Stuck in the end of Maray

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Stuck in the end of Maray

Postby joaopedro » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:57 pm

OK, I'll assume that, if you're reading this, you've already made it to the VERY END of Maray (forest world)

I'm completely STUCK at the panel that creates the bridge to the tree; I can only get 4 of the blocks to show up. I'm not sure I understand what is the deal with the non-standard lines I can't erase in this panel. I've read Cyan's "walkthrough" that came with the game, but they just assume that, if I got this far, I'll be able to do it.

Any help?
joaopedro
Obduction Backer

Re: Stuck in the end of Maray

Postby joaopedro » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:39 pm

Nevermind, I seem to have figured it out. Still not sure if that was a bug or not. Can anyone check if this is the correct procedure?

[Reveal] Spoiler:
You must treat the panel as 4 individual digits, and set each to 3. Then the hard-coded lines disappear and you can enter the proper solution
joaopedro
Obduction Backer

Postby Twitch » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:21 pm

[Reveal] Spoiler:
In my experience, all of those bridges worked the same way: each section of bridge corresponded to one significant digit, and could either be 0 (gone), 1 (just the skeleton), 2 (walkable), or 3 (walkable with some extra decoration) so the solution to every one of those bridges was to just set the panel to all twos or threes

As far as deleting lines, it seems that it's very finicky about when it lets you do it. I always just delete lines by setting that digit to a + symbol, which makes it reset to 0 when you hit the button.
Twitch

Postby joaopedro » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:48 am

I may have ran into a bug, then. This was the state of that panel when I first found it:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Notice how the lines connect at the edges in a way they shouldn't. Sliding between the dots didn't erase them either.
joaopedro
Obduction Backer

Postby Twitch » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:51 pm

No, thats how it was for me too.
Twitch

Postby Nalates » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:31 pm

Making lines is easy and consistent. Breaking lines is inconsistent and somewhat frustrating. But, it can be done.
Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image
Nalates

Postby Mac_Fife » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:24 am

I don't think this is a bug but a new number form that we haven't come across up to this point, but I could be wrong. As the area has had "damage" from a battle it didn't really surprise me that this bridge behaved differently.

But those "glob-o-tron" control panels really frustrate me. I need to get really close to be able to use them in any reasonable way. :evil:
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Tahgtahv » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:42 am

It's somewhat easy to see how it could be extended to more digits, but still doesn't explain why you need a 4 in the middle, which should theoretically be impossible. I can only assume it's intended for whatever reason, as I can't imagine how it'd be possible to screw up a cookie cutter control panel like that otherwise.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:11 am

A single digit 4 is impossible in base4. It would be 10 in base4.

Anyway, I had that bugged panel as well at first. Coincidentally I took a break right at that point and I noticed when I reloaded my game that the panel was presented to me the second time without the erroneous connections. Therefore, I must conclude it's not intended and is a bug. I haven't gotten to that point again recently with the updated version of the game.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby belford » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:23 pm

I'm pretty sure it *is* intended and the bug is that your game reloaded wrong.
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:36 pm

belford wrote:I'm pretty sure it *is* intended and the bug is that your game reloaded wrong.

That is a possibility. I have to see if anything's changed on my next play through.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Annabelle » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:53 am

Mac_Fife wrote:But those "glob-o-tron" control panels really frustrate me. I need to get really close to be able to use them in any reasonable way. :evil:

Me too! If it doesn't work from let's say the upper right corner, I have to try from the lower left corner and usually it works or by getting closer to the Villein device, it works well.

As for the last bridge, by experience, I've played 4 times so far, it must be built starting with the far-most section first. No matter how hard you try to build that bridge, if you fail creating that last section, you won't be able to complete the whole bridge.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
So basically, you must enter a "Cross (X)" in the middle of the panel. There's only a small branch to add because the "Cross (X)" is mostly already there... (sorry I don't understand the Villein's numeral system at all so I have no idea what I've doing but it works all the time, it's just my eternal luck here. :lol: )
Do the "Cross (X)" twice, firstly to set the black framework of the far-most section then secondly to create the far-most blue bridge section. Then, you go on with the remaining of the bridge (90% of it in fact).
Annabelle 47907 - New avatar
Annabelle

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS