Question about OBDUCTION

Question about OBDUCTION

Postby Toki » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Preface:
I have sent similar contents by an E-mail to webmaster.
Please allow that I repeat here and ask you a question.

(I'm sorry if here is not an appropriate place. :oops: )
Hello, I am Japanese Myst fan.
I'm sorry. I am not good at English. It may be hard to understand my sentence to you.

This time I knew OBDUCTION, and I intended to send a donation at once.
However, at all unfortunately I do not accept the remittance of the donation from Japan in PayPal.
Therefore, I want to remit in a different procedure.
May I carry it out like that?

With the different procedure, for example:
Mac_Fife wrote:If players are finding problems making donations for MOULagain using the "Donate" button, they can try this method instead, if they have a PayPal account:

Click 'Send Money' near the top of the page.
Enter the email address [email protected] and the amount and currency of the donation.
Choose the option that describes why you're sending money - You should be able to select 'Personal' tab and 'Gift'. Alternatively, select the "Purchase" tab and "Services". Either should work.
Click 'Continue'.
Check the payment details. To change any information, click the ‘change’ link in the relevant section.
There is no need to enter any postage information but you can add a message if you wish, such as your avatar name or MOULa account username. You only need to do this if you want Cyan to know who the donation is from.
Click 'Send Money' to complete the payment.

The instructions are for English language PayPal websites, so you might need to adjust what I've written to match what people will see on their screens in Japan.

Yours sincerely,
Toki :)
Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205
Toki
Obduction Backer

Re: Question about OBDUCTION

Postby Mac_Fife » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:15 pm

What happens with "Obduction" is quite different to funding MOULa. Although there is a PayPal option for Obduction, the preferred method is to create an account with Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/signup?ref=nav) and pledge your backing of the project. It's different because you don't actually pay until the end of the campaign (November 16) and then only if the funding target has been reached.

What I have no idea about is how easy it is to use Kickstarter from Japan - the same money transfer laws that affect PayPal might affect Kickstarter.

If you still want to use PayPal, I don't think you can use the [email protected] email address (I expect that is only for MOULa), but I can try to find out what address you can send money to via PayPal for Obduction.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby janaba1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi, Toki, Cyan has prepared a special comfortable Paypal Obduction page ... Just go there, choose your desired tier and rewards and then you're directly linked to your Paypal login ... :D
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby Toki » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi, Mac_Fife and janaba!! :)
Thank you very much for replying.
And thank you for explaining it to me clearly.

I was going to enroll in Kickstarter, but do not have an account of amazon.com. :?
Therefore, I cannot participate in each backers. :(
However, by the method that Mac_Fife taught, I seemed to be able to register only the name. ;)
Thank you very much, Mac!! :)

:arrow: janaba
Thank you janaba :)
janaba1 wrote:Hi, Toki, Cyan has prepared a special comfortable Paypal Obduction page ... Just go there, choose your desired tier and rewards and then you're directly linked to your Paypal login ... :D

By the remittance method that had you introduce me here, PayPal does not accept it.
In PayPal, the contribution payment from a buyer of JP is not supported now. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Though you tell me with much effort, I'm sorry.
:shock: :| :( :cry:
Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205
Toki
Obduction Backer

Postby WeldFord » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:26 am

I believe you can create an amazon.com account (you just need to have a valid credit card)

I'm from France and I created one with no problem ;)
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:59 am

I'm sorry to hear that, Toki, I'd never expect Paypal to not be available anywhere, it is a bank after all and Japan should be good to capatalize interesting profits, or Japan is rejecting the Paypal service, but, oh well, it is as it is for now ... :P

I just looked into my MOULa donations from last year through Paypal and had a completely different email, Mac,
[Reveal] Spoiler:
klammer at cyan.com

but maybe it'd be better if anyone at Cyan would provide the actual address here or per PM to Toki and anyone requiring it ... WeldFord's suggestion, of course, would be the most easy and convenient way ... :D
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:35 am

janaba1 wrote:
I just looked into my MOULa donations from last year through Paypal and had a completely different email, Mac,
[Reveal] Spoiler:
klammer at cyan.com

Yes, my donations to MOULa also show the email address you quote, Janaba.
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Toki » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:10 am

Thank you for tell me kindly, everybody.

WeldFord wrote:I believe you can create an amazon.com account (you just need to have a valid credit card)

I'm from France and I created one with no problem ;)

janaba1 wrote:but maybe it'd be better if anyone at Cyan would provide the actual address here or per PM to Toki and anyone requiring it ... WeldFord's suggestion, of course, would be the most easy and convenient way ... :D

I created an account of amazon.com. ;) ;) ;)
Thanks to you, I was able to join it. :D
Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205
Toki
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm glad you got it sorted out Toki :)

janaba1 wrote:I just looked into my MOULa donations from last year through Paypal and had a completely different email, Mac,
Yes, that's the email of the person who was originally designated as the "Donations Coordinator", so it still shows on the replies for the account, even though that person no longer works at Cyan.

The problem we found was that a Japanese law on transferring money out of the country prohibits sending "donations" overseas, hence PayPal in Japan does not provide a service for that. However, I found that you can send money on a personal basis or to buy goods or services (go figure what difference it makes), but in those cases you need to state who the recipient will be and can't use the "Donate" button, so I worked with Cyan to figure out how we could make it work. Cyan offered three email addresses for this purpose (including the one janaba1 mentioned), all pooling into the same donation fund but we all felt the one that Toki quoted was the one that most obviously declared that MOULa was the intended recipient (and it didn't expose the email address of any individual). So, that's the backstory on that particular little oddity.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Toki » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:39 am

Thank you very much, Mac! :D

Mac_Fife wrote:The problem we found was that a Japanese law on transferring money out of the country prohibits sending "donations " overseas , hence PayPal in Japan does not provide a service for that .

Yes! I wanted to explain this, but did not seem to be able to tell it to you well because I was poor at English. Sorry. :oops:

Mac_Fife wrote:However , I found that you can send money on a personal basis or to buy goods or services ( go figure what difference it makes ) , but in those cases you need to state who the recipient will be and ca n't use the "Donate " button , so I worked with Cyan to figure out how we could make it work .

Thank you very much for a Japanese fan.
We pray for success of OBDUCTION heartily. Please accept very best wishes. :)

Yours sincerely,
Toki
Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205
Toki
Obduction Backer

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)