Key bindings (for advance users)

For installation issues, problems running the game, game improvement suggestions, etc.

Key bindings (for advance users)

Postby Chogon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm going to give you some information that you can use at your own risk... blah, blah, blah.

You can add and override key bindings by modifying the following file:
Windows: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\Obduction\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini
(I'll update later here with where it is Mac)
This file (Input.ini) will normally be empty.
I have no idea if this file will get clobbered in a future update, so it would be wise to keep a backup copy of your modified Input.ini file.
Also, if we (Cyan) makes changes to the default input bindings then I will update this post. So, you may want to put a notify on this.

Here is the default input bindings:
Code: Select all
[/Script/Engine.InputSettings]
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Select",Key=LeftMouseButton,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run",Key=LeftShift,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Alt-Select",Key=RightMouseButton,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ResetHMD",Key=R,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ResetHMD",Key=Gamepad_Special_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Cancel",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run",Key=Gamepad_LeftShoulder,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Menu Toggle",Key=Escape,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Menu Toggle",Key=Gamepad_Special_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Menu Toggle",Key=BackSpace,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run Toggle",Key=CapsLock,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Camera",Key=SpaceBar,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Camera",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Top,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="CursorLockToggle",Key=Gamepad_RightThumbstick,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NavigationModeToggle",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Gamepad_Select",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Bottom,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Gamepad_Select",Key=Gamepad_RightTrigger,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Gamepad_Select",Key=Gamepad_LeftTrigger,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run",Key=Gamepad_RightShoulder,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run Toggle",Key=Gamepad_LeftThumbstick,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VRSeated",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Down,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VRStanding",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Up,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NodeTransitionType",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Cancel",Key=OculusRemote_Back,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Select",Key=OculusRemote_Enter,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="OculusRemoteTurn",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="OculusRemoteTurn",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NavigationModeToggle",Key=M,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="CursorLockToggle",Key=C,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NavigationModeToggle",Key=N,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="ConstantCursor_X",Key=Gamepad_RightX,Scale=15.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="ConstantCursor_Y",Key=Gamepad_RightY,Scale=15.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Cursor_X",Key=MouseX,Scale=25.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Cursor_Y",Key=MouseY,Scale=-25.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=Five,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=Four,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=Gamepad_RightY,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Gamepad_LeftY,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=S,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=W,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=A,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=Gamepad_LeftX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveUp",Key=E,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveUp",Key=Q,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=Gamepad_RightX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=MouseX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=Seven,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=Six,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="OculusRemoteMoveForward",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Up,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Down,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Up,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Down,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="OculusRemoteTurnAxis",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Left,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="OculusRemoteTurnAxis",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Right,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=Left,Scale=-0.500000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=Right,Scale=0.500000)

Copy the above default bindings into the Input.ini file (you will need all them even if you are just changing one of them).
Then make your modification.

Changes to override the left and right arrow keys to be strafe left and right:
Remove these line:
Add these line:
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=Left,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=Right,Scale=1.000000)

To change the "take snapshot" to ctrl-spacebar
Change this line:
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Camera",Key=SpaceBar,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
To this line:
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Camera",Key=SpaceBar,bShift=False,bCtrl=True,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

I don't like to walk.
Turn walking into running and running into sprinting (a.k.a. the QA normal)
Change these lines:
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Gamepad_LeftY,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=W,Scale=1.000000)
Into these lines:
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Gamepad_LeftY,Scale=2.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=W,Scale=2.000000)

My final mod is the game controller turn speed is tooooo slow for me.
Change these lines:
Into these lines:
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=Gamepad_RightX,Scale=2.000000)

Please feel free to post your special bindings here... that other obductees can use at their own risk.

[Edited: Updated the default and the example code to include all AxisMappings lines.]
[Edited2: Updated the default to include all ActionMappings lines. Changed how to do update (must have all lines not just what you are changing. Changed example to be just what to modify and included my favorite mods]

Enjoy,
Chogon
Chogon
Site Admin

Re: Key bindings (for advance users)

Postby Chogon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:28 pm

[Added: Ignore this post ... left for hysterical... I mean historical reasons]

I was hoping to find a way to just override one of the AxisMappings but the only way I could get it to work is include all the AxisMappings except for the ones I was replacing. I tried using the remove and add tags but no combination seem to work. I'll keep experimenting and maybe some one can find the right combination... Otherwise you can use including all the AxisMappings and ActionMappings method for now.

Config file special characters at the start of the line:
+ adds a property line but will
- removes a property line (must be exact match)
. adds a property line but doesn't care about duplicates
! removes a property but doesn't have to match exactly

--- Also, I updated the first post in this thread to use all AxisMappings and included all the AxisMappings in the default.

--Chogon
Chogon
Site Admin

Postby Altairien » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Looking at your posted Default code:
  • You've duplicated all ActionMappings. Copy/paste error? The game doesn't appear to need them duplicated.
  • There does seem to be some unused/odd items in there. LookUp and MoveUp don't seem to do anything. Four, Five, Six and Seven are odd keys to use for anything although Six and Seven at least do result in Turn.
Some lessons so far:
  • If you do not change at least one ActionMappings, the game will remove ALL ActionMappings from Input.ini. However, the game controls fine. It just uses the default ActionMappings as if they were included in the file. (Camera action with SpaceBar, Run with LeftShift, etc.)
  • If you do not change at least one AxisMappings, the game will remove ALL AxisMappings from Input.ini. In this case, the game does not control properly since it has lost all AxisMappings. (No mouse, no keyboard movement, etc.)
  • Messing around with the order can have undesirable results. (I tried to group the mappings by device. No go.
I tested a shifted FPS setup (ESDF) changing keyboard only. I changed movement keys and also the camera to C. I deleted duplicate ActionMappings. This worked fine in a quick test except for AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=R,Scale=1.000000). That one refuses to turn right while AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=W,Scale=-1.000000) works just fine and turns left.
Last edited by Altairien on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Chogon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Altairien wrote:You've duplicated all ActionMappings (in the default code). Copy/paste error?

Yup. Copy/paste error. Fixed.

Altairien wrote:LookUp and MoveUp don't seem to do anything. Four, Five, Six and Seven are odd keys to use for anything although Six and Seven at least do result in Turn.

I think LookUp is needed for the game controller and mouse for the up and down look, not sure why the 4,5 keys don't do anything. MoveUp must have been left over from an experiment ;-)

After more experimenting and reading about other Unreal4 projects, it looks like if you change a property (i.e. ActionMapping or AxisMapping) item in Input.ini, you have to include all of them. I've updated the first post in this thread with this notion to just copy all of the default bindings into Input.ini and then make your changes.

Thanks!
Chogon
Chogon
Site Admin

Postby KDeFlane » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:57 pm

I assume I'll be able to get my right-shift key near the arrows for burst running, by swapping the key definition line.
    ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run",Key=LeftShift,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
    ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run",Key=RightShift,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

Maybe it will work with both lines in there, but i'm just going to try the 2nd (assuming "RightShift" is the correct key name).

However, I have not been able to get the game to recognize my updated Input.ini contents. I'm still stuck with the side arrow keys doing Turn instead of Move, no matter when I update the file. Is there a trick as to when to make the edit? Before/After Steam loads? before/after Obduction plays? before/after Load Game or Resume?
KDeFlane
Obduction Backer

Postby Twitch » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:52 pm

In the public preview build (not sure about other builds) this file is blanked each time I launch the game, and changes are ignored.
Twitch

Postby Finn Flannigan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Twitch wrote:In the public preview build (not sure about other builds) this file is blanked each time I launch the game, and changes are ignored.

This is exactly what happens to me.
Finn Flannigan

Postby Tomala » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:25 am

Try making your changes to the ini, then saving it as read only.
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I found other games to play.
Tomala
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:11 am

"R" refuses to rebind. I changed

ActionMappings=(ActionName="ResetHMD",Key=R,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

to

ActionMappings=(ActionName="ResetHMD",Key=H,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

but I'm still unable to rebind another action to "R". Is "R" hard coded somewhere?
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Chogon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:21 am

Twitch wrote:In the public preview build (not sure about other builds) this file is blanked each time I launch the game, and changes are ignored.

I am using the public preview and it works. You do have to make a mod to one of the ActionMappings and/or one of the AxisMappings otherwise they will be removed leaving your Input.ini file empty. If you made a change, maybe the line you changed has an error on it and it was ignored.

I usually make my changes before launching Obduction but after launching Steam. Not sure if I have to do it that way or not.

RightShift is correct. Here is a list of keys: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/List_of_Key/Gamepad_Input_Names

I'll check on the 'R' key being hard coded.

I'm on a road trip right now (geocaching around Mount Rainier) when I get back I'll post myth mods in full.

--Chogon
Chogon
Site Admin

Postby Altairien » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:36 am

Chogon wrote:
You do have to make a mod to one of the ActionMappings and/or one of the AxisMappings otherwise they will be removed leaving your Input.ini file empty.

As far as the game is concerned, Input.ini has 2 sections: ActionMappings and AxisMappings. My experience is that the game (at startup btw) will wipe whichever section is unchanged and leave the changed section intact (assuming no errors). Therefore, you must make at least one change in each section in order to retain both sections in Input.ini.

For example, if you make an AxisMappings change, but no ActionMappings changes, all ActionMappings will be wiped from Input.ini, but the AxisMappings will remain.

What's odd is that the game responds to this differently depending on which section was removed. From my previous post...
Altairien wrote:Some lessons so far:
  • If you do not change at least one ActionMappings, the game will remove ALL ActionMappings from Input.ini. However, the game controls fine. It just uses the default ActionMappings as if they were included in the file. (Camera action with SpaceBar, Run with LeftShift, etc.)
  • If you do not change at least one AxisMappings, the game will remove ALL AxisMappings from Input.ini. In this case, the game does not control properly since it has lost all AxisMappings. (No mouse, no keyboard movement, etc.)
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:36 am

I'm using this now.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
[/Script/Engine.InputSettings]
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Select",Key=LeftMouseButton,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run",Key=A,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Alt-Select",Key=RightMouseButton,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ResetHMD",Key=H,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="ResetHMD",Key=Gamepad_Special_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Cancel",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run",Key=Gamepad_LeftShoulder,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Menu Toggle",Key=Escape,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Menu Toggle",Key=Gamepad_Special_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Menu Toggle",Key=BackSpace,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run Toggle",Key=CapsLock,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Camera",Key=G,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Camera",Key=Q,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Camera",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Top,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="CursorLockToggle",Key=Gamepad_RightThumbstick,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NavigationModeToggle",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Gamepad_Select",Key=Gamepad_FaceButton_Bottom,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Gamepad_Select",Key=Gamepad_RightTrigger,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Gamepad_Select",Key=Gamepad_LeftTrigger,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run",Key=Gamepad_RightShoulder,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Run Toggle",Key=Gamepad_LeftThumbstick,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VRSeated",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Down,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="VRStanding",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Up,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NodeTransitionType",Key=Gamepad_DPad_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Cancel",Key=OculusRemote_Back,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="Select",Key=OculusRemote_Enter,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="OculusRemoteTurn",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Left,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="OculusRemoteTurn",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Right,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NavigationModeToggle",Key=V,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="CursorLockToggle",Key=C,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NavigationModeToggle",Key=N,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
ActionMappings=(ActionName="NodeTransitionType",Key=B,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="ConstantCursor_X",Key=Gamepad_RightX,Scale=15.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="ConstantCursor_Y",Key=Gamepad_RightY,Scale=15.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Cursor_X",Key=MouseX,Scale=25.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Cursor_Y",Key=MouseY,Scale=-25.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=Five,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=Four,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=Gamepad_RightY,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Gamepad_LeftY,Scale=1.500000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=D,Scale=-1.500000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=E,Scale=1.500000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=S,Scale=-1.500000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=F,Scale=1.500000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=Gamepad_LeftX,Scale=1.500000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveUp",Key=Seven,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveUp",Key=Six,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=MouseX,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=T,Scale=0.750000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=W,Scale=-0.750000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="OculusRemoteMoveForward",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Up,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Down,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Up,Scale=1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Down,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="OculusRemoteTurnAxis",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Left,Scale=-1.000000)
AxisMappings=(AxisName="OculusRemoteTurnAxis",Key=OculusRemote_DPad_Right,Scale=1.000000)

• Primary movement: ESDF
    • I went with scale=1.5 on movement. Scale=2.0 was too quick when running in certain locations. Made me nauseous.
  • Turn: WT
    • Scale=0.75. 0.5 was too slow and 1.0 felt too fast. I want turn right to be "R", but has to be "T" for now until Cyan figures out why "R" can't be rebound. This isn't a massively huge deal since I normally mouse steer, but I do like to have the option to give my right hand a break from the mouse and steer from point A to point B with just my left hand on the keyboard.
  • Run: A
  • Camera: G or Q
  • Cursor Toggle: C (the default)
  • Navigation Mode Toggle: V or N (one of the defaults)
  • Node Transition Type: B
    • Added line (ActionMappings=(ActionName="NodeTransitionType",Key=B,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)) to include it as a keyboard bind. Chogan's default only has it as a gamepad bind.
Pretty happy with this setup overall. It's amazing how a small 5/8" shift to the right on the keyboard makes a big difference at keeping the RSI in check. It's also nice that my muscle memory which causes me to hit the spacebar no longer has me taking pictures all the time.
(Note: I left the arrow movement/turn keys at their default (1.0 and 0.5) scales for speed comparisons.)
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby KDeFlane » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:32 pm

So it seems a few people have been able to get their changes to stick and be recognized? I have changes in both Action and Axis mapping sections, and the file does not even get wiped, but my settings are still not being used. Sad puppy.

Are you able to make your changes and then load/resume a preexisting game? It's not like the saved game is also saving whatever settings were in place when it was created, right?

I'm playing under Steam, but also logging into a separate Windows account, so two of us can make our own way thru the game without overwriting one another's progress. This works well, however I am the one without the admin level powers. Could that have something to do with it? I am able to edit the Input.ini file just fine, but maybe Obduction can see that I did so with a lower user level than an admin? I'm grasping at pinecones now.
KDeFlane
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:16 pm

KDeFlane wrote:Are you able to make your changes and then load/resume a preexisting game? It's not like the saved game is also saving whatever settings were in place when it was created, right?

I can confirm that I can load/resume a game with the settings I've added to the Input.ini. They're not in the saved game as far as I can tell.

KDeFlane wrote:I'm playing under Steam, but also logging into a separate Windows account, so two of us can make our own way thru the game without overwriting one another's progress. This works well, however I am the one without the admin level powers. Could that have something to do with it? I am able to edit the Input.ini file just fine, but maybe Obduction can see that I did so with a lower user level than an admin? I'm grasping at pinecones now.

I haven't tried this with different profiles. I suppose there should be 2 Input.ini files - one under your profile and one under the other profile.
C:\Users\<username1>\AppData\Local\Obduction\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini
C:\Users\<username2>\AppData\Local\Obduction\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini

Have you tried changing both Input.ini files or are you changing just one of them?
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Postby Finn Flannigan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:58 am

It's finally working for me. Thanks so much :)

I think the issue I had was, when I copied and pasted the code it added a 4 spaces before each line. I deleted them and it's ok now.
Finn Flannigan

Next

Return to Technical Discussion