Page 1 of 5

Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:28 pm
by ljbade
During the Obduction kickstarter it was mentioned that there will be an updated Real Myst coming soon?

Where can we find out the details like what has been added etc.? I would also like to know the minimum specs to see if my laptop can run it.

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:31 pm
by LuigiHann
They posted a few screenshots on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 363&type=3

I don't think they've revealed much in terms of technical details

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:00 pm
by ljbade
Thanks it looks awesome.

Judging by the screenshots I think my laptop should be able to handle it.

Do you reckon they have added more puzzles/secrets? I last played the Myst Masterpiece back in the early 2000s.

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:03 pm
by Ainia
ljbade wrote:I last played the Myst Masterpiece back in the early 2000s.

Hey ljbade,

If your question means that you've *never* played realMyst, then yes, you will find new puzzles, etc. It's anyone's guess if this upgraded realMyst will have any exclusive new content/puzzles.

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:00 am
by Christian Walther
Here’s what RAWA has to say about it (from yesterday’s Q&A chatlog):
Chloe Rhodes: RAWA, will realMyst masterpeice have additional content. Like realMyst added Rime. will the masterpiece edition add something as well?
RAWA: Chloe - no, there isn't an extra Age, but there might be a few surprises.

Mario: @RAWA will there be a new age to explore in realMyst HD?
RAWA: mario - no, but there may be a few other smaller surprises.

Note that as Ainia hints at, “no new age” is presumably in comparison to the original realMyst, not to Myst / Myst Masterpiece.

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:25 am
by ljbade
Sweet sounds exciting, can't wait.

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:46 pm
by sammoniac
Hi everyone! Glad to now be part of this community ;)

I really really hope that this update will have true 16:9 widescreen support (not just stretched 4:3) and surround sound, if possible. It would GREATLY enhance the experience (especially the widescreen support). I'm really happy to know that Cyan is still working on such a masterpiece! I plan on experiencing the series in chronological order now, so I ordered the three books and the Black Ships comic. Hopefully realMyst Masterpiece Edition comes out when I'm done reading the Book of Ti'ana, the Book of Atrus and the Book of Black Ships! :D

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:09 am
by Vector Cramp
sammoniac wrote: plan on experiencing the series in chronological order now, so I ordered the three books and the Black Ships comic. Hopefully realMyst Masterpiece Edition comes out when I'm done reading the Book of Ti'ana, the Book of Atrus and the Book of Black Ships! :D


Welcome to the forums!

I would personally advise not reading the comic (The Black Ships) as it takes away from the story rather then adds. Its quality is poor and contradicts established lore, not to mention switches the personality between two important characters. Cyan cancelled the series after the first issue because it was so bad and it has generally been regarded as non-canon.

If you do read it, you should probably wait until after you've played Myst as a few things would make better sense.

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:51 pm
by sammoniac
Vector Cramp wrote:I would personally advise not reading the comic (The Black Ships) as it takes away from the story rather then adds. Its quality is poor and contradicts established lore, not to mention switches the personality between two important characters. Cyan cancelled the series after the first issue because it was so bad and it has generally been regarded as non-canon.

If you do read it, you should probably wait until after you've played Myst as a few things would make better sense.


Oh... thanks a lot for the info! I knew about the reason of the cancellation and the mistakes in the comic, but I didn't know that they also messed up the lore. I was just curious about it so I bought it anyway. Also, I've done Myst a couple of times before, as well as realMyst, Riven, and almost all of Exile, so reading the books won't really spoil anything for me.

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:43 pm
by Baladria
Vector Cramp wrote:Cyan cancelled the series after the first issue because it was so bad and it has generally been regarded as non-canon.


HA! I didn't know this! That's pretty funny!

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:02 pm
by Shorahmin
Ok my usual dumb question. Do we have any clues on when it will be available? I want it now! LOL

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:08 pm
by numinous
Rand mentioned that it "may" be ready by Christmas but that that's probably best case scenario. I'd say more likely early next year. Either way it sounds close.

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:30 pm
by Vector Cramp
numinous wrote:Rand mentioned that it "may" be ready by Christmas but that that's probably best case scenario. I'd say more likely early next year. Either way it sounds close.


Actually RAWA confirmed that it would be out by Christmas, so I'd say any day now.

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:22 pm
by ljbade
I imagine it must be more or less done. Perhaps they have some last minute bugs they are trying to chase down. I imagine they are quite busy working on getting it out.

I wonder if it will have any hidden Obdcution easter eggs/references hidden away in it...

Re: Updated Real Myst?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:51 pm
by Luin
I am so excited for this. :D I already have some family and friends I plan on gifting it to, even if it's after the gift-giving season. :]