I locked myself out?

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

I locked myself out?

Postby torspace » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:54 am

hello,

i need help in the game.

my problem is .. the bridghe is not accessable ant the passage is closed by myself :-/
i have forgotten to activate the tree in the mofang world - no connection from the hunrath-three.
I've been running around for over an hour to find a other way. i can not find another way ...

look at the pics ...

Greetings

torspace

Re: I locked myself out?

Postby Altairien » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:19 am

Hopefully I'm seeing this correctly, but I think if you use the control pedestal shown in your second picture you should be able to take it from there.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Tahgtahv » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:45 am

Nope, you're stuck. Supposedly Cyan is working on a fix, but I haven't heard anything official about it.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:43 am

Tahgtahv wrote:Nope, you're stuck. Supposedly Cyan is working on a fix, but I haven't heard anything official about it.

Obviously I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing. Isn't that the rotating room or is it some place else?
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Tahgtahv » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:04 am

It is, but out of the 4 inner spheres that can end up in that location, that one does not allow passage. Turning the outer sphere is no help since it only has the angled opening on one side.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:38 am

So the dome in the second picture contains the entire Hunrath cavern section (large plus 2 small with it) and none of the Maray sections? I want to see if I can recreate that situation.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Tahgtahv » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:58 am

It contains at least one small from Hunrath, yes. As there's no opening in the outer shell on the other side, the other sphere doesn't matter.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:48 pm

Yep, it's not hard to get your game borked at this point. It's a corner case in the flow of the game that can catch you out.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby belford » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:22 pm

What is the irreversible move that gets you trapped here? Is it taking the pod-track ride?
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby Tahgtahv » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:29 pm

Yes, pretty much. People exit on that, and leave things in such a state as to not be able to return. This requires (and how it's as common as it is I've yet to figure out): [The bridge not extended OR the maze unsolved], AND [the triplet of spheres in the state presented here], AND [the river door not unlocked OR (the bridge turned AND Soria not complete)]

Reworking the puzzle or abitrarily restricting the spheres seems awkward at best, and posssibly makes it more of a logic nightmare. The simplest solution IMO would be to carve out some portion of the sphere to make it passible. It seems to be nearly so already at least visually. Of course this may require tweaking the whole cave section in Hunrath to make it still look natural, but still possibly the best way.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:52 pm

I agree one way to resolve it would be to create an additional pathway directly opposite the one already there.

However, I think a simpler, quicker way to prevent this from happening in the first place is to remove the seed swap machines from the larger Maray/Hunrath sections. Just make them non-swappable. I completed that entire puzzle activating all 4 bridges without swapping the larger sections at all so I'm rather confused as to why they're swappable in the first place. Even more confused now since it can lead to a broken game.

Regardless, an interesting edge case. I've been able to recreate it, but it took some effort.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Susa'n » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:54 pm

torspace wrote:hello,

i need help in the game.

my problem is .. the bridghe is not accessable ant the passage is closed by myself :-/
i have forgotten to activate the tree in the mofang world - no connection from the hunrath-three.
I've been running around for over an hour to find a other way. i can not find another way ...

look at the pics ...

Greetings

The blue bridge to the left of the 3-seed building (which is blocked in your game) leads back to the rotating maze puzzle. Take the elevator down to the seed sphere and swap to Hunrath mine. Then exit the cave through the door by the river and enter the cave entrance to Soria seed swap machine. Then connect the Soria tree.

Before you leave Maray, you can also walk from rotating maze puzzle to the other entrance to the 3-seed machine room (whose other entrance in blocked in your game). You should be able to unblock the other path by doing two seed swaps with Hunrath using two different seed devices.

Let us know if this works!
Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)
CT Hostess Susa'n KI#9122427 (member Cavern Tour's Hood)
Susa'n

Postby Tahgtahv » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:27 am

This doesn't work. As you pointed out, that bridge leading back the maze isn't extended, so there's no path to get to where you describe.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby torspace » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:35 am

thanks for answer ...

i have started a new game .. hmmm
and now .. i have found a new bug .. ahhhh ... (new Thread)
torspace

Postby Teknobubba » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:40 pm

Well, since I am just now at the three seed machine sphere with the one on the side...this is disconcerting. I've got all four bridges done, but can not get the lone dome to open up to anything other than Maray or a locked door. I guess if I can get to the point you are all talking about, I'll be stuck, too. Good thing I'm stuck. Of course, a hint might get me somewhere if somebody wants to volunteer one. Then I can be locked out as well. Anyone? ;)
When you shop, insist on free range corn dogs
Teknobubba
Obduction Backer

Next

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS