Possible tree spoiler question

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Possible tree spoiler question

Postby cave explorer » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:04 pm

I have completed the game endings.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
When running from age to age in the tree root connections, I have found my direction reversed without turning around. I can usualy run from any age to any other age. If I run from Hunrath to Maray to Kaptar 3 times and then try to run 3 times in the other direction, upon crossing the border between Hunrath and Maray, there is a louder crossing sound and I am heading back to hunrath. Is this supposed to happen?
cave explorer
Obduction Backer

Re: Possible tree spoiler question

Postby belford » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:40 pm

Some people have reported direction reversals when running along the tree passages (both between chambers, and from chamber to surface or surface to chamber). I don't think anyone's pinned down the exact problem, except that it's less likely to happen when walking slowly.
Andrew Plotkin -- Seltani founding member
belford
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:09 am

I've had these reversals when either passing through the root tunnels or running along the portal walkways between roots. It happens at the point where there is a transition of "worlds" (e.g. the Hunrath tree root area is a seperate world from the rest of Hunrath), but why you get turned round is a mystery - maybe it has got something to do with new data not loading quickly enough so in order to maintain your motion the engine does what it can to keep you in the current world.

Whatever the case, as belford says, walking works better than running at these points.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Susa'n » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Downloading the most recent version of the game fixed the problem for me. If you purchased the game from GOG, you'll need to log into GOG and download the latest version from your GOG library.
Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)
Susa'n

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS