needing a lift on the lift

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

needing a lift on the lift

Postby jermone » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm at the base of a tower at the end of the river gateway overwalk. To power the lift it looks like I need to enter a 6-digit code on a dial/readout unit The only thing I've looked at so far is the license plates on the garage wall. If anyone is working on this I'd appreciate a nudge, no spoilers, please. Many thanks.
jermone

Re: needing a lift on the lift

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:07 pm

This is a low level clue BUT could still be considered a Spoiler

[Reveal] Spoiler:
remember the 2 clues - the Phone Booth and License Plates
Wamduskasapa
Obduction Backer

Postby jermone » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:33 pm

Thanks. I'll rethink phone booths, in case there are some more out there. The other thing about the 6-digit input is that it has different groupings from one try to another. Anyway, this is great fun. I've done the MYST series several times, along with the URU series and URU Live. Never obsessive, but always compelling.
jermone

Postby jermone » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:17 pm

Got it! Thanks. A bit of brute force, but going to the phone booth outside the garage made the basic idea click.
jermone

Postby Annabelle » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:58 pm

For some folks, just remembering our childhood (or adulthood for others...) is enough to decipher that puzzle. I bet some Y & Millenials must have gone crazy on that one ;) :lol:
Annabelle 47907 - New avatar
Annabelle

Postby Floydman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:09 pm

Annabelle wrote:For some folks, just remembering our childhood (or adulthood for others...) is enough to decipher that puzzle. I bet some Y & Millenials must have gone crazy on that one ;) :lol:

Not too fast!

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Even cell phones include letters for each number. And texting just a few years ago was done by pressing one number multiple times to get the letter you wanted. :lol:
Floydman
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:55 pm

Floydman wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Even cell phones include letters for each number. And texting just a few years ago was done by pressing one number multiple times to get the letter you wanted. :lol:
I still send text messages like that as I refuse to own a "smart" 'phone! :lol:

It's funny but the purpose of the broken phone booth didn't register until I read this thread... When it came to solving that particular bit of the puzzle!e I simply looked at the keypad on my landline 'phone, since it was handy.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Bryan B » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:11 am

I was secretly hoping that I could use the number from the Obduction T-shirt at the phone booth outside the gas station to activate an elevator down to a secret "backer" room.
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Postby Charura » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:55 am

Bryan B wrote: I was secretly hoping that I could use the number from the Obduction T-shirt at the phone booth outside the gas station to activate an elevator down to a secret "backer" room.

I'm still looking around for places to use those dates. :ugeek:
Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Postby jermone » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:27 am

We kids used to use morse code to pluck on the strings connecting the cans, ha, ha. Got in and under the tree today. I've come across two keypads elsewhere asking for 3-digit input. Hmm?
jermone

Postby Bryan B » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:41 am

I meant the Villein number on the front of the shirt translating to
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The tour dates are also intriguing though.
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Postby Tahgtahv » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Weird you found two places. I can only think of one place requiring a 3 digit entry. (Ok, technically there's 2 on either side of the wall, but the inside one is more for decoration as far as gameplay is concerned than anything else) There's another thing that takes numbers up to 1023, so it might be mistakenly assumed to only take 3 dgiit numbers.
Tahgtahv
Obduction Backer

Postby Annabelle » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:13 am

Look guys... I didn't mean the conversion between letters and numbers (it's on every phone & ATM machines), I meant the device itself. If you didn't visit the Telephone booth and you are young, how do you expect to know what this strange device is...
[Reveal] Spoiler:

It reminds me of a young student we hired last semester. When I said to him : "click on the disquette & send me the document for review afterward", he came to me and asked: "What's that? A disquette?!?" When I finished explaining to him, he said ohhh that's what we call the save button amongst us... I guess young people just look at that "funny-looking" icon and wonder why old folks came with that silly idea for an icon! :lol: If you say...well that's just one isolated case... say I'm not so sure. I guess many work in a computer-related field so you might not have seen or heard that much but if you work in a different field like myself, you might have come across that situation already.
Annabelle

Postby Mac_Fife » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:46 pm

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Annabelle » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:31 pm

Right on Mac! :lol:
Annabelle

Next

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS