Uru

Warning: May contain spoilers.

Re: Uru

Postby Magic88889 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:37 pm

Alright. Assume those switches are numbered 1 through 7. The ones that are up indicate which plates you need to press down to open the gates. So if switches 1, 3, and 5, are up, then you need to roll the rocks/bones or whatever onto those plates. That will open the gates.

Unfortunately, as you'll see, this also closes another gate that lets you continue. There are two hints that might help you with that. First, you can turn the switches on and off, effectively changing which plates need to be pressed. Second, once the combination doesn't match, those gates take a couple seconds to close.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Re: locked myself out

Postby astromjr9 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:45 am

I seem to be making this harder for myself! I was roaming around the forest making sure I looked in all the nooks and crannies when I accidentally touched the cloth. Now the passageway to the round room beyond the scopes is closed and I can't get it open again. First I took a photo of each scope so I know exactly how they are suppose to look. I tried turning the scopes then resetting them back to the proper setting and the tree door won't open. Any idea what else works?
astromjr9

the complexity of URU

Postby astromjr9 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:01 am

URU is a very comlex game! I have played and finished all of the MYST including OBDUCTION games but URU has me stumped. How do I move forward from here?
1. Lever that is still locked up where the rotating telescope following the sun is
2. Lever is locked beyond prison gates on the walkway
3. nothing happens at the fortress
4. find no clues on how the round floor lights work beyond forest door
5. stone ball that I can roll behind the clock in the shell room doesn't appear to have any importance.
6. most of the balconies have nothing to offer but a great view.
7. Nothing going on at the ferry dock but a linking book.
8. The island surrounded by water has a cloth. I've swam all around and out to the buildings and found nothing else.
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:01 pm

1) Once you have the scope locked on the Sun and the whole thing is spinning, you've solved that part to turn the power on.
2) Lever seems to be broken. Maybe if you tried to force the bridge down.
3) There is a link to another part of Gahreesen in a part of Teledahn that you haven't been to yet. Get past #2 and see what you can find.
4) The clue is in the Gallery. The image there should tell you what lights to turn on to make the floor look like the image, and then you should follow the path of shadows.
5) This is related to a larger puzzle that spans the Path of the Shell ages, Ahnonay and Er'cana, along with the Watcher's Sanctuary. Leave that alone for now until you've solved the other ages. This is essentially the final part of the game.
6) True. They do serve some purpose when calibrating the Great Zero, but until you get to that point they just offer a nice view of the City.
7) The Ferry dock in the City? Yeah, not much purpose until you're calibrating the Great Zero. Although that linking stone might help you get around in Teledahn.
8) Island that's infested with Quabs? Big island with a waterfall in the middle of it? Big spire thing in the middle? Yeah, that's Ahnonay, the hardest Age in the game. I'm not even sure how to help you with that one, because I don't even remember half the sequence of events to solve that one. I'd still recommend solving the first 4 ages, and then calibrating the Great Zero before you tackle this, but if you insist, I can get you started. That spire has a number of lights on it. It is an indicator of the number of lifeforms in the Age. Try to see if you can get it to only one (yourself). Once you do that, use the linking book, and go through the hallway to the other linking book. This will give you a clue to the nature of the Age, although I'm not sure how helpful it will be to you to solve it. Just try and remember that not everything is as it seems. Exploration is key on this one. Ahnonay is the hardest, most complex Age in the game, but it is also the most spectacular one, especially once you've solved it.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Re: locked myself out.

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:04 am

I'm bound and determine to finish URU. Thank you for the above post. Gives me things to work at. However I have 2 posts if you look above the last one. I have locked myself out of the room beyond the scopes. I accidentally touched the cloth in the forest with the room door closed. I tried resetting the last scope but can't get it to open again. Do I need to re-do all the scopes again? I was perusing around the other forums and it doesn't look like anyone else is playing any of the games. MYST games has been a part of my adult life and I'm sad to see it end... :(
astromjr9

Postby Acorn1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:03 am

Bloomin' scopes, I hate 'em! Try resetting each one in the original order. If that doesn't work for you then you can reset the whole age via the book in your bookshelf - click the button below the book (working from memory here) and you get a dialogue asking whether you want to delete all your progress in the age. Say yes and you're back to where you started, and can set the scopes again from scratch. Good luck!
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Good news bad news

Postby astromjr9 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Good news bad news. Good news I found all 7 cloths where the prison age is and linked to where you touch the final hand and a totem pole pops up outside the shack where all the link books are. I also now have a waterfall and pond up behind the shack. Nice! I have searched Eder Gira thoroughly and the garden beyond for the 7th cloth. I found 2 in the desert and 4 in the garden. The only other place the 7th cloth must be is in the cave somewhere. I have been through the cave up to the waterfall, around the corner to the other cave entrance. Both passageways being pitch black it would be impossible to see a cloth in there unless I can get some light in there somehow.
Bad news; I reset the forest book 2 or 3 times which it does reset to a point. But it does not reset the scopes back to the original positions. They are still all set at the correct configurations to open the door to the round room. I even turned the scopes to different positions and then reset the book and that didn't work either. Now I'm really stuck! Help please!
astromjr9

good news bad news -2

Postby astromjr9 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:50 pm

P.S. I don't know what the original position is for each scope. Is there a way to get that info?
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:30 pm

1)The garden ages. You might find a way to light the caves in Eder Gira. Explore around the spitting trees towards the end of the Age. Does something seem to follow you?

2) I don't know what to tell you about the scopes. It shouldn't matter what the original settings are. The only thing I can guess is that they aren't set right. They can be tricky.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Previous

Return to Hints & Tips