Please help

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Please help

Postby aidamei » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:44 pm

thank you for helping. I have fed all three trees water and now I am on my last venture to Mofang. I am supposed to be seeing this:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FLBoPqaPI4 (at 1:45)


Instead I am seeing this:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 8FE5E4C3C/

Will you please help me to understand what it is that I did not do yet which results in me not getting to the point at which I need to be at? (in accordance with the images)
aidamei
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Please help

Postby aidamei » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:59 pm

I really need help. Can anyone help me?
aidamei
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Please help

Postby Marten » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:30 pm

The video offset you've mentioned doesn't correspond to where you are.

However, if you have finished that world (Maray) and are trying to move on to the 4th, but find yourself blocked, it's possible that while solving one of Maray's later puzzles you may have accidentally un-done one of the earlier solutions. If so, you will need to re-solve the puzzle to move forward.
MOULa KI: 26838 | Prologue Videos | Visit rel.to to explore Myst, Uru, and D'ni communities!
Click here for social/game profiles
Marten
Obduction Backer
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 2:02 pm
Location: Tigard, OR

Re: Please help

Postby aidamei » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:42 pm

I am listening to you but I do not understand what you are saying: "The video offset you've mentioned doesn't correspond to where you are." This part I do not understand. At this point (somehow?) I have completed that area that I was speaking about. Now,I have another problem I need help with.

In the video walkthrough at 21:28:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZWe-uI ... X&index=19


The walkthrough shows the player coming up to an empty stall where he puts the gears together.


In my game I have this:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... B2613562B/


I remember putting these gears together a long while back in the game and then later using the wheel to turn off the machine so that I could get through the cog wheel which is no longer turning. Do I need to turn my machine herewith back on yet again by turning the wheel?

I have all lights on for all worlds except Mofang so I assume I am on track with this players video walkthrough because he speaks about all lights on as well except for Mofang. He is looking to find the way to get to Mofang.
aidamei
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Please help

Postby Magic88889 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:20 am

Yeah, it looks like you somehow undid one of the puzzles on Maray. As Marten said, you'll have to redo that puzzle to get to Mofang.

And don't worry about Kaptar. If you've completed the world, that's all you need. No need to mess with the machine again.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:33 pm

Re: Please help

Postby aidamei » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:58 am

Magic88889 wrote:Yeah, it looks like you somehow undid one of the puzzles on Maray. As Marten said, you'll have to redo that puzzle to get to Mofang.

And don't worry about Kaptar. If you've completed the world, that's all you need. No need to mess with the machine again.



You know I really am listening to you but I don't understand. Not messing with the machine anymore? Ok I won't.
But I don't have any idea of where to look for this puzzle that I undid. I'm just completely in the dark about it.

Please help me.

I know that I'm supposed to go here at this point: (see below)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 52B2EFBF5/

and that I'm supposed to see the two machines underneath this dome.

I'm supposed to utilise the first one (which is not there) and then proceed on to the next step towards getting to Mofang

I don't know how to put it back there. I need help
aidamei
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Please help

Postby Mac_Fife » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:54 am

Maybe you need to think about this a bit more slowly. You know, and can see, that the dome doesn't contain what you need. But what does it contain? Perhaps what is already there can help you find what you're looking for.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:05 am
Location: 56°2'26", -3°20'28"

Re: Please help

Postby aidamei » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Mac_Fife wrote:Maybe you need to think about this a bit more slowly. You know, and can see, that the dome doesn't contain what you need. But what does it contain? Perhaps what is already there can help you find what you're looking for.


Well I know that the remaining teleporter which is in here does not make the lift and the lift's little open space return...so I do not know what else I can find here
aidamei
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Please help

Postby Altairien » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:09 pm

aidamei wrote:
Mac_Fife wrote:Maybe you need to think about this a bit more slowly. You know, and can see, that the dome doesn't contain what you need. But what does it contain? Perhaps what is already there can help you find what you're looking for.


Well I know that the remaining teleporter which is in here does not make the lift and the lift's little open space return...so I do not know what else I can find here

The "lift and the lift's little open space" never go anywhere so they don't need to be returned.
Altairien
Obduction Backer
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:30 pm

Re: Please help

Postby aidamei » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Altairien wrote:
aidamei wrote:
Mac_Fife wrote:Maybe you need to think about this a bit more slowly. You know, and can see, that the dome doesn't contain what you need. But what does it contain? Perhaps what is already there can help you find what you're looking for.


Well I know that the remaining teleporter which is in here does not make the lift and the lift's little open space return...so I do not know what else I can find here

The "lift and the lift's little open space" never go anywhere so they don't need to be returned.



So this is what I am gathering...........The lift is there but I can't see it visually...Is that right?

I'm not understanding I need for you to explain: The "lift and the lift's little open space" never go anywhere so they don't need to be returned." I just don't understand what you are saying. I went back through Maray

I notice this:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 506CCA887/



I cannot get back here.. I am on the high ledge now that does not go down...Do I need to go down there somehow again?


Is this where the mistake lies?

Someone said earlier I needed to fix something in Maray.

Can you please tell me what I need to fix?
aidamei
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Please help

Postby aidamei » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:56 pm

I really am lost. Can anyone please explain what I need to do next? I can't even follow the video walkthrough at this point because I cannot determine what I need to do next.
aidamei
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Please help

Postby Altairien » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:31 pm

aidamei wrote:I just don't understand what you are saying. I went back through Maray

I notice this:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 506CCA887/

That's a picture of Kaptar, not Maray. Completely different world and has nothing to do with the Maray puzzle shown in your picture here.

Try to visualize the puzzle. Think of the domes as different sized bowls or cups that fit inside each other. Visualize what that would look like with the walkway openings added. Use real bowls or cups or something if necessary. Clear bowls/cups would be best so you can see through them.

You're swapping the 2 inner domes (bowls/cups) with open pieces of the junkyard that don't block your way. This gives you access to the lift.
Altairien
Obduction Backer
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:30 pm

Re: Please help

Postby Mac_Fife » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:11 pm

aidamei, what Altairien is hinting at is that the lift hasn't gone anywhere, because it is not in the place where you're looking. What I was hinting at is that you need to get through the dome you were looking at first. That means you need to "change" the dome. You have the means to do that, but you'll probably need more than one step to do it.
(I'm trying to give you as much help as I can without actually spelling out the answer for you ;) )
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:05 am
Location: 56°2'26", -3°20'28"


Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest