Happy Myst Day! 20 Years anniversary

General discussion about Myst.

Happy Myst Day! 20 Years anniversary

Postby aloys » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:52 am

My, my, my, if my memory Wikipedia is correct this is on september 24th 1993, 20 years ago today, that Myst was released. :o
Changing many people's life in the process..

Endless thanks, and congratulations, to all the Cyan peeps for that wonder of a creation, all those that followed, and those 20 amazing years!

Here's to 20 more years of fun and exploration! :)

aloys
Obduction Backer

Happy Birthday to Myst!

Postby Vector Cramp » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:26 am

I know there are going to be a ton of these, but here's my tribute to Myst's 20th birthday:

A cake:

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffW3HIWAMaU
Vector E. Cramp:

Founder of MYSTAges
Self-declared Bahro Historian
Member of Mystitech Productions
Vector Cramp
Obduction Backer

Re: Happy Birthday to Myst!

Postby janaba1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:00 am

How wonderful and delicious, Vector, also the video is very beautiful and myst-eriously inspiring and reminiscing ... did you do that? I mean both, the cake and the video? ... :P

Thanks however for starting the party together with Aloys, maybe those threads should be merged into one ... :mrgreen:

So, the fondest and very best and heartfelt wishes I'm sending along to all at Cyan Worlds for a more and more magically and mysteriously successful and exciting developing journey through your wondrous adventures in your beautiful lifes ... So, let's raise our glasses to an astounding

HAPPY 20th MYST Anniversary and thus Congrats and Thanks to its Makers at Cyan Worlds

Have all some awesome and unforgettable celebrations on this special day, which marks some extraordinary and amazing achievements and accomplishments on all levels and in every respect, which also comprises the lovely care for your whole wonderful lifes and families, neighborhood communities etc. not only your games production lol, and this all oftentimes passionately with much perseverance and dedication against all odds and with all ups and downs life entails ...

Many kudos to all of you, and here it comes, the games lol, the Makers of all the exceptionally awesome and magical Myst games series, pioneering the whole adventure games industry, and which deeply moved and inspired generations for decades up until now, and not to forget Riven and of course Uru and all its incarnations up to today's MOULa ... What an astounding achievement!!! ... :)

I am very certain, the ending has not been written yet, so, here's to many more years of Cyan Worlds games, movies or whatever awesome stuff production ... :D
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Happy 20th, jumping on the bandwagon.

Postby Scraper » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:45 am

Today marks the 20th anniversary of Cyan Inc's best selling computer game, Myst. For many of us, Myst was more than a game. It was a world waiting to be explored, a story begging to be told, an adventure eager to happen. Many of us adopted this world as our own, embracing the surrealistic beauty and grandeur, the hidden secrets, and the horrifying history we uncovered. Many of us called its immersive environment home.

As a game, it was unprecedented. Released on CD on September 24, 1993, Myst was the best selling PC game until it was finally overtaken by the Sims in 2002. Its popularity caused sales of CD ROMs to increase dramatically. At the time, it did not fit into any existing game category, so it created a new genre. It was unparalleled in many ways.

Myst has since been updated as technology catches up to the vision Cyan had in the early 1990's. It was followed by four sequels, the MMOG Uru, and three novels. In 2000, the fan community was inspired to initiate an annual gathering, called Mysterium, which attracts fans from around the world and still continues today. Numerous artworks and other projects were inspired by the games and the company that created them.

The impact of the Myst world has been huge in our lives and in our hearts. Many of us are the richer for it. For all the work, life, and spirit which has gone into creating the Myst universe, we the fans thank all past and present Cyantists, builder of worlds. From the bottom of our hearts and souls, chev b'shemtee b'fahsee.
- Scraper -
Scraper

Re: Happy Myst Day! 20 Years anniversary

Postby Alahmnat » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:49 am

Here here! *lifts his glass*
Grand Master
Guild of Archivists
Alahmnat
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:54 am

Happy birthday to you - and us! :mrgreen:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:29 am

Now we have already 3 threads, I wonder why nobody's realizing this and why there's no Mod to make one of them ... Yeah! make them all one, doesn't that sound really good ... :mrgreen:
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby Tai'lahr » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:44 am

Thank you, Cyan for all these years of wonderful gameplay, the intricate puzzles, the beautiful graphics, and great stories. Thank you for creating the base on which this great community has been built.

Edit: I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but The Cavern Today has a special pod cast out to mark the ocassion: TCT X: Myst 20th Anniversary Special - they each take a trip down memory lane that many of us can identify with. :)
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Re: Happy 20th, jumping on the bandwagon.

Postby Mystdee » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:23 am

Yes, a day to remember and to celebrate the past and look forward to whatever Cyan has for us in the future !! :D
Mystdee
Obduction Backer

Re: Happy 20th, jumping on the bandwagon.

Postby Ainia » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Yes indeed! A day worth celebrating in earnest!!

(Plus, we now have a taste of what's ahead!)

Happy birthday Myst! Happy anniversary Cyan!! Surely, the best is yet to come! :mrgreen:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby Hannah » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:26 pm

I've moved some posts about the same topic into this thread, so that we can find all Myst 20th Anniversary Posts in the same thread. :)

Cheers!
Hannah
Hannah
Site Admin

Postby Acorn1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Hannah wrote:I've moved some posts about the same topic into this thread, so that we can find all Myst 20th Anniversary Posts in the same thread. :)

Cheers!

thanks, Hannah! :)
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby LuigiHann » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:13 am

I should have made a Myst cake. Oh well, nothing stopping me from doing that any other day :)
LuigiHann
Obduction Backer

Postby Jamie Marchant » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:48 am

Yeah, 20 years of Myst great work, guys!.
-------------------
-Jamie Marchant
If I don't respond it's because email notification is down again and
I forgot to return to the thread.
Jamie Marchant

Postby Chogon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:11 am

Here is a recent and interesting article about Myst 20th anniversary:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9713372/looking-back-game-myst-20th-anniversary

--Chogon
Chogon
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion