Release Date?

Release Date?

Postby Leathersoup » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi, I'm seeing differing dates for release. In the developer blog from March 4th, June is mentioned. Do we have anything more specific than that?
Leathersoup

Re: Release Date?

Postby Tomala » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:17 pm

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I found other games to play.
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby Leathersoup » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Thanks. I guess I'll have to find some patience medication. :)
Leathersoup

Postby Jahmen Myst » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:53 am

Okay, so Obduction will be launching July 26, 2016 for $29.99 in stores on PC, Mac, & Oculus, etc. . . and available for download from Steam, GOG.com, Mac App Store, etc. . .
Go do crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here!
Jahmen Myst

Postby Altairien » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:00 am

Jahmen Myst wrote:Okay, so Obduction will be launching July 26, 2016 for $29.99 in stores on PC, Mac, & Oculus, etc. . . and available for download from Steam, GOG.com, Mac App Store, etc. . .

I just wanted to clarify that if by "in stores" you mean actual physical stores, then no, there are no current announced plans to sell physical copies of Obduction in stores. It is digital download only (except for backers at the $75 level and higher who will get a "special boxed edition").

FAQ link
Question
Will Obduction be distributed digitally or will I be able to buy a physical disc?
Answer
Currently our plans are that Obduction will only be distributed digitally, with the exception of the boxed copies that are offered via PayPal and Kickstarter.

PRWeb link
Obduction will be available on Steam, GOG.com, Humble Store, Mac App Store, and the Oculus Store on July 26, 2016 for $29.99.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby HollyBluebird » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:18 pm

Its very close! :) And it be in the stores ready to download! :)
HollyBluebird

Postby Twitch » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Do we know the release TIME? I want to get it the moment it's available, with a good night's sleep beforehand so I can dive in
Twitch

Postby Altairien » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:03 am

I don't know about other digital distribution sources, but Steam's normal release time is 10AM Pacific Time (US & Canada) which right now is UTC-07:00 due to Daylight Savings Time.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby belford » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:17 am

That's not required, though. A developer can push the release button at any time during Pacific business hours.
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby pat_trick » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:49 am

Backers just got a kickstarter message that the game is now delayed until August 22nd.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
pat_trick
Obduction Backer

Postby ChiliBean » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:03 am

Yes. Rcv'd the e-mail titled "Obduction Update". It was about 1800 UTC today. I don't mind the delay at all. I loved the Myst series and happy they are back making this new game. Same for Dreamfall Chapters. Also had delays but happy they came back and made the game. Patiently waiting for Syberia 3 in Dec 1st. Need more of these amazing story type games.

News came out today the 20th. For those who haven't played "Life is Strange". Episode 1 is going to be free indefinitely starting tomorrow July 21st. You can download it from Steam.
ChiliBean

Postby Chessrook44 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:09 pm

I'm actually a little annoyed.... not by the delay, but by the fact I actually didn't hear anything about it. I put in the donation shortly after the kickstarter ended, and was under the impression it was the equivalent of backers... and I don't even have access to that forum either, just never threw a fuss about it.

Mainly I'm just bothered that even though I did that, I wouldn't have known about the delay were it not for a friend telling me about it two days ago.
Chessrook44

Postby pat_trick » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Chessrook44 wrote:I'm actually a little annoyed.... not by the delay, but by the fact I actually didn't hear anything about it. I put in the donation shortly after the kickstarter ended, and was under the impression it was the equivalent of backers... and I don't even have access to that forum either, just never threw a fuss about it.

Mainly I'm just bothered that even though I did that, I wouldn't have known about the delay were it not for a friend telling me about it two days ago.

You can contact Cyan to get that resolved.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
pat_trick
Obduction Backer

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)