Mofang generosity?

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Mofang generosity?

Postby andys1376 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:45 pm

In the test kiosk recording, C.W. says that the Mofang have been generous in providing the technology used for the holograms. Why do you think they were being generous? Was this before there were serious conflicts among the species, or was there an ulterior motive in providing their technology?
andys1376
Obduction Backer

Re: Mofang generosity?

Postby Altairien » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Uncertain, but remember there were two factions of Mofang. Perhaps only the friendly/cooperative Mofang were providing tech.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:26 am

Well, there's a gameplay reason in that it helps set some doubt as to who is a benefactor and who should be trusted, but that's an aside to your question. Possibly it was before there was a plan to destroy the other sphere inhabitants, possibly it is because there were, as suggested, two factions of Mofang, but it's also possible that by getting people used to Mofang technology being around that the arrival of the weapon would simply attract curiosity (and detonation) rather than alarm and suspicion.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Magic88889 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:09 am

Funny. I just figured he stole them and didn't want to tell Farley.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby andys1376 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Thanks for the responses - all good theories!
andys1376
Obduction Backer

Postby Anna Catherine » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:10 pm

My interpretation was that the Mofang as a whole did not initially have plans for aggression toward the other groups. I think their initial intentions were at least neutral - after all, given their situation, cooperation could potentially be a lot more beneficial than making enemies of literally everyone they're stuck with.

I think that the aggression came later, that as they grew more accustomed to their neighbors their own society fractured into factions for how to handle the situation, whether they should start planning to attack or continue to cooperate. I would speculate that this may have happened because they realized Soria was resource-poor and might not sustain their society long-term, but that's just a guess.

Well, it's all just speculation, really, but to me it makes sense that their first attempts at collaboration may have been sincere and they didn't start out wanting to bomb everyone into oblivion, since I can't see any logical motivation for them to jump to mass murder straight out of the gate without at least taking time to analyze the situation first.
Anna Catherine
Obduction Backer

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS