Why are you Super excited with Obduction?

Why are you Super excited with Obduction?

Postby HollyBluebird » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:57 am

Any thoughts on what is getting you excited about Obduction? :) Why do you want to play it so much over the other Myst games? Is it the exploration and discovering things? Playing it just for the story? Are you excited about what new puzzles you can tear your brain at? Or are you getting it because your a long time fan and so just want to get it to show support?

It be really interesting to hear all the fan thoughts on this?
HollyBluebird

Come explore with me!

Postby HollyBluebird » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:56 am

Isn't there anyone excited of why they want to get obduction? :oops:

For me because I love the game developer for nurturing my brain!

Just read this blog and they poured their very souls into this like with all their games! Its why the puzzles are so nurturing to the brain cause spent hours, days, years making it happen! :)
http://obduction.com/?m=201511

lots of Love to the dev for caring for our brains and telling us that education is fun and does not need to be boring! We can take out our books and go and learn new things at University because that's why we crave for harder puzzles in the first place! We want to play harder puzzles because we want to learn and experience new things. And that is the lovely thing about Myst that in a way its become a teacher in disguise. A very good teacher in disguise challenging us to learn and explore the World around us! When books get boring we just need to be reminded that it leads to fun challenging things as teacher Myst as shown! Anyone hate maths? Just think of myst and fall in love with maths again! Because learning maths does not need to be so arbitrary! This is what Myst can do for you! Give you encouragement to want to do the boring subjects when we study! All the thinking is for a reason and why it just so hard! So do not fear language cause Myst shows there is nothing to fear even if analogy in the game is simplistic. It connects to other things so its the reason to learn!

And here is an illustration of the result!

Just looking at it is boring to many but not when you play the Myst series! You just want to dive in and explore its complexity to find its meaning because it can be fun in a way! :lol: Not just showing this because i want people to love science but it really is true that Myst give you this kind of love if your looking for it!

And here too!

No violence no swearing! So I love the Dev! I will get shouted at mock if i went to the fallout 4 forum and requested there be no swearing or!

The story is almost like Syberia I and II! Not so out of the world and you can relate and connect with the characters. Its setting is not so futuristic and fantasy like Dream chapters and more down to earth like life is strange. You can look at your life and relate to what they are doing!

With obudction even though it is alien I know the feel will still be the same! Its perhaps why that house is there? Perhaps finding the way back home? Trying to find another human being? So alone? Perhaps these things await us in the game? But seeing the screenshots its far more impressive then Dream chapters stories! They can really capture reality that i don't find in many adventure games! The Myst series are the only game where it just feels so real and meaningful.

I would choose obduction over Dream chapters any day even if it is not an emotional narrative! Because they just have that special touch to making these types of games!

And it also shows you don't need to go full on fantasy or some far out cyberpunk to gain a huge crowd! Life is full of interesting events that can be used and enjoyed!

What this image means to me?

It means this!

Lots of meaningful connection when I step into that house! I could spend the whole time in that house just exploring and reading things and seeing things! Puzzles could await in that house to discover! I know it cannot be all that complicated like entering into a real house but i can always expect that perhaps it might turn out similar! Be a detective and just find out what happened and perhaps some clues lie in that house? There could have been people in there? Perhaps the house had characters that I know that live in there? Perhaps a scared cat or dog hiding in the cupboards? I can open it and try be nice and it can become my companion in this lonely world? Just so many things can occured in there? If i was transported then it sure is in a very good shape! So perhaps it could be my resident to stay in for a while? Again go to each room and try to understand why it was left like it was so perfect? Perhaps its not a real house and just some fake house look to be real?

I do not know and can only wait to discover if it is a real house or a fake one made by the aliens? I am even wondering why Am i here and how i got here? Where was I before? How come I don't remember? Do I remember? Is this place some prison where the aliens want me to live by force?

It seem the house was uprooted from underground and put in this very strange land? Perhaps I would find my identity in that house? And could be that i have no memories and need to discover who I am? Or if I did had memories then it could be blurred and if not then it be a nightmare knowing this is not home!

The skies certainly look very alien to me and I am already getting very scared that I do not know anything familar apart from that nice looking house? Are those real flowers in the picket fence? I need to take a closer look! If it is real then examining those plant will tell me the truth! Any letters in the Letter box can it be open? There don't seem to be any numbers on it? I don't like the look of it that the gate is wide open so you can just go right in? Could it be a trap?

There are also clothes hang on the line so that means someone has been living here but what happen to them? It could be in the morning that the house was uprooted as the clothes would probably be hung by that time. It could also mean that it was put that to look real so i need a closer inspection.

Can I also enter the house through the front door as it seem closed or do i need to find a key? What about that wind will is it working? I just had a thought that the flowers and plant are not dead? So that means it could be very recent! Am I correct that it only had been very recent because the plants look so well?

But it does not make sense? The grass is over grown but the flowers and pot plants are looking just perfectly fine! So something is not right and perhaps the house is alien too! They want to try and mess with our brain to make us feel at home but its all just a lie.

Its looks old but its not because the plants are out of place? So is this some kind of setup? Its also very dark inside and all the weapons can be seen through but i don't see anything? Is there anything inside the house?

I do see that this is a real road because as said it looks like its been uprooted somehow but need to discover how it was rooted up?

Is there more on the other side behind those boulders? And also that wind will its not turning is it? Or is it stationary? Perhaps there is no wind on this alien world? What is keeping those 2 large things in the air floating? Why is it there anyway? Can I get up it?

Inspect everything because that was how Myst taught me and i do hope that is what I need to do to discover this place? And that if i just walk right through i will miss critical clue to solve this.

How about you all do you want to contemplate and think about this house and what it could mean for you when you play the game finally? Please try and post as it very interesting and I think the developer will like it that we are seriously thinking about the game and that house!

Other things i am concern was that did they abducted any children and parents? Are any of them on this planet too? Because if they are that means they need to be found very quickly! They could be in danger!
Last edited by HollyBluebird on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
HollyBluebird

Re: Why are you Super excited with Obduction?

Postby HollyBluebird » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:31 am

I just read, curious structures that beg questions rather than provide answers. And adding to the curiosity, you stumble upon a strange, kluged kiosk that reassuredly welcomes you to “Hunrath”.

So that means we can't discover what is in that house or why its there? Why is it staring you in the face then if we cannot search for clues inside it or near it? Any thoughts with out adding spoiler if anyone knows?

I found out you can get into the house so who says its just there as curiosity with out answers! :) So I hope you can explore every inch of the house just like you would in Myst.

There is a teddy bear like a Koala near the windows so that confirms that this place was a family home? But its from the mid west so why does it look like Koala?

The electricity of some of the lights are on too so why is it doing that? Where is the power coming from if the house was from the midwest?

These are farmhouses but still there are alot of strange things about it that does not really make it a real farmhouse! I got the warn the dev before they release the game! If these are real farmhouses then there is something wrong with the plants!

Just typing this out got me so hooked that even TV is boring and all I can think about is that House!
HollyBluebird

Postby tommyap » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Someone paid a lot of money for that teddybear.
Whomever it was, thanks. :P
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby Tai'lahr » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:40 am

HollyBluebird wrote:There is a teddy bear like a Koala near the windows so that confirms that this place was a family home? But its from the mid west so why does it look like Koala?

Stuffed koala bears were popular in the eighties, so it's not really a regional thing.
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby HollyBluebird » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:59 pm

tommyap wrote:Someone paid a lot of money for that teddybear.

Then it can't be an abducted house but a setup a house? :)

Tai'lahr wrote:Stuffed koala bears were popular in the eighties, so it's not really a regional thing.

But why would the midwest like Australian Koalas?
HollyBluebird

Postby Magic88889 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:40 am

Hey I loved polar bears growing up and live nowhere near the Arctic!

Trends are weird sometimes. They come and go, and make some kind of sense at the time, but later rarely hold up in the light of logical thinking.

...and I think I actually have a stuffed Koala bear somewhere. Don't live anywhere near Australia either.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby HollyBluebird » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:51 am

Could there be a bear in Obudction? :) If you ever do see a Polar bear in real life do not believe that they will come hunting you down its not true. But you do need to keep your distant because they are wild and aggressive! Have you watched the David Attenbrough series there are polar bears in that.
HollyBluebird

Postby Tai'lahr » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:15 am

HollyBluebird wrote:
tommyap wrote:Someone paid a lot of money for that teddybear.
Then it can't be an abducted house but a setup a house? :)

I'm not sure what gives you that impression. I believe tommyap was suggesting that the koala bear might be one of the items provided by Kickstarter donors who were given that reward at a certain level.

HollyBluebird wrote:
Tai'lahr wrote:Stuffed koala bears were popular in the eighties, so it's not really a regional thing.

The answer to your question is in my comment that you quoted. Perhaps I should have used the word "trendy."
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby Tomala » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:31 pm

HollyBluebird wrote:But why would the midwest like Australian Koalas?

Why not? :P
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I found other games to play.
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby HollyBluebird » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:51 pm

HollyBluebird wrote:

The answer to your question is in my comment that you quoted. Perhaps I should have used the word "trendy."[/quote]

But why would Koala be a popular trend in america at the time? Was it some where in the 80s?

Tomala wrote:Why not?

I love the Koala bear too but just did not know it will have Australian themes in it and is there anything else like this around in the game?
HollyBluebird

Postby tommyap » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:22 pm

It could be that the popularity of koala bears coincides with the Australian TV series Skippy the Bush Kangaroo in the late sixties.
I am certain it did not start in the eighties because my youngest brother born in 1966 had a plush koala.
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)