Spoiler 2nd Kaptar lift

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Spoiler 2nd Kaptar lift

Postby arw2010 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:45 am

I need to go use the 2nd lift to progress in the kaptar area but its stuck in the down position? I'm up top near the big fans.
I must have been down there before but I forgot how I got out again. The shortcut door is closed and there is only the stone shape in Hunrath.
Any idea how to raise the lift again so I can go down? I need to get to the tree.
arw2010

Re: Spoiler 2nd Kaptar lift

Postby Altairien » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:24 pm

I never found a way to raise either lift from up top. I believe you'll need to go back down another way.

There are a couple of doors down there. One takes you out into the main gear/machinery area where the tree is. Did you perhaps exit through that door and forget how to get back? Or is that what you mean by the "shortcut door is closed"? Do you recall rotating the wooden half-dome in Hunrath and traveling back to Kaptar with it?

My guess as to what you did is: You took the wooden half-dome to Hunrath, rotated it to access the opposite raised corridor, took the half-dome back to Kaptar and unlocked the door you found up there. You then exited through that door into the main area (machinery/tree), crossed over and took the path that goes past the giant skeleton, used the membrane to go to the other side of the Kaptar sphere, found the seed device that takes you to Farley's room and took that back to Hunrath. Then leaving the Farley's room seed device in Hunrath, you took the Kaptar seed device near the scrap yard back to Kaptar. This sequence is the only way I can think of that would result in what you're seeing.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Susa'n » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:03 pm

You don't need the elevator again because you lowered the ladder. Go back to Hunrath. Swap the rotating sphere from Hunrath to Kaptar and use it to unlock both doors (the door from the sphere to the temple and the door from the Arai hive to the sphere). You'll need the wooden sphere to unlock the hive door but either sphere (wooden or Kaptarian stone) will suffice to unlock the temple door.
Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)
CT Hostess Susa'n KI#9122427 (member Cavern Tour's Hood)
Susa'n

Postby Tahgtahv » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:38 pm

arw said the stone shape is in Hunrath. If that is indeed the case, the elevator is down, and the shortcut door is closed and locked, then your game is in an invalid state.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby arw2010 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:23 pm

I dont remeber rotating anything. Must have warped out by a bug or somthing. I never saw the tree. Not up close anyway. Someone tells me to cut power and that will raise the lift. Nope, not for me.
I put a support ticket in a while ago. As you say an invalid situation. I cant rotate anything in hunrath as its just the stone there no seed. The only door I can find is locked from the other side.
My game is complete apart from this.
arw2010

Postby Mac_Fife » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:54 am

It sounds like you're in a situation very like how Kaptar is when you first go there. So simply follow the path you originally took. And consider any advice about cutting power in a very selective manner.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby arw2010 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:55 am

Interesting...
I assumed the lift was found at the top first. I know the first lift you find is.
arw2010

Postby Altairien » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:55 am

arw2010 wrote:Interesting...
I assumed the lift was found at the top first. I know the first lift you find is.

Both lifts are found at the top first. I just verified this with a saved game where I haven't done anything with Kaptar yet.

I'm not sure you're in an invalid situation, but honestly it's hard to say without seeing the state of everything in game.

I'm assuming the ladder near the Russian machine is down. That would mean you've already been to the other side of Kaptar (via the membrane) and used the trolley system from that side to travel back and access that upper catwalk. Then, after you lowered the ladder, you should've taken the lift down to where you find the wooden half-dome (I'll call it the dome room). From there, I'm not sure.

There are initially only 2 ways out of the dome room. One is obviously to take the lift back up. If you used that lift and later the game erroneously set the lift back down at the dome room, then that's an invalid state. If you made no changes down in the dome room (didn't unlock a door), you'll be unable to finish the game.

The other way to initially exit the dome room is to swap the wooden half dome to Hunrath using the seed device, spin the wooden dome 180 degrees using the bike/train wheel apparatus below it, return to Kaptar with the wooden half-dome, and then unlock the door you now have access to. If that's the "shortcut door" you say is still locked, then I have no idea how you got back upstairs unless the game erroneously set that door back to locked after you exited the area. You'll be unable to finish the game in that case as well.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS