Mining Planet - MAP (possible spoilers)

Mining Planet - MAP (possible spoilers)

Postby TheMagician » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:11 am

Hi all,

after the new wave of screenshots on the Obduction Facebook page I've sat down and tried to
come up with a map of the mining planet (I call it that because of the minecart tracks everywhere).

If you haven't looked at the screenshots yet and/or you don't want to know anything about the
layout of the planet then do not continue reading after this point.

There are two versions of the map, with and without a legend.

MAP WITHOUT LEGEND

MAP WITH LEGEND

Feel free to discuss! :)

Greetings
TheMagician
TheMagician
Obduction Backer

Re: Mining Planet - MAP (possible spoilers)

Postby WeldFord » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:36 am

I don't want to be spoiled too much so I'm not looking in details but it looks great !
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby TheMagician » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:50 am

Thanks!

One (non-spoiler) thing I want to add is that I remember Rand comparing Obduction's size to that of Myst - but this planet / world alone is huge. And judging by another early production screenshot there is a lot more stuff to be discovered that I haven't even put in the map yet.

And still everything is so detailed - you see the "Obduction House" from far away and it already looks impressive. But when you come closer and closer you'll find that there is grass growing between the cracks in the concrete sidewalk.

Even though Cyan had posted a couple of screenshots before I couldn't really judge the size / quality the game was aiming for. But now with these new pictures I get the feeling that this will be the next BIG chapter in Cyan's history.

Whatever deals Cyan is currently working on I really wish them the best of luck and that Obduction will be a big success for the studio and team!
TheMagician
Obduction Backer

Postby Magic88889 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:15 pm

I think in terms of size of the worlds this is going to be much bigger than Myst. I mean, the tools to build these worlds have come an extremely long way since then.
However, I think in terms of the scope and the amount of actual game content, it might be more similar to Myst.
Of course, I could be wrong and that Cyan just found that they could build a much larger game than they originally thought.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:44 am

Haha, now I feel reminded and can imagine why Cyan didn't want to give us too much beforehand lol ... Sorry, but I couldn't resist ... Great job on this one, I can also understand your eagerness, nevertheless, TheMagician ... :D
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)