While we wait

While we wait

Postby smaller » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:49 am

If anyone wants to enjoy a great collection of photography of unique, striking "Myst-esque" settings and landscapes and overgrown architecture, check out Mystic Places.

It's mostly gorgeous photos (they're very good about proper source attribution), sometimes with comparison screenshots from the games, cool devices like gears and clocks and boilers and things, and other Myst-related art and crafts, stuff like that. Head over and enjoy! I've found browsing there helps scratch that waiting itch really well. :)

A few cool posts:

Bioluminescence

Hatshepsut's mortuary temple

The Mushroom Lodge

Abandoned nuclear cooling tower

Light art

More light art
smaller
Obduction Backer

Re: While we wait

Postby WeldFord » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:24 am

If I'm not mistaken, this blog is run by Claire Hummel who contributed at some artworks for Obduction ;)
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby smaller » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:22 am

WeldFord wrote:If I'm not mistaken, this blog is run by Claire Hummel who contributed at some artworks for Obduction ;)

Oh neat! I didn't know that. I just thought it was an awesome blog. ^^
smaller
Obduction Backer

Postby Baladria » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:02 am

I totally OMG'd and LOL'd at the inclusion of Hatshepsut's Mortuary Temple. I never thought "Myst" when seeing it, but that aside I think a lot of ancient Egyptian monuments lit up at night can fall under the category. :lol:
MOULa KI: 00212408 (feel free to add me)
Read my ramblings: http://baladriaonmyst.blogspot.com/
Baladria
Obduction Backer

Re: While we wait, biding our time.

Postby Hot2Trot » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:30 am

I was going to start a topic but then I noticed this one :lol:

Obduction I admit is just one of many games on the horizon for me, but that being said... it's definitely one of the main ones!
What is everyone playing or also looking forward to in the mean-time?

I'm going through Bound By Flame, Pillars of Eternity, Bloodborne, Red Dead Redemption, Dragons Dogma, Resident Evil HD remake, Grey Goo, KoA Reckoning, Divinity OS, Dishonored, Valkyra Chronicles, and thinking about checking out Darksiders 1/2, I've got quite a lot to keep me busy... too much even.

I can't wait for Wreckfest since I really enjoyed FlatOut 2, which is unusual since I'm not a racing game type or car person. Must be the destruction aspect! Witcher 3 maybe? I'll check it out, i didn't like 1 and I have mixed feelings about 2, Dark Souls kinda overshadowed that one for me. And of course, Metal Gear in sept.
RIP Silent Hills? :(

*edit, those pictures are flippin' amazing. :shock:
To live is to find yourself, make yourself, and be yourself. tumblr
Hot2Trot

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:36 pm

The Games that I have available to me are shown in the following Picture.
The ones that I play the most are the 14 in the 2 right side columns.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Wamduskasapa
Obduction Backer

Postby Yali » Sun May 17, 2015 11:59 am

I'm looking forward to No Man's Sky, Star Citizen, Solus, The Gallery, Elder Scrolls 6, Revival MMO, just bought The Witcher 3, and to any future Myst games by Cyan post-Obduction.
Yali
Obduction Backer

Postby Hot2Trot » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Yali wrote: just bought The Witcher 3.

Because this thread could use reviving. How was it? Got the expansion?

What's everyone else playing right now? I'm going through the Nathan Drake collection and GTA V... and the rest of the time, imgur, work, and my little pony keep me pretty occupied. Obduction will be here before we know it!! heh ...heh... *nervous twitching*
To live is to find yourself, make yourself, and be yourself. tumblr
Hot2Trot

Postby Graizur » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:20 pm

While we wait,

I know MYST is known as a non-violent video game and cyan is known as those guys that met at church and made said famously non-violent video game, and I know that Cyan itself would be against it but

In the mean time can we "organize" some kind of cross fandom "raid" on Tron? Please. Before both properties get forgotten again. TRONs just sitting there waiting for Disney Infinity to reach an iteration where the graphics upgrade allows a less cartoony avatar. Maybe we can, I dunno, bring some Infinty players through the MYST mythology or I don't know maybe we can spark some ideas of what to do with Tron's visual technology to real world object metaphor; you know the books as links metaphor isn't a small part of D'ni.

I don't mean an unwanted raid like the ones from 4chan, not malicious at all; here's how I see it going
Tumblr- We start introducing imagery like the hologram book in the rocket ship. Like the OP of this thread highlighted there are other sources of MYST aesthetic imagery.
Twitter- Keep an eye on Twitter for TRON related news, actors, and other examples of hypertext technology as physical reality and create connections and conversations based on that, including language technology, and things like environmental science teaching video games.
Forums- This would be further along but a touristy migrations of eyes and conversationalists sherpa-people to and fro from MYST Themed internet posts to TRON themed posts.

End Goal: two words Jeff Bridges.

So crazy it's justs mights works, right? Right, guys? Guys? Don't all agree at a once.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea.
(It's more of an ambassador program than a raid, I don't know why I'm using that phraseology, actually, I apologize)
(EditEdit: ITS BECAUSE OF THE ENTHUSIAMS)
Graizur
Obduction Backer

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)