I totally KNOW I am asking a lot, but...

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

I totally KNOW I am asking a lot, but...

Postby MRFRITZ815 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:02 am

Briefly...my ability to play hours on end is not possible so I need to solve something then come back, figure out where I "am", then continue. So far this worked until reaching the spinning maze puzzle. I try to solve something, have to log off, then I come back and try to do more. This puzzle has lots of "moving parts', lol.

Once I understand what needs to happen then I can plow through it and I would actually enjoy the scenery while going, but right now it has literally ruined the entire game for me. I understand that the entire platform sphere rotates either direction. I understand that each of the four pieces on the rotating platform also rotate in either direction by going to the lower level using the elevator. I got that.

From here, I have also done...something. This is where I need a total, 100%, nothing left out, not one detail, of HOW the next part works. I found that from the top of the elevator where you view the maze and rotate the platform, by taking the elevator to the lower level where individual pieces of the platform can be rotated...and returning to the place where the 3 transporters are located, by transporting using any of them, you can go back to the elevator and go up and things have changed. I have gone back and forth, up and down, and the problem is, by having to stop and restart I have not figured our WHAT is happening by transporting. I realize too that there must be 5, not 4 total pieces. But getting them from one "place" to another is one problem (which of the platforms is the one to use..they look different, maybe). The other problem is that if it was possible to just move the existing spheres on the platform, swap them maybe, then I could see a way to spin them around to create a path.

I need DETAILS of the processes. My character is standing right now at the top of the elevator looking at a maze. But I don't know "which" maze. One "place" that I transport to has a straight piece in that maze, and the other "place" (maze) does not. So I know there are 2 mazes. Which one is the maze to transfer pieces TO? Do you have to spin a piece before transporting it? Is the piece directly below you (when looking at a maze) the piece that gets transported? Does only one piece get swapped? I never get a chance to play long enough to see what is going on.

Please, I need help. The answer for me needs to be: Start here at THIS maze, which you can tell by seeing...
Then, explain in detail, please, what happens and how to do it without leaving out the smallest detail. I mean even, when you engage the transporter, this color will glow.

THANK YOU TO WHOMEVER MIGHT HELP ME! RIGHT NOW MY GAME IS OVER UNTIL HELP ARRIVES.
MRFRITZ815

Re: I totally KNOW I am asking a lot, but...

Postby Magic88889 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:51 am

I'm unsure where you're going wrong. And I don't know what you mean by 2 mazes. There's one maze. As you've already figured out, it has 5 round pieces that must be put in the correct places, and rotated to their correct orientation. And you know about going back to those three swap machines, so you can move pieces around.

All the things that I would spell out for you, you have already figured out. From this point it should be pretty easy to figure out what piece goes where, move it there, rotate it into the correct orientation, and solve the maze.

But just in case, here's a list I made for another user that was having issues with this:

Magic88889 wrote:Due to the nature of the puzzle, unless you want to restart the whole game, there really isn't a step by step guide to solve it. I can give you all the information you need to solve it though. There's one or two things that are somewhat easy to miss. This one took me a while too before I figured it out.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
  • You have to create a path from the start (right in front of you) to the path on the left.
  • This path will take you though all 4 of the "slots" in the maze.
  • You have a total of 5 pieces to use: 2 right angles, 2 shallow angles, and one straight piece.
  • Each piece can be swapped with the one in Hunrath. There it can also be rotated to the correct orientation that you need.
  • Remember that there is a 5th piece already in Hunrath that swaps with the one in Maray when you use the swap seed underneath.
  • If you go down one of the tunnels in Hunrath, you'll find a cavern with 3 swap seeds. You can use one of them to get back to Maray without swapping one of the pieces. This allows you to actually use the piece in Hunrath if you need to, and it allows you to move a piece to another slot on the maze.
  • You may also have to use that method to go the other way: from Maray to Hunrath. Just go back down the path to the area with the three swap seeds.
  • If you map out the path, identify the piece you need in each slot, move them into the correct slot first and then rotate them correctly, you should be able to get past this part with a bit of work. Just work on one slot at a time.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Re: I totally KNOW I am asking a lot, but...

Postby MRFRITZ815 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:41 pm

Thanks for the help. I'm not really sure how but I was able to get to all 3 places. :)
MRFRITZ815

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS