Mofang among us?

Warning: Posts here may contain spoilers.

Mofang among us?

Postby andys1376 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:37 pm

My first impression of seeing the drawing of a Mofang in the Species Description document was that it looked similar to a stereotypical alien, with its humanoid figure and large, dark eyes. Speaking in character, do you think some people on Earth (other than Hunrath) had somehow seen Mofang in the past? This could have shaped how humans thought aliens looked like.
andys1376
Obduction Backer

Re: Mofang among us?

Postby Magic88889 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Given how the story of how the seeds work, I don't think it's likely that there was any prior interaction between any of the races.

That said, I have to wonder why only these four races were lumped together. If the seed system is to save people, why only these races? Are they the only races in the universe? Or maybe they are relatively close to each other and these are the 4 races in the local hub or something. Or was there some other reason for putting them together?

If they are simply close together, then maybe there was some interaction in the past.
Or it could just be that Cyan included them as a nod to culture of alien abductions.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby andys1376 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:21 am

Good thoughts. In the game, it had been speculated that the 4 worlds were chosen in part because of their similar atmospheres.
andys1376
Obduction Backer

Postby Jamie Marchant » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Didn't Carl Sagan once say something like "If life exists on other planets it is most certainly different from our own"? If that's true, then maybe these are the only 4 races with similar living conditions. These conditions include the need for some sort of air, the need for water. Maybe a similar gravity, I have no clue what kind of gravity the other worlds have since you can't jump in the game. That's my take on it.

I guess the Mofang have been abducting people on earth but I think this is unrelated to the events in the game.
-------------------
-Jamie Marchant
If I don't respond it's because email notification is down again and
I forgot to return to the thread.
Jamie Marchant

Return to HINTS, TIPS, & SPOILERS