Invisible mechanism on rails [GLITCH/SPOILER?]

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Invisible mechanism on rails [GLITCH/SPOILER?]

Postby SteveT » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:44 pm

This can't possibly have gone unnoticed, but I can't find any mention of it. Apologies if this is old news.

I'm in Hunrath, on the upper set of rails, approaching the point where the tracks disappear under a pair of metal doors above CW's lair (after CW has removed some obstacles). Stopping just outside the wooden arch, standing on the left-hand rail, putting my cursor about halfway up where the doors come together - it shows a hot-spot. Click and drag results in an interesting mechanical "clanking" noise, and some arrows indicating directly forward and back. I thought I was messing with something behind the doors until I realized I could step all the way up to the doors, turn around, and access the - whatever - from the other side.

Presumably this little interaction was left over from something that was in an earlier version of the game, and then removed. One wonders what, though - maybe a means of opening the doors, I suppose... Any ideas?
SteveT

Re: Invisible mechanism on rails [GLITCH/SPOILER?]

Postby Twitch » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:49 pm

Ooh, very nice catch~ I doubt it has anything to do with opening the doors, though.
Twitch

Re: Invisible mechanism on rails [GLITCH/SPOILER?]

Postby astro » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Yeah, I've also wondered that. It doesn't seem to have any purpose - and it certainly does not make C.W. any friendlier! ;)
Astro, KI# 00147777
astro

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS