In the Beginning there was Myst.....

General discussion about Myst.

In the Beginning there was Myst.....

Postby CrisGer » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Myst remains one of the phenomenon of game development and a wonderful adventure for anyone of any background or age. I am so glad it continues to bring such joy and started such a wonderful journey for us all. Thanks Rand, and Robyn, and all at Cyan! May the adventure continues a LONG LONG time!
URU MOUL Lives
Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin
"We Build Worlds"
CrisGer

Re: In the Beginning there was Myst.....

Postby gchaser » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Without a doubt, the best, most compelling, and addictive game and series I have ever played. We bought Myst when it first came out, and my sons and I could not keep away from it. I've played all the subsequent games, Riven, Exile, Real Myst, Myst 4, Myst 5, and have been part of the URU and Myst Online games since Beta. What a ride...... :) ......keep it up Cyan, and I'm looking forward to celebrating with you on the 20th Anniversary of Myst!
gchaser
Obduction Backer

Postby grery » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:45 am

Agreed with both of you...
My mom bought me Myst when I was young, I'm so grateful for her now.
After Myst Antology there was Myst V, Myst Uru and at last Myst IV.
Sometimes I feel blank when thinking there wouldn't be any more Myst games.

Now I'm just looking forward for any new Ages to Myst Uru or MOULa, and Myst movie.
Good luck to you, Cyan, I hope you won't let it die.
The ending has not yet been written.
grery

Postby Seff » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:23 am

It's only as I became a young adult that I've gotten really interested in Myst. That said, it's been fascinating piecing the story together. (I haven't finished any of the games yet, but reading the Books sure was fun.)

Cyan, please don't ever buy into the myth that a computer game has to be violent to be interesting or relevant to today's consumer. There will always be those who prefer exploration to combat.
Seff

Return to General Discussion