Happy Myst Day! 20 Years anniversary

General discussion about Myst.

Re: Happy Myst Day! 20 Years anniversary

Postby Mac_Fife » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:23 am

Nice find! A much more in depth article than I was expecting. Thanks for the link, Chogon.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Charura » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Great for you to share this Chogon...I missed a class because I was reading and watching the videos...No problem..I'm aceing that one anyway ;)
Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Postby janaba1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:58 am

Chogon wrote:Here is a recent and interesting article about Myst 20th anniversary:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9713372/looking-back-game-myst-20th-anniversary
--Chogon

Thank you, Chogon ... This might be the most comprehensive and wonderful article about Myst and its 'Makers' and everything that's come before and after until now and the development and prospects of adventure game development ... What a wonderful tribute to Myst and this whole genre which it initiated!!! ... :P

And I absolutely agree with Rand and all who see, feel and sense and esp. appreciate that the time of monster, zombie, shooter, killing and blood shed excitement is definitely coming to an end ... one can see and read it more and more that the people (slowly slowly) are becoming weary of it all ... maybe they're just used to and thus not yet dismissing but tolerating the old dark/rogue/destructive stuff (not that there's no darkness in D'ni, but you know what I mean 8-) ) as long as there's no other option or alternative ...
So, developers like Cyan Worlds might be up for something in the near future, or as Rand said 'I still think there's plenty of room for something really cool in this genre out there. And I don't think we've done it yet.' ... Yeah! Way to go, Cyan! ... :D
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Previous

Return to General Discussion