Tour racer leaderboard (iPad version)

Warning: May include spoilers.

Tour racer leaderboard (iPad version)

Postby dgelessus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:45 am

Dunno if anyone noticed it yet (probably many have), but there is a second leaderboard on the iPad version of Riven. First one is Fastest Winning Time, which is pretty straigtforward. The second one is Tour Racer, and nobody has a score in there yet.
Any idea what that might be? I have one theory, which I couldn't verify yet because I forgot the dang Tay book combo...
MOULa2.dgelessus=32253
dgelessus

Re: Tour racer leaderboard (iPad version)

Postby Ahlisendar » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:49 am

I think it's some complicated thing like, fastest time to tap the back of the linking chamber, visit every island, then tap the back the back of the linking chamber again.
Enter text here
Ahlisendar
Obduction Backer

Postby dgelessus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:37 am

Ahlisendar wrote:I think it's some complicated thing like, fastest time to tap the back of the linking chamber, visit every island, then tap the back the back of the linking chamber again.

That may actually be possible... I've tried rushing every major location in Riven (all islands, 233 and Tay), but had no luck with that.

EDIT:
Just tried it, still "not ranked". What I did: I loaded up my standard mess-around save, which was at the linking chamber (I already trapped Gehn). I banged onto the wall about twenty times, took the mag-lev to Jungle Island, the secret mag-lev to Map Island, the next one to Boiler Island, linked to Prison Island via 233, then back to Temple Island and banged on the linking chamber another twenty times. No success...
MOULa2.dgelessus=32253
dgelessus

Postby Castro » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:51 pm

If you successfully visit every island and age (not counting Myst Island during the intro), and click the button, you will little notification showing your time.
Did you visit the moiety?
"You only Yolo once, or something"
Castro
Cyan Employee

Postby dgelessus » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:01 am

What button? Did I miss something? Or do you have to pull the lever near the chamber?
Oh and yes, I did it twice, and the second time I did include Tay/Moiety Age.
MOULa2.dgelessus=32253
dgelessus

Postby Castro » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:35 am

dgelessus wrote:What button? Did I miss something?

There's a secret button to start the tour racer. you should be able to find it with the hint guides turned on ;)
"You only Yolo once, or something"
Castro
Cyan Employee

Postby dgelessus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:53 am

Castro wrote:
dgelessus wrote:What button? Did I miss something?

There's a secret button to start the tour racer. you should be able to find it with the hint guides turned on ;)

Hint guides, riiiight... those are quite useful to find easter eggs... also, is that a sad face that you have to push? :roll:
Well, seems to have worked... pretty bad time I did there, still lots to improve.
MOULa2.dgelessus=32253
dgelessus

Return to Hints & Tips