Help Cyan getting to E3 ! - IndiesCrashE3

Re: Help Cyan getting to E3 ! - IndiesCrashE3

Postby wstrohm » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:18 am

This morning I fired up the world's most tedious game and found that I had 74 M + points. Those credit cards do come in handy. Obduction was over 10 B points, though, so I wonder (a) am I doing Cyan any good at two orders of magnitude below the total, and (b) where Cyan is relative to its "competitors."
---- Bill
Intel i7 8700, Z370N, 16 GB DDR4, 512 GB NVMe SSD, nVidia GTX 1050 TI OC, Mac OS 10.13.6
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby Carolyn » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:38 am

Not sure about (a), but Cyan are currently 17th.
MO:ULagain KI: #00042189 (unused) • #01521023
The cavern is Image, Minkata is Image
@rivenimagebot@CavernCondition
Carolyn

Postby Twitch » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:24 am

I wonder if anyone here participated in Cookie Clicker. It was the first of these mass-clicking RPGs
Twitch

Postby Twitch » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:49 am

...And just like cookie clicker, it's painfully easy to cheat at this.
Time to make tons of points for the cause
Twitch

Postby WeldFord » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:33 am

Even if I'm not a robot I have to fill out a Capatacha every 5m, but if you say so, I wish you good luck !
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby aloys » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:38 am

I just worked my way up to 110million points and it looks like I bought all the upgrades I could for now.. I could get more Automatons, but the really interesting ones (Crown) are awfully expensive, and I don't think I can spare another 3 hours of frenetic clicking to get a second one. :s

Also, I have 6 Clickables right now, my latest one being the Mine Cart, is there a last one I'm missing? It looks like there is enought room for an empty spot left here.
aloys
Obduction Backer

Postby Twitch » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:06 am

Well, I did some figures. Crowns are a waste of gems, you'll never have that many firegems to spare. Use all your amethysts on rings, and then start a new account once you get to 20 rings and they start to take 2 amethysts.
Using this method, I've gotten a total around 450 million, and I'm making 2558 per second between 4 accounts when I'm not clicking anything.

tl;dr, get 20 rings and 400% automaton bonus, spend everything you have remaining on cards, and then start from scratch with a new email.

Also, here's a greasemonkey script I threw together that allows you to open every clickable in one click:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Script
Code: Select all
// ==UserScript==
// @name        indieclicker 1 click
// @namespace   indieclicker 1 click
// @include     http://indieclicker.com/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

var elmLinkTemp
var elmLink = document.getElementsByTagName('span');
for (var i = elmLink.length - 1; i >= 0; --i)
{
   elmLinkTemp = elmLink[i];
   elmLinkTemp.removeAttribute('data-required_clicks');
   elmLinkTemp.setAttribute('data-required_clicks', '0');
}
Twitch

Postby wstrohm » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:26 am

@Twitch,

That ain't no "greasemonkey" script, take it from a grease monkey who works on his wife's RX-7. Congrats on successfully cheating the system. I have only one account, and only a right thumb. My total is 374 million at the moment, but clearly I am not needed at all, or rather, I am not contributing enough to bother further. I'll just let it run. :(
---- Bill
Intel i7 8700, Z370N, 16 GB DDR4, 512 GB NVMe SSD, nVidia GTX 1050 TI OC, Mac OS 10.13.6
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby tommyap » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:16 am

Don't stop Twitch, every point counts.
There are some weird glitches though.
I set myself a goal, one milion at first, but increasingly more.
The fist oddity was that i did not see any points from my score going to the total, until i hit one bilion points.
Three digits of my score dissappeard. The first four remaind visible, and the last three, shown side by side.
So in stead of ten digits, it showed seven. Only when i add something does it briefly show ten.
But the amount of points going to the total increased dramaticly.
The next weird thing happened when i hit two bilion points.
When i add somethying now, i loose hondreds of milions of points.
The score ticker can not handle that much apparantly.
(i am well over a thousand points per second)
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby tommyap » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:44 pm

Ok, no problem, LOL.
Some tips for you out there.
1)Your automatics are only uploaded to the leaderboard when you log in!
So log in to the game at least once every day or your points will not go ANYWHERE!! (untill you are over one bilion points, after that you upload not only your klickables but your interest as well, every time you complete one. In my case a chest adds over 20.000 points to Obduction)
2)Get all your updates, and buy a few cards etcetera first.
3)Once you have all of them, start buying some crowns. Meaning SEVERAL.
4)Don't be bothered by the appalling inflation rate, it means NOTHING. (use it to determine which item to collect next)
5)Get your otherwise meaningless score over ONE BILION.
AND START HAMMERING THOSE POINTS HOME
8-)
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby tommyap » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:44 pm

On second thought....
It may not have been the bilion points threshold that did the trick.
At some point i started buying silver trophies.
The prize for elite cards was up to 25 blue gems or so, which did not add up, and i could not buy rings because i was saving purple gems for the next crown.
Since it takes a while to collect the needed amount of red gems, i must have bought dozens of silver trophies.
I am at ten crowns now, and i expect to reach 10% of the total score for Obduction over night or tomorrow, so i can aford an experiment.
What is going to happen when i do the same thing with gold trophies?
So in short, there are three options:
1. I have a bug alowing me to add an awfull lot of points.
2. There is a bilion points treshold making a huge difference.
3. There is something to those trophies.
I do not know which of these three.
Man, i actually got out of bed to type this. :roll:
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby Twitch » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:44 pm

In my case a chest adds over 20.000 points to Obduction

Yeah, I don't believe you. I have every upgrade and my chests are only worth 1,100 points. Why don't you show us what your screen looks like, since you apparently have upgrades that don't exist?
Twitch

Postby tommyap » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:45 am

Ok, so i did an experiment;

After waking up on monday morning, i started up my PC.
Went to the bathroom, and after that started my browser and went to the leaderboard.
http://indiescrashe3.com/leaderboard
Scrolled down to Obduction and noted the score: 27.647.455.185
Next i wet to the kitchen to make me some coffee, and got dressed.
With a steaming mug of coffee in front of me, i clicked refresh.
Same score. Some activity at place 16 (directly behind us), but nothing else close by.
I logged in, after that the score had jumped to 27.837.064.251, 190.609.066 points higher.
I raising the score to 27.844.286.416, another 722.216 points in fifteen minutes. (no mine-cart or it would be MUCH higher)
Logged out, clicked on my desktop, waited an extra minute, and went to the leaderboard again.
Same score. So i put my shoes on, waited a minute and clicked refresh.
Same score. Shut down my PC and went out.

I have no visible updates that you do not.

(edit)
The only thing that looks different in my screen is my score ticker. It shows 7 digits, the first 4 moving very slowly, the last 3 very rapid, untill i complete a clickable. than it shows very briefly 10 digits as it should, immediatly going back to 7 (the digits in between 100 and 1.000.000 missing). They behave like two different tickers. They are not precisely identical, the 10 digits are running behind a bit. So every time i complete a clickable, the 7 digits revert to the 10 dragging behind. As long as i play, my score remains practically frozen. As soon as i stop it rises again. I can not show you this on an image. I could try to capture it on video, but i have no idea how to upload video. If you have some advice on that, i am willing to repeat the experiment i did this morning on video. Bandicam might still work, with a watermark i guess. And i do not own a microfoon, so you will have to watch the cursor carefully, if that's ok.

But even when i am the only one online, every clickable will rise the score of Obduction by at least 13.000 points, the first couple of days i played i rarely if ever saw scores appearing on the Obduction ticker higher than the value of the clickables i completed.(the same value is shown on the clickables bar that you get from the upgrades) My score did not make any difference, and it did not seem there was anyone playing when i was online, which being in Europe did not surprize me much. Now it does not matter what time it is, if there is someone playing before i log in, or none, a chest will never add less than 13.000 points and usually higher than 20.000 points. If there were others playing i would simply asume it is their points added in between mine. When there are, they get even higher. If i had ever seen my score having any efffect, or the combined automatics of everyone offline i would asume that was responsible for this. But i have not. In fact i was greatly puzzled by that behaviour untill i discovered that the automatics score is added to the total when you log IN, not OUT, and not in real time. You can see a high roller log in, for the Obduction score jumps up by dozens or even hundreds of millions of points added all at once (there are at least three), so that is not the couse either.
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby tommyap » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:29 am

And right now it takes ten seconds to get even a single clickable registered. Is this thing buggy or what. Giving up for the evening. :(
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby Twitch » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:13 am

I think your understanding of the game's function is deeply flawed, and the weird behavior you are seeing is caused by your browser failing to properly render the site's very buggy and conflicting stylesheet. Let me address things point-by-point:

~Your automatics are only uploaded to the leaderboard when you log in!
This is absolutely not true. I have tested this using a seperate cache-free device. What IS true is that your computer is not informed on the progress of OTHER PEOPLE's automatics until you log in. The score itself is not affected, you are just not kept up-to-date on other people's progress. (The core game logic javascript confirms this)

~Once you have all of them, start buying some crowns.
Your amythest rate is heavily influenced by luck. If your poker chips trigger on an amythest, you suddenly get five of them. Otherwise, you get them painfully slow. The fastest way to get points is to get rings when you are below around 2000 firegems, and then once you reach 2000 firegems to start saving up for your next crown. All of your greens can be dumped onto credit cards, regardless of the inflation rate, simply because it takes far too long to buy thousands of trophies. Elite cards can also be bought en masse while saving for a crown, because it's not hard to get enough blues for a ring.

~In my case a chest adds over 20.000 points to Obduction
No. You must have a visual error, or you think that other people's points are yours as well. A chest will only add 1,100 points with all upgrades.

~I have a bug alowing me to add an awfull lot of points.
Since every action you take is being double-checked for validity, any bug that gives you bonus points isn't actually adding those points to the real total.

~There is a bilion points treshold making a huge difference.
Nothing in the core game logic checks your score at any time, so this is impossible.

~There is something to those trophies.
Again, nothing in the core game logic checks your trophy count at any time.

~But even when i am the only one online, every clickable will rise the score of Obduction by at least 13.000 points
You haven't been the only one online in over a week, I've had at least one instance running constantly since the 14th, and have had four of them running since the 17th.

Long story short, looking at Cyan's total point count is not a reliable way to judge your personal impact, because your browser fetches new pointcounts sporadically when the cache becomes stale, and that might not even be a completely accurate pointcount to save on server load. The server isn't storing hundreds of billions of individual points, it's far more likely to be a nested database of what was purchased and in what order, from which a pointcount can be extrapolated with varying levels of accuracy as needed. Why would the server recreate a 100% accurate point count every single time you click on something instead of just doing it once, when you log in?

On a related note, I have a pair of greasemonkey scripts for anyone who wants them. The first makes every clickable only take one click, and the second automatically submits your highest-value clickable every half second, even when the tab is inactive (you still need to solve the captcha, though.) PM me and I'll send them to you.
Twitch

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)