How Well Do You Know MYST?

General discussion about Myst.

How Well Do You Know MYST?

Postby Tai'lahr » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:25 pm

From the dusty archives:

Way back in August 1996, Brøderbund & World Village held a contest called The MYST Trivia Challenge. There were 50 questions for fans to answer (some about the game and some about the making of the game) and those who submitted the most correct answers won prizes. First prize was a copy of the "upcoming sequel to MYST" autographed by Rand and Robyn Miller. There were second through fifth place prizes as well as a consolation prize of a MYST Puzzle-in-a-Bottle.

Take the challenge and see how well you know MYST: The MYST Trivia Challenge Quiz.
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Re: How Well Do You Know MYST?

Postby Talashar » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:07 pm

Ah, I remember this quiz! I can answer all but ten questions, assuming I'm not miscounting elevators or something.

Atrus wrote a journal entry suspecting one of his sons as the cause for the destruction of worlds. What is the date of this journal entry?

He did nothing of the sort! That was marketing. :geek:
Talashar Geltahn; Ki 183867
An overview of D'ni grammar
My fiction
Talashar
Obduction Backer

Postby Tai'lahr » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:33 pm

Talashar wrote:
Atrus wrote a journal entry suspecting one of his sons as the cause for the destruction of worlds. What is the date of this journal entry?

He did nothing of the sort! That was marketing. :geek:

[Reveal] Spoiler: 22 November
A great injustice has been done...and I, Atrus, have paid the price. The books I have created lead to worlds so fantastic, they could fill a lifetime. But something has gone terribly wrong and my creations are being destroyed by someone's greed. I suspect one of my sons, either Sirrus or Achenar, but I cannot be sure. I dare not write further without revealing too much. My only hope is that I can find the answer before it's too la--

It's a note on the game box/CD case.
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby Acorn1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 pm

Tai'lahr wrote:From the dusty archives:

There were second through fifth place prizes

4th prize - a Myst screensaver CD Rom - ah, technology, see what you leave behind when you advance :lol: :lol:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Return to General Discussion