Kaptar power machine - mouse locks up

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Kaptar power machine - mouse locks up

Postby NikiMay » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:01 am

Help, please.
I can't connect the piston arms on the Kaptar power machine. The device only moves to the top right one, and when I select the handle to move to one of the others, the cursor won't move. Am I doing something wrong, or is the game not working properly?
NikiMay
NikiMay

Re: Kaptar power machine - mouse locks up

Postby Susa'n » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:40 am

I don't know what's causing your problem. Did you try lowering the graphics settings or adjusting the mouse's sensitivity?
Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)
Susa'n

Postby Altairien » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:48 am

So when you click on it you do not get 3 small arrows pointing left, down-left, and down?
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Mystdee » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:31 am

The arrows will only be there if hints/guides are turned on. I have noticed this problem a few times and I think it's a matter of the hotspots being very specific and I have found that just trying again until it hits the right spot works for me. . .
Mystdee
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:44 am

Mystdee wrote:The arrows will only be there if hints/guides are turned on.

You mean Interaction Guides? Because I have Hint Glints turned off. Isn't Interaction Guides turned on by default? I don't recall turning it on.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Mystdee » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:23 am

Altairien wrote:

You mean Interaction Guides? Because I have Hint Glints turned off. Isn't Interaction Guides turned on by default? I don't recall turning it on.

I play with all turned off, there are no arrows that way.
Mystdee
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:45 am

Mystdee wrote:
Altairien wrote:

I play with all turned off, there are no arrows that way.

To be honest, I didn't even realize until your post that the Interaction Guides were the arrows or that they could be turned off. Not that they're spoilers in any way like Hint Glints would be (even though I've finished the game, I still haven't turned Hint Glints on so I have no idea what they even look like). The arrows are simply replacing what I'd feel if I were handling the hardware in real life. For example, a wheel giving way (you'd feel that movement in real life) allowing me to rotate it left (left arrow) or the inability (feel the resistance) to rotate it right (no right arrow).

Anyway, the reason I asked that of the OP is that if the arrows are enabled and they don't show up when the handle is clicked, it would indicate the likelihood that the mouse input was in fact seized up at that point. On the other hand, if the arrows do show up and the OP still couldn't move it, then that may be an entirely different issue possibly not related to the mouse at all.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby NikiMay » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:07 pm

Altairien wrote:
Mystdee wrote:

Anyway, the reason I asked that of the OP is that if the arrows are enabled and they don't show up when the handle is clicked, it would indicate the likelihood that the mouse input was in fact seized up at that point. On the other hand, if the arrows do show up and the OP still couldn't move it, then that may be an entirely different issue possibly not related to the mouse at all.

I have interactive guides turned on. The arrows appear but the cursor doesn't move. Things work fine everywhere else, except when I move to a different age the game hangs for quite a long time.
NikiMay
NikiMay

Postby NikiMay » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:26 pm

Susa'n wrote: Did you try lowering the graphics settings or adjusting the mouse's sensitivity?

Many thanks, Susa'n. I lowered the graphics settings, resolution and mouse sensitivity and it worked.
NikiMay
NikiMay

Postby Susa'n » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:18 pm

NikiMay wrote:
Susa'n wrote: Did you try lowering the graphics settings or adjusting the mouse's sensitivity?

Many thanks, Susa'n. I lowered the graphics settings, resolution and mouse sensitivity and it worked.
Fantastic! Enjoy the rest of your journey. :D
Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)
Susa'n

Postby Teknobubba » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:14 pm

I have the same issue and tried the above solutions, but the cursor still only moves the one way, not the one to the left or down. I tried moving around to find another hot spot, but it is very specific...and annoying. Ideas?

Have since reworked the puzzle with graphics way down and been in the near vicinity of the button and it worked. sort of. Way beyond that point in game now, and have other issues: fatal error, probably caused by a too hot GPU during spots in game with a lot of brownian motion.
Last edited by Teknobubba on Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you shop, insist on free range corn dogs
Teknobubba
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:33 pm

I've noticed that I must click the mouse on the area where the arrows all meet up which is not at the top of the handle. If I click near the top of the handle, the arrows will show up, but it won't move.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Raj166 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:29 am

I'm also having problems at this point: I've connected the two left-hand bits,and the machne is turning, but can't do the the two on the right!
I can see all the arrows but I don't seem to be able to move the lever to use the ones pointing right or down. Any suggestions, please?
I've walked around this machine and there is another lever which will not move (from the left). Not sure what I need to do there.... :?:
Raj166

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS