Did you find this in Farley's house?

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Did you find this in Farley's house?

Postby Erik » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:04 am

After having finished the game myself, I'm now sometimes watching my sister go through the game and she actually found a few things I didn't! (fortunately there are also still lots of things she doesn't notice :lol: ).

For instance, did you try to eject the tape in the casette deck in Farley's house? If you eject it, and play the other side of the tape, you get a different speech: the intro speech.

Also, it was only after finishing the game that I found out that the projector in Farley's house actually contained two slides and that the second slide contained the Villein number grid to layer on top of the "15". :oops:
Erik
Obduction Backer

Re: Did you find this in Farley's house?

Postby Bryan B » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:54 am

I found both of those. Only because I obsessively searched every inch of the house, even finding the
[Reveal] Spoiler:
passageway behind the door.

Finding that the tape ejected was one of my favorite findings as I have a love of tape cassettes.

I wished I could get upstairs in that house and other buildings, but never found a way up (the stairs must have been outside of the sphere).

Did anyone figure out if the 2 sets of cards laid out had any answers hidden in them? I never found anything myself, but they made it in my notes from playing.
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Postby Tahgtahv » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Well, Finding what you've spoilered isn't particularly difficult to find.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Of course getting there is a different story.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Bryan B » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:36 am

I just learned how to tag spoilers, and it is kind of fun. I am probably over-using that feature.
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Postby Floydman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:34 am

Have you guys looked closely at the drawings on the desk in Farley's house? There are some gems there: http://imgur.com/a/Duvkt

Admittedly, I had to use a noclip script to get these shots.
Floydman
Obduction Backer

Postby Annabelle » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:49 pm

For the kid drawings, I always thought it was a "Kids' Day @ Cyan" where Cyan Employees brought their kids with them and ask them as an activity to draw all kind of monsters.

For the hidden passageway, well... you get tricked once (in Riven) then you are trained to always look behind an open door. ;)
Annabelle 47907 - New avatar
Annabelle

Postby Bryan B » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:53 am

On a less than epic setting I couldn't see these drawings very well, thanks for sharing the pics!
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Postby Floydman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:04 am

Bryan B wrote:On a less than epic setting I couldn't see these drawings very well, thanks for sharing the pics!

I'm going through the game anew on my husband's computer since he's caught up in the new Destiny expansion. With everything maxed out, it's a totally different game. Objects have changed color, and writing is readable where it wasn't before:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
"Vote for Josef" posters in the Tower, for example.
Floydman
Obduction Backer

Postby Marck » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:50 am

Floydman wrote:Objects have changed color, and writing is readable where it wasn't before:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
"Vote for Josef" posters in the Tower, for example.

That is weird. I played with setting "low" on textures (my graphics card has only 1 GB of video memory) and I could read those writings just fine. However, in that same place, I could not read
[Reveal] Spoiler:
the writing "Roscoe" on the compass piece which lies on the mayor's desk
because it was too blurry.
KI# 48956 - Bartle Test: ESAK (87/53/47/13)
Marck
Obduction Backer

Postby Erik » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:58 pm

Erik wrote:For instance, did you try to eject the tape in the casette deck in Farley's house? If you eject it, and play the other side of the tape, you get a different speech: the intro speech.

I thought it was just the intro speech and nothing more but now I found out that after Farley's monologue, there's more to hear! :lol: The others tell their stories as well (in short). You can even hear Rand!
Erik
Obduction Backer

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS