Sound Glitch?

Sound Glitch?

Postby Gamer4Life137 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Okay guys, I have a strange one. So I have the steam version of Riven. I went to play it on my new computer and found the strangest issue I've experienced yet. All of the sound is reversed. L and R are switched. It's super weird. So in the beginning when he's walking in from the right side, the sound is coming from the left. I have Realtek audio, and i couldn't find a way to temporarily swap the audio directions for when I am playing the game. I can confirm the sound is completely normal everywhere else on the computer. Riven is the only exception. Any tips on what I could try? Thanks guys!
Gamer4Life137

Re: Sound Glitch?

Postby Magic88889 » Sat May 28, 2016 1:08 am

You could just use headphones and put them on backwards...

Ok, I know kind of a smart-ass answer, but honestly I don't know what else to tell you. That's kind of a strange issue.

I did do some searching around, and I came up with this: http://www.actualsolution.com/power-mixer/
Supposedly it will do what you want. I have never used it, don't know if it works, and probably wouldn't install it without checking it out to make sure it's a legitimate program (it seems like it is). However, this, or something similar, is probably your best bet until somebody fixes the bug that's causing it.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Re: Sound Glitch?

Postby Jamie Marchant » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:54 am

I've heard of this issue before but don't know how to fix it. Have you tried putting a support ticket in for this.
-------------------
-Jamie Marchant
If I don't respond it's because email notification is down again and
I forgot to return to the thread.
Jamie Marchant

Return to Riven (PC)