Help Cyan getting to E3 ! - IndiesCrashE3

Re: Help Cyan getting to E3 ! - IndiesCrashE3

Postby tommyap » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:41 am

An update is in order i think

There are or at least were two bugs in the ticker.
The first was how the 10 digit display was shortened to a 7 digit display.
It should have been 1.234.567 to replace 1.234.567.890.
What happened however was that i got 1.234.890.
That one is solved now. 8-)
The other bug is worse and unsolved for the moment. :(
The 7 digit display showed normaly, and the 10 digit display showed briefly are not in sync.
The 10 digit display is a fraction late.
So what you see is; 1.23(A).567 normaly, than 1.23(B).567.890 shortly, than 1.23(B).567, where (B) is usually of lower value than (A).
So the score is turned back a million points, (or less, but it is shown so briefly that i can not be certain of that) every time a clickable is registered.
I am not particularly upset by that. By now the digit for the ten thousands is skipping numbers so the loss is not as bad as it sounds.

Now i do not know if you can see an almost realtime total score (at least in sync with the leaderboard) as i do.
What i do know is that i did not have it before. I do now.
I also did not see my automatics having any effect on the total score at all. In the display only those points that you see rising from the clickables were added.
Now, i never see that anymore. I see numbers much higher. I also see jumps of tens or even hundreds of millions on very rare occasions.
Early in the morning i can click refresh watching the leaderboard again and again for a very long time and see no changes in the score of Obduction most days, but some changes elsewhere on the board. So i asume i am seeing activity, maybe i am wrong, who knows. If there are some bots at work all the time, they do not show up on the leaderboard. When i stop and go to the leaderboard it usually shows exactly the same score that i saw in the game, if not it is only marginally larger, and by clicking refresh, i see the activity continuing.
Maybe i am jumping to conclusions, so be it.
It looks like my clickables and score-progress are uploaded every time i complete a clickable, i can not be enterely certain that it is true however. But it sure looks that way.
Unfortunally i am getting problems with the connection, which is unlikely on my end, believe it or not. Yesterday i stopped playing because it took over 10 seconds to register a clickable, all progress frozen. Today it takes even longer.

@Twitch
I never claimed i understood the game's function.
What browser do you suppose i use?
What kind of visual error do you suppose?
The three options were just that, options from the top of my head, without the means to confirm or deny any one of them.
How do you explain a lack of activity on the leaderboard continuing for quite some time, even though there is activity elsewhere, even though your instances have been active the whole time?
How do you explain the FACT that i see the same score on the leaderboard after playing that i had in game allmost every time. Eventhough i have shut down my browser completely in between?
I have no answer for your next to last paragraph.
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby wstrohm » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:56 am

Another data point from an "average" player with only one account. Current score: 526 M+
Current inventory: 118 green cards, 71 blue cards, 45 pearls, 14 rings. Six upgrades of various types. Would like some way to guess my impact on Cyan's score, but it's not obvious.
---- Bill
Intel i7 8700, Z370N, 16 GB DDR4, 512 GB NVMe SSD, nVidia GTX 1050 TI OC, Mac OS 10.13.6
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby tommyap » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:06 am

I was fooling myself in thinking a bug was solved, it is not. I am still seeing 1.234.890 in stead of 1.234.567, and the 4 is following the 8. I can not be certain if i am losing points or not because i can only see the 567 very briefly, but probably not. The wrong count is corrected, with every clickable, more likely. (if this is what Twitch referred to as a visual error, he was right)
More importantly;
We are on the move ladies and gentleman. We were a week and a half ago, but slowly. But it seems we are picking up speed fast. Two weeks ago we were hopping and ducking in the 18 to 16 range. Now we are closing in on 13. My score was rapidly getting closer to 10% just two days ago. I found that alarming. Now the total score is rising to fast to catch up, and i am falling behind.
That is GREAT. Get me down to 5% please. Better yet, get me down to 1%. Or better still.....
Oh, and i see activity every morning, in stead of rarely. Which is a bit of a bummer in light of an experiment i have been trying to do for two days, but excellent news in any other light.
Congratulations everyone, keep it up. :D

@wstrohm
You could write down your score before closing, and do the same when you start, you should get a reasonable estimate of the effect of your automatics at least. The last two days i have not seen a period without activity the times i checked, so it seems the only method left.
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby WeldFord » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:10 pm

In an email I received today :

Please note we will be reducing scores at the end of the contest based on the amount of botting which went towards each nomination; this will happen BEFORE prizes are awarded. Contest ends 11:59 p.m. PDT on April 26th, 2015.

Click, click, click!
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby Twitch » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:16 am

Well, that's good. The top slots are very heavily botted.
Twitch

Postby wstrohm » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:37 am

No bot here, although my right thumb is sometimes numb... currently at 925+ M, now I have a Minecart.
---- Bill
Intel i7 8700, Z370N, 16 GB DDR4, 512 GB NVMe SSD, nVidia GTX 1050 TI OC, Mac OS 10.13.6
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby Twitch » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:13 am

Well, I'm going to stop here. Hopefully, none of my accounts are flagged for botting. Since I don't have the patience to play this game legit, it's no big loss if I end up getting flagged anyway. For anyone else who's botting, I suggest you stop soon, because one of the possible methods of detection is to change the site structure at the last minute and see who's suddenly sending thousands of invalid requests because the bot is hooked onto the old system. I just finished spending the last of my gems, and these are my final scores (font changed for readability)

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Twitch

Postby wstrohm » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:56 am

When I fired the game up this am, I had 1.035B+ points. However as I began playing, the number fluctuated and actually decreased to 1.034B, then back to 1.035, etc, etc. If I stopped clicking, the number began to increase on its own up to about 1.04B, but then when I started clicking again, it dropped back to 1.035->1.034->1.035. This behavior is repeatable. What's going on? (Incidentally Obduction was in 12th place at 62B+ points this morning.) No bots... no scripts... just playing it "straight."
---- Bill
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby tommyap » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:01 pm

@wstrohm
Your ten digits are shortened to seven, but not correctly.
You get 1.234.890 in stead of 1.234.567.
When digit 8 turns from 9 to 0, digit 4 goes one up, in stead of digit 7.
The next time you complete a clickable, your score is corrected.
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby Twitch » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:31 am

Here's what happens: Your browser knows what automatons you have, so it keeps your point count rising to match your automatons in between updates from the server. However, there's a bug that causes your 10 digit number to be shortened to 7 digits. The problem is that your browser is adding your automatons to the 7 digit number, which basically means your browser thinks you're getting points 1,000 times faster than you actually are. Every time you click, it gets corrected by the server, which makes it look like you lost points. If you use a script to fix the 10 digit bug, it updates correctly. It's only a visual bug and has no impact on your score.
Twitch

Postby tommyap » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:22 am

About it being useless to buy more than 1 crown;
Whenever i receive 5 purple gems, i start saving for another crown. I stop buying pearls and rings for a while. Every time i have enough purple gems for both a crown and a ring, i buy a ring.
In the end a crown is costing me a little over two rings and about eight pearls (at the moment). So that is less than 20 points per second versus 50 points per second. The time i waste saving, is compensated at a rate of over 30 points a second afterwards, so it takes less than two thirds of the time i spend saving to break even, after that it is all profit. And while i am saving the prize of pearls does not rise. All in all, it is well worth the patience saving for crowns.
And it will remain so untill hours before the end.

@Twitch
I did not receive that email.
So, to those that have: It seems you were caught.
To Twitch, and others who have used that script
Could you post your total points per second please.
Than we can calculate roughly how many points to substract from the total dayly, to have at least some indication where we are.
We can only hope your legit score and clickables will not be subtracted too, but i doubt it.
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:15 am

That email isn't about botting. It's just a "oh, by the way" type note at the bottom. The email is primarily about raising additional funds to send the top 10 instead of only the top 5. It was marked as spam for me so you should probably check your spam box.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Twitch » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Actually, the email was only sent to 1 of my 4 accounts anyway, and they were ALL bots.
Twitch

Postby wstrohm » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Currently at 1.305B; going for another Crown. No bot, no script, just me.
---- Bill
wstrohm
Obduction Backer

Postby Graizur » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:56 pm

I've yet to find a contest outside my sphere of influence that wasn't a cover for rewarding friends. I'm so glad that Cyan has fans with enough attention to detail to bug check this vote system down to it's nuts and bolts.

But be careful. If you embarrass the people throwing the contest they may retaliate. Image
Graizur
Obduction Backer

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)