Uru

Warning: May contain spoilers.

Uru

Postby astromjr9 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:47 pm

I never finished the CD version of Uru. I would like to buy it through Steam. I can still come here for help?
astromjr9

Re: Uru

Postby Annabelle » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Sure! This forum is only for a legally-owned, not altered version of URU. It can be the CD version, the Steam version or the GOG version.
Annabelle 47907 - New avatar
Annabelle

Postby astromjr9 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:15 pm

I have purchased URU through Steam and love being on the journey again. Most I don't remember as I never got very far. Now I am in the jail/prison with 2 wicker gates I need to open. There are several touch plates on the floor. I have moved rocks and bones on and off of them with no success. Can you give me a hint?

I also have been to the desert with several vent holes that have covers I can put on and take off. If I put all of them on that last one blows them all off again. Maybe a hint there also? :roll:
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:24 pm

The jail/prison with the plates: There is a sequence to open the doors. You'll have to find the sequence somewhere. Maybe the DRC has it somewhere?

The vents: You should investigate what closing some vents does to the other vents. Try closing all but one and make some observations.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby astromjr9 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Ok I'm running in circles. In the desert I have methodically opened and closed all the vents leaving one open at a time. I have looked for changes in the waterfall, the power plant, and the vents. The vents rock back and forth like a little pressure cooker and I don't see any change in the little vents. Great sunset though. What am I missing? What is suppose to happen now??
astromjr9

Postby astromjr9 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:54 pm

I also read all of Douglas Sharper's 2 books and all of the WATCHER GROWER MAKER books. The only DRC book I can find is the Watchers sanctuary. Is there others? I have been in that room and moved the ball up behind the clock. Nothing else happens here. My next move is where? Help please.
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Alright, something more specific, then.

The steam coming from the vents can be used to lift you up to heights you wouldn't otherwise be able to reach. Closing all the vents but one increases the pressure and helps you reach higher heights. If I remember right, the first such area is near the beginning. Up there you'll find another vent, which you'll need to close. Once you have that done, close all the vents but the one near the chasm with the lava. The steam from that vent will help you jump to the other side.

For the plates, you have to find Sharper's office in Teledahn. It's up an elevator outside that house at the beginning. You'll have to restore power first, and then route power to that section of the Age. Once in there, there's a diagram on his desk that tells you how to open the doors.

Oh, and you asked about books. There are tons in this game scattered throughout. Some in obvious places, others not so much. The books primarily cover D'ni culture and history and aren't strictly necessary to solve the game. Some of them might offer clues that could help you,though.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

prison plates

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Ok I'm moving right along. I found the map on Sherper's desk regarding the pressure plates at the prison. I copied down the symbols so I will know in what order to put rocks on them. The problem is finding a reliable source as to what the numerical order is for URU. I looked in the books in the shelf across from all of my linking books. There is a book with 8 pages and I assumed those symbols meant page 1 through 8 but those symbols don't work. Where else might I look to decipher those codes?
astromjr9

scope puzzles

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:30 pm

When you first enter the tree there are 3 scopes you look through. You can rotate the pieces in them which I've done since entering the tree. I have visited what looks like an art gallery with a staircase in the center. There are rotating objects and stained glass pictures. There is one that has what looks like all 3 scopes but I don't see the connection to work the scopes. Do I rotate the pieces until something clicks or is looking through them more important?? Got me stumped on this one.
astromjr9

Fortress

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:35 pm

I told you I was moving along! I have been up the elevator and jumped across the the walkway to the fortress. Really cool! I found another cloth there but nothing else worked or turned on or moved. However I apparently traded my hardhat for an awesome spacesuit with a weird helmet. Am I missing something here?
astromjr9

water treatment plant

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:42 pm

Gor the train up and running. After entering the plant I found I think 3 swiches to turn on lights and turn on the larger windmill. I found the control panel and was able to stop the turning blades in the 4 tanks outside, empty the water, unlock the hatches, and enter the 2 wood tubes. Across from the control panel on the wall is a layout of the plant which shows all blue except the very back section. The walkway is broken to that area and the tunnel doesn't go back there so I wonder what I need to look for to get back there?
astromjr9

Future games

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Can you tell me if another CYAN games is in the works? Obduction was so worth the wait!!
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:02 am

1) That book you found is accurate. If you're not sure, do a search for "D'ni Numbers" and you'll find a translation. However, that only tells you the numbers of the plates, you still need the combination. In the prison, look through the bars and see if there isn't something there than can give you the final clue.

2) In Kadish Tolesa, those three scopes each have several moving parts. The Art gallery is actually the key to the whole age, and the picture of the scopes should be all you need to solve this. Try doing them in order, and see if you see anything happen when you finish adjusting the last one.

3) For Gahreesen, if you've found all the journey clothes, look down from that little island in-between the buildings. There might be somewhere you can jump too. If you don't have all of them, and you've explored everywhere, there might be another part of the Age that you can't get to. Try exploring Telehadn more.

4) The train thing is on Er'cana, which is part of the Path of the Shell expansion. I would recommend finishing the four ages from Uru Prime first before tackling these. I don't think you have to do it that way, but the story makes more sense. Personally, I wish Cyan had blocked access to the To D'ni and PotS expansion content until you had to avoid confusion, but they decided to give you pretty much everything up front.

5) The only one I've heard about is Firmament, about which we have zero details other than it's a VR game. Cyan also said they don't know if they're even going to make it, but they are looking for funding.

6) Just an observation, but most of the questions you're asking me seem to be that you're not doing enough exploring. This game requires you to go everywhere and look at everything, with many of the clues for a certain age being contained in another. The ages are also somewhat interconnected, where you have to go to one to get to certain places in another (see comment #3). Keep searching, looking in every nook and cranny. Also try and find the DRC notebooks in each age. They provide history and the purpose of each age, and can offer vital clues. If I remember right, they are often near the beginning of each Age.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby astromjr9 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:01 am

Lots of information here. I really do look behind every nook and cranny but I will keep looking. That's the fun part of the journey. When I can't get anything else to move or work anywhere that's when I need a little help. Thank you for the responses.
astromjr9

Postby astromjr9 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:55 pm

OK I'm tapping out on the prison. I have tried all the combinations I can think of and the lightbulb just isn't coming on. I have the map off if Sharper's desk, I have decoded the symbols into numbers. and I see the 7 digit switch on the back wall beyond the prison gates. Nothing......
Next hint please!
astromjr9

Next

Return to Hints & Tips