Just started playing this on Steam :)

General discussion about Uru: Complete Chronicles.

Just started playing this on Steam :)

Postby Bryan B » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:34 am

It was a little strange to start out at a location that looked very much like earth (with a country type of music vibe and a trailer home), but now that I have actually seen and completed some of the ages I am hooked for sure! I was scared when I went to some ages, didn't complete much and then they appeared to be locked in the pillars, but later realized the books were moved to the book case hahah.

One of Shapper's journals goes on and on... and on and on! That is ok though, since I read it all the way through and still managed to catch some funny Cyan references!

The sheer scale and movement of the Fortress! Wow.

It is great to see the work Cyan had done since I last played Myst many years ago. I wish I had kept up with every release (including the Ubisoft releases). I am making up for it now and playing through them all and it has been a blast so far.

Thanks!
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Re: Just started playing this on Steam :)

Postby Tweek » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:44 am

You should check out the Guild of Writers once you're done with the game. They have some Ages created by fans that you can download and patch into the game.
Tweek
Obduction Backer

Postby Bryan B » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:49 am

I will do that. Thanks!
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Postby Horatio » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:33 am

If you haven't already, you should also check out "Myst Online URU Live again" (MOULa) at www.mystonline.com. It is the online multiplayer version of URU which is hosted by CYAN, and supported by the fan community. Check out the forums at www.mystonline.com for more info.

See you in the Cavern!
Horatio
[MOULa KI #00075975]
[MOUL KI #00676569]
Member in good standing of the URU Karaoke Community
Horatio
Obduction Backer

Postby Bryan B » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:10 am

I was planning on doing that later on when I am finished with URU. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to doing either one first, second or both at the same time?

I am learning about these as I play them, so I haven't looked too much into the online version yet. I will be happy to donate when I start using it though. Buying all of the Myst series games was way cheaper than I had expected and it has yielded many hours of exploration, mystery solving and puzzle challenges.
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Postby Horatio » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:00 am

Bryan B wrote:I was planning on doing that later on when I am finished with URU. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to doing either one first, second or both at the same time?

I am learning about these as I play them, so I haven't looked too much into the online version yet. I will be happy to donate when I start using it though. Buying all of the Myst series games was way cheaper than I had expected and it has yielded many hours of exploration, mystery solving and puzzle challenges.

If it were me, I'd play URU CC through to completion first, then do MOULa. There are others who are much more knowledgeable than me, but I'd estimate the two entities are about 75% the same. There are some things in CC that are not in MOULa, and there are some things in MOULa that are not in CC. This recent thread on the MOULa forums describes some of the differences (it contains spoilers, so only read if you really want to know) - http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27021.
Horatio
[MOULa KI #00075975]
[MOUL KI #00676569]
Member in good standing of the URU Karaoke Community
Horatio
Obduction Backer

Postby Bryan B » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 am

This game just keeps unfolding! I am loving it. I just thought the balconies were there to tease me through the whole game.
Bryan B
Obduction Backer

Return to General Discussion