Puzzle on the dev blog?

Puzzle on the dev blog?

Postby Malfhok » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:43 am

Jason Calvert's post on the Obduction dev blog is formatted mighty peculiar. If it's a puzzle, I haven't found the solution. Anyone have ideas?
Cosmic Osmo for iOS is a must!
Malfhok
Obduction Backer

Re: Puzzle on the dev blog?

Postby Tai'lahr » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:46 am

I assumed it was just a line character limit on whatever device or program he used to write it and that he just copied it over and didn't adjust it. Or, it could be that he wanted it to line up with the size of the images.

It does seem to be a rather dry and technical subject, but it is the developers blog, so ... I d'no.

My only thought was that these logs sounded a lot like the ones used in Uru and that there would probably be people trying to find them in Obduction when it came out.
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby JWPlatt » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:40 am

It's word wrap phobia.

Some people simply refuse to allow word processors to control their lives, and actually choose this style. Every time they press the 'Enter' key it is a small victory against automation. They're Luddites, really, but are forced to use technology and computers because this ironic natural talent is their greatest value to society and their income. They are Twitter extremists who refuse to use even half of a full length tweet. They also commonly suffer from the related malady of hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.
JWPlatt
Creative Kingdoms

Postby HeadCheese » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:29 am

In reply to my comment about the unusual line breaks:

Jason Calvert November 10, 2015 at 9:10 am - Reply

I wouldn’t read too much into it…

Maybe a little…

…but, not too much
HeadCheese
Obduction Backer

Postby HeadCheese » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:32 am

JWPlatt wrote:It's word wrap phobia.

Some people simply refuse to allow word processors to control their lives, and actually choose this style. Every time they press the 'Enter' key it is a small victory against automation. They're Luddites, really, but are forced to use technology and computers because this ironic natural talent is their greatest value to society and their income. They are Twitter extremists who refuse to use even half of a full length tweet. They also commonly suffer from the related malady of hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

Luddite programmers ... yes, of course. 8-)
HeadCheese
Obduction Backer

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)