that Kickstarter ;)

Re: Looking Forward to that Kickstarter ;)

Postby Malfhok » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:03 am

Ahlisendar wrote:Just to confirm, is anyone else seeing these weird scribbles? I tried to figure out what it said by looking at the raw page data but it was kind of displaying on top of that... somehow.

I figured out the scribbles, and unless it's some really bizarre clue, you can ignore it because it's just Tweek being funny. (And it was funny! :lol:)

weldergeek wrote:Greydragon's Montana reference seemed odd enough that I think it is somehow a hint. Trees were also mentioned twice.

If you look at greydragon's post, you'll see that first he tells me that I'm barking up the wrong tree, then that Montana has some nice trees. I'm pretty sure that trees aren't the clue, since it looks like he's really saying, "You should go try barking up the right tree. Here's a hint." And Montana seems to be the hint. What that means, though, is beyond me.

So… Montana and Think FARTHER seem to be our clues right now.

I've tried the image file in a Google image search, too. You can also combine those with words. But I haven't been able to come up with anything for either the image by itself or the image combined with Montana or FARTHER.

How else could we "google" over the image? I've tried looking on Cyan's Google+ page, as well as Rand Miller's…
Cosmic Osmo for iOS is a must!
Malfhok
Obduction Backer

Postby dgelessus » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:28 am

So I search for "montana think farther" and get...Amazon offering me to buy "Think". :roll:
MOULa2.dgelessus=32253
dgelessus

Postby Samsbase » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:32 pm

have we isolated what application the UI is from, it must have been left there for a reason ?
The ending will never be written as long as the called remain to continue on the path of those who came before
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction/
Samsbase
Obduction Backer

Postby Malfhok » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Samsbase wrote:have we isolated what application the UI is from, it must have been left there for a reason ?

Yep.

Lehm wrote:All I get out of that image is that its Unreal Engine 4.
Malfhok
Obduction Backer

Postby zeke3651 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:06 pm

I was doing my own research and noticed that there are a couple of pictures on Myst Island including channelwood and Myst Island then there the quote by Eric A Anderson
"...I have tried to speculate where it might have landed, and I must admit however, such conjecture is futile..."

Plus in Rand Miller interview on possibly making realmyst on modern PCs. So maybe the 20 anniversary Myst right now but
There a clue on cyan Facebook on the possible project cyan working on. The latest photo looks like the same engine of MOULa maybe a new place will be opening. Even then I have said to much.
zeke3651
Obduction Backer

Postby Vector Cramp » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:15 pm

zeke3651 wrote: Plus in Rand Miller interview on possibly making realmyst on modern PCs.

Read a few posts back. realMYST is the next thing that Cyan is making and we have pretty much established that this is something different than that.
Vector E. Cramp:

Founder of MYSTAges
Self-declared Bahro Historian
Member of Mystitech Productions
Vector Cramp
Obduction Backer

Postby Malfhok » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:17 pm

I don't know if this helps at all, but I've discovered that desaturating the image could make it a little more decipherable.

It looks like a window with broken glass or something… What that means is beyond me, but it's interesting, anyway.
Malfhok
Obduction Backer

Postby Ahlisendar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Zooming way out actually makes the image even more decipherable. Now it looks like some kind of crystal. I still don't know what the pentagonal thing in the back is.
Enter text here
Ahlisendar
Obduction Backer

Postby Samsbase » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:37 pm

looks like a shoe to me. Maybe making a splash in some water ?
The ending will never be written as long as the called remain to continue on the path of those who came before
Samsbase
Obduction Backer

Postby Ahlisendar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Okay, I've drawn lines on the image where I think all the important edges are.
Some things to note:
The thing in the bottom left is quite interesting.
I think the blue lights are coming from the spherical thing in the upper right.
The dark bit in the middle all seems to be one entity, on top of a red thing in the background.
Enter text here
Ahlisendar
Obduction Backer

Postby Eleri » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:10 pm

It looks like a spray of light off of something/refracting through something. The light blue in the background has almost a buckyball (the particle, not the toy) structure to it, the light particles coming from that. Maybe it's moving?
Storyteller, Creatrix, and maker of general mayhem
Unwritten RPG: http://www.unwrittenrpg.com/
KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.
Eleri
Obduction Backer

Postby Scraper » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Well, I can't get past it looking like whatever I'm viewing, it's through a round or oval window with blue glass, the bottom of which is broken out. Or red glass, and only the bottom part is still intact. It looks like something has exploded in the pentagon shape. That's the best I can do.
- Scraper -
Scraper

Postby Samsbase » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:31 pm

I cant help but think that we need to find who's working on this project and where abouts they are on the internet. Notice the two people we have been getting hints from aren't at cyan at the moment... so if there is a connection between them and cyan for this we need to find it.
Samsbase
Obduction Backer

Postby sideshow118 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Don't know if this is in any way relevant, but the color in the word FARTHER matches the blue in the upper right of the image where the hexigonal structure can be seen. Might that structure, whatever it is, be designed to take us farther? All the way to Montana, say?
sideshow118
Obduction Backer

Postby Marten » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:02 pm

I think I see mountains and foothills sloping down to a lake.

Maybe.
MOULa KI: 26838 | Prologue Videos | Visit rel.to to explore Myst, Uru, and D'ni communities!
Click here for social/game profiles
Marten
Obduction Backer

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)