Helping C.W. with the Battery

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Helping C.W. with the Battery

Postby gchaser » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:36 pm

What more does C.W. want from me???? I've "connected" the only battery component that I can find, and don't see any
way to interact with that one cable that's draped over the railing. Yet he still keeps asking me to "connect" his battery... :roll:
gchaser
Obduction Backer

Re: Helping C.W. with the Battery

Postby belford » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:04 pm

I think C.W. can't tell from inside the vault whether it's connected or not.
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby BrettM » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:56 pm

Except I think CW complains near the end that he had to connect the cable himself, regardless of whether you connected the bit in the chamber or not. I think he's clearly referring to the end of the cable draped over the rail, which ends up connected to a cable running along the tracks. The problem is that the cable running along the tracks does not exist until after CW connects it, so we are doomed to suffer his snark about our lack of cooperation despite being physically unable to comply with his request.

It seems a bit unfair that we have to put up with nagging and insults from an NPC over something that the game does not permit us to do, but perhaps it was designed that way on purpose to help weaken any trust we might be feeling for CW. Still, I'd rather take crap for something that I did or did not do in-character rather than for reasons external to the game universe over which my character has no control.
*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
BrettM

Postby Tahgtahv » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:17 am

He nags you about it continously, that's for sure. I don't believe the bit of dialog where he says he has to connect it himself plays if you've already connected it, but I'd have to go back and double check to be sure. Aside from that, him nagging you that it should be connected is a pretty sure sign that it shouldn't be.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:38 am

gchaser, C.W. only asks you to connect the end of the cable to his battery. That's it. He didn't ask you to do anything with the other end and he hasn't been outside of his vault at this point to see that you've done the work. It's okay. Just move on and let him remind you about work you've already done if he wants to. He'll get around to seeing that it's connected later.

For others, I think belford's response to the OP was perfect. Any additional information would be spoilerific in a way that I know would've frustrated me if I had been told it before I discovered it on my own.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
It's obvious the OP hasn't finished the game or even progressed far enough to have attained that additional bit of information about the battery and the cable that comes later. It was a big thing to me when I noticed the changes to Hunrath each time I returned. This is a sensitive area since it has an impact on the game.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby gchaser » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:25 am

Thank you everyone! I'll move on now and go to the "other worlds" and look for the Tree roots he wants me to
connect as well!

Love this game!!!!
gchaser
Obduction Backer

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS