[SPOLIERS] Extra Game Files

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

[SPOLIERS] Extra Game Files

Postby Floydman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:57 pm

Has anyone else noticed that there are two videos in the game files that don't seem to be used?

[Reveal] Spoiler:
They are both HD 3D videos of Farley giving her endgame speeches, but without a Southern accent.
Floydman
Obduction Backer

Re: [SPOLIERS] Extra Game Files

Postby Tahgtahv » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:07 pm

Which files in particular? Not really sure where either the stereoscopic files, or the small ones would be for.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Tahgtahv wrote:Which files in particular? Not really sure where either the stereoscopic files, or the small ones would be for.

VR?
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Floydman » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:04 pm

The stereoscopic files would be used in VR, but you don't actually see Farley in person, just on the TV screen, so they're not needed. And what happened to her accent? Did they use a voiceover artist?
Floydman
Obduction Backer

Postby Tahgtahv » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:32 am

I'm not sure how much of a accent Caroline Fowler (the actress) has. As with Patrick and Robyn, they're all local people from the community. Also, speaking of the game files, has anyone else noticed you can hear the director giving Robyn acting cues near the end of his final clips? I took note to see if they were actually audible in game, and they aren't so it appears his movie file is muted while Caroline is talking.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Floydman » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:23 am

Tahgtahv wrote:I'm not sure how much of a accent Caroline Fowler (the actress) has. As with Patrick and Robyn, they're all local people from the community. Also, speaking of the game files, has anyone else noticed you can hear the director giving Robyn acting cues near the end of his final clips? I took note to see if they were actually audible in game, and they aren't so it appears his movie file is muted while Caroline is talking.

I'm not surprised she doesn't have a native Southern accent, but I'm surprised there's footage of her without an accent in the game files. It makes me wonder whether they dubbed over her later or if she originally was planned to not have an accent?
Floydman
Obduction Backer

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS