Is there activity on this forum?

Is there activity on this forum?

Postby HollyBluebird » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:26 am

Hello everyone! :D Just like to ask if the forum is active or just quiet because the developer are very busy?
HollyBluebird

Re: Is there activity on this forum?

Postby WeldFord » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:50 am

yes
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby Tomala » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:49 am

HollyBluebird wrote:Hello everyone! :D Just like to ask if the forum is active or just quiet because the developer are very busy?

Both.
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I found other games to play.
Tomala
Obduction Backer

What puzzles game are you playing?

Postby HollyBluebird » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:21 pm

Hello! Nice to meet you two! :) Been very excited about Obduction and can't wait till it releases in June 2016! What are you all doing at the mean time while waiting for it be release? There's witness and the Obduction developer can learn lots from that game! Its a 100hour game and at first going through mazes seems boring but they could a neat way of doing it so it is challenging! The game is sold for 40US so at first i was not sure how successful they will be but it seem they are doing well on steam! It had a funding of just under 6 Million so it looks like a big game that is focus on puzzles!

I was also thinking that perhaps both game companies can help each other out in promotion cause i know one other major game development doing that too. Perhaps even in the ideas they do so these games can really be the best out there!

Also is the team going to do more to promote Obduction like Q&A to get people excited about it to those who do not know what it is and why they should buy it? I know its been done in the past but perhaps doing this will get lots more excited about it! Or again since its releasing soon there is no need to do any of that?

Does anyone know when in June will it be release? Early June or late June? And do you need a powerful computer to run it?
HollyBluebird

Postby Tomala » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:59 pm

What are you all doing at the mean time while waiting for it be release?

Lots, and lots, and lots of Skyrim at the moment. As well as the rest of my games library. I have too many games and not enough time to finish them all, especially Skyrim with it's endless mods. :P

Does anyone know when in June will it be release? Early June or late June? And do you need a powerful computer to run it?

Yeah, if you have an old system you'll probably want to beef it up. Obduction will be running Unreal Engine 4, if you want to test your current system specs to see if it can handle an UE4 type game you might want to check out this benchmark.
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby HollyBluebird » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:59 am

Thank you Tomala for the replies! I can't really play other games as I am still wondering about that abandon house! Isn't the suspense killing you of why you trapped on this alien world??? And thanks for the link i will check but i don't think Obduction will deny me getting in there as I got a job to do, I am being payed you know to figure this out! I am detective and was sent to discover the truth and report back to head quarters so they will give me what I need to get in there. ;)
HollyBluebird

Postby Tomala » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:01 pm

I can't really play other games as I am still wondering about that abandon house! Isn't the suspense killing you of why you trapped on this alien world???

Kinda, but I've waited two years, if I don't do something I'll get bored. :P Games, work, hobbies, more work, cats, some more work. It'll come in due time and when it does I hopefully won't be too distracted. :P
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:57 pm

Instead of buying a new system I have BEEFED UP my Alienware M18 with 2 Seagate 1TB SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drives) 32 GB Kingston Hyper-Thread Memory Modules and cleaned then reapplied new Silver Heat Sink Compound to the CPU, and the 2 NVidea Cards.

Last January I received my Avegant Glyph Founders Edition VR HUD (Heads-Up Display) which set me up for game testing (Bug Squashing and Glitch smashing)

I am currently Alpha Testing 2 PC Games both due out in the last quarter of this year or the First Quarter of Next. NO - NOT Obduction.. So I am kept quite busy with BUG and Glitch searches .

Other than that I spend my time with Virtual 3D tours of Karnak (Egypt), The Valley of The Kings (Egypt), and Tula (Mesoamerican site)...
Wamduskasapa
Obduction Backer

Postby HollyBluebird » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:07 am

Tomala wrote:
I can't really play other games as I am still wondering about that abandon house! Isn't the suspense killing you of why you trapped on this alien world???

Kinda, but I've waited two years, if I don't do something I'll get bored. :P Games, work, hobbies, more work, cats, some more work. It'll come in due time and when it does I hopefully won't be too distracted. :P

Oh then thats okay as we need to eat, provide for our familes if we have one, sleep, work, clean and all those duties but you can always still think about that alien land the developer been thinking about it all the time.

I might even say do we have time to try out the game for those who are working? We all be busy during the week and perhaps the weekend have time to play it.

So that is a very good thought Tomala making use of our time instead of wasting it away thinking about something that has not happen yet! :) Perhaps you can talk about a few things and encourage of us to do something productive while we wait for the game? :) Being serious as I think its a good idea!
HollyBluebird

Postby HollyBluebird » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:22 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:Instead of buying a new system I have BEEFED UP my Alienware M18 with 2 Seagate 1TB SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drives) 32 GB Kingston Hyper-Thread Memory Modules and cleaned then reapplied new Silver Heat Sink Compound to the CPU, and the 2 NVidea Cards.

Last January I received my Avegant Glyph Founders Edition VR HUD (Heads-Up Display) which set me up for game testing (Bug Squashing and Glitch smashing)

I am currently Alpha Testing 2 PC Games both due out in the last quarter of this year or the First Quarter of Next. NO - NOT Obduction.. So I am kept quite busy with BUG and Glitch searches .

Other than that I spend my time with Virtual 3D tours of Karnak (Egypt), The Valley of The Kings (Egypt), and Tula (Mesoamerican site)...

You should have no problem playing Obudction with that kind of system! That is a very expensive head set you got! :) Will you have time for obduction since your very busy with testing? Or you going to play obduction at a later stage?

What do you like about Egypt? And how does this 3D tour work can you move anyway you want? Or is it just a one way flight path? You just gave me a thought on this! :)
HollyBluebird

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:35 am

The HUD that I have was a Founders Edition (ie. A unit from the KickStarter Campaign). What is Unique about this HUD is that it, like the military HUD have everything included within its firmware. Yes that will increase the cost BUT THAT MEANs that any unit that has a HDMI or mini Display Port are able to use this headset (ie Computers, Game Consoles, Laptops, Macs, Notebooks, Tablets, TVs, DVD and Blue Ray Players)(even some smart phones)

As with an actual museum tour or Archeological (Anthropological) Dig you are unable to actually handle an artifact. BUT unlike an actual visitation you are able to examine an artifact much more closely with different tools (ie magnification, MRI, ultrasound, Xray and different light frequencies) IF Those tools were ever used and their use documented.
Wamduskasapa
Obduction Backer

Postby Tomala » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:55 am

HollyBluebird wrote:I might even say do we have time to try out the game for those who are working? We all be busy during the week and perhaps the weekend have time to play it.

Well, yeah. But first Obduction needs to be released. :P

HollyBluebird wrote:Perhaps you can talk about a few things and encourage of us to do something productive while we wait for the game? :) Being serious as I think its a good idea!

Most of the things that I would suggest probably wouldn't fly to well here with people who play Cyan games and only Cyan games. I can only speak for myself, and what's good for me probably wouldn't be good for most others, but I'll go ahead anyway. :P In my case I have multiple hobbies, and I love playing multiple game genres and titles, and modding them when/if possible. I like sharing my "adventures" with friends and others, be it text, video or picture. I keep tabs on multiple websites (including this one) just to see what's happening in the world, and I'll also write about anything I find interesting. Blogging is nice for that, especially when you have more than one interest. Blogging about just one thing can be difficult, I've tried.

If there is one thing I could suggest though, it's what I said earlier in the thread: Make sure your system can run Unreal Engine 4. Fortunately I'm more than ready on both my desktop and laptop.

[Reveal] Spoiler: "My System Specs"
Desktop:

Operating Systems: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit/CentOS 7 Core
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5
Processor: Intel Xeon X5680
Displays: 27" Viewsonic LED monitor and a 32" Samsung UN32EH5000
Graphics Card: AMD R9 290 (4 GB GDDR5) (Upgrading to the R9 Fury soon)
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro with external breakout box
Sound processor: Digitech DSP 286 (for extra sound effects)
Microphone: Shure SM58
Headphones: Audio Technica AD700
Keyboard: Logitech G510
Mouse: Logitech G502
RAM: 12 GB

Laptop:

Laptop Model: ASUS ROG G750JS
Operating Systems: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Processor: Intel i7-4700
Display size: 17"
Graphics Card: GTX 870m (3 GB GDDR5)
RAM: 16GB

Used between both systems: Steam Controller

So once Obduction is finally released I'll be able to play it literally anywhere. :P
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby HollyBluebird » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote:The HUD that I have was a Founders Edition (ie. A unit from the KickStarter Campaign). What is Unique about this HUD is that it, like the military HUD have everything included within its firmware. Yes that will increase the cost BUT THAT MEANs that any unit that has a HDMI or mini Display Port are able to use this headset (ie Computers, Game Consoles, Laptops, Macs, Notebooks, Tablets, TVs, DVD and Blue Ray Players)(even some smart phones)

As with an actual museum tour or Archeological (Anthropological) Dig you are unable to actually handle an artifact. BUT unlike an actual visitation you are able to examine an artifact much more closely with different tools (ie magnification, MRI, ultrasound, Xray and different light frequencies) IF Those tools were ever used and their use documented.

How does it stay on your face with out it falling down because of the ear phones? And would it be a recommended VR to get or are they more expensive ones? Are you able to use VR sims or these sim only for the occulus rift? And does your eye get tired from looking at the lens?

Rock climbing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppc7HHliOA8

And also you can't see everything in a virtual museum which i think is a good incentive so you want to fly over and see the real museum! :) Is that what your going to do for Egypt so you can examine the items better?
HollyBluebird

Postby HollyBluebird » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:52 am

Tomala wrote:Well, yeah. But first Obduction needs to be released. :P

And why we try to keep forum active so at least there is something to talk about. :)

Tomala wrote:Most of the things that I would suggest probably wouldn't fly to well here with people who play Cyan games and only Cyan games. I can only speak for myself, and what's good for me probably wouldn't be good for most others, but I'll go ahead anyway. :P In my case I have multiple hobbies, and I love playing multiple game genres and titles, and modding them when/if possible. I like sharing my "adventures" with friends and others, be it text, video or picture. I keep tabs on multiple websites (including this one) just to see what's happening in the world, and I'll also write about anything I find interesting. Blogging is nice for that, especially when you have more than one interest. Blogging about just one thing can be difficult, I've tried.

Why not? What things won't fly here? Do you mean different games or lifestyle? That never is an issue as i just posted my thread and did not know if it would help or not i just posted it. Perhaps you could just blog here and keep the forum active on what your doing like every week while waiting for Obduction? Perhaps similar titles?

You could talk about how to raise cats over here? To have an active forum so users can visit this forum and more interest raise for obduction?

Tomala wrote:If there is one thing I could suggest though, it's what I said earlier in the thread: Make sure your system can run Unreal Engine 4. Fortunately I'm more than ready on both my desktop and laptop.

You got a very powerful system! Here is what is req to run it. You don't need a really powerful computer if you have a good graphics card and a modern intel motherboard.
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/IN ... fications/
HollyBluebird

Postby Tomala » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:51 pm

HollyBluebird wrote:You got a very powerful system! Here is what is req to run it. You don't need a really powerful computer if you have a good graphics card and a modern intel motherboard.

I know, but you'd be surprised how many people still play their games on a potato battery. :P

HollyBluebird wrote:Why not? What things won't fly here? Do you mean different games or lifestyle?.

Gaming. Unless you count gaming as a lifestyle too. :P Then both?

HollyBluebird wrote:Perhaps you could just blog here and keep the forum active on what your doing like every week while waiting for Obduction? Perhaps similar titles?

Maybe if I blogged about Obduction and only Obduction, but I don't. Plus no one needs to know what I'm doing while waiting for Obduction's release, and if they do they know where to find me. :mrgreen:
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Next

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)