Uru

Warning: May contain spoilers.

Re: Uru

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:38 am

Ok I'm dizzy pushing the 6 yellow button panel.....I'm out of bright ideas.
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:00 pm

The sequence is in the gallery, but I don’t remember the trick you need to translate what’s there to what buttons to press. I’m away atm and can’t look at it. I’ll be able to get back to you in a few days
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby Magic88889 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Alright. This one is actually almost identical to the last puzzle. You'll use the pillars with the spinning tops in the Gallery for this, and there are six numbers instead of 4, but otherwise the actual way you solve this one is the same.
Kadish even tells you what button to push first!
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

button panel

Postby astromjr9 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:46 am

Each button has 4 symbols. The spinning pyramids have 3 sides. Some symbols on the panel are shown twice but I don't find symbols that are not on the pyramids. If one symbol per button is what I am looking for what is the elimination process? Also on the panel the number 1 button has the number 1 on it. Is that actually the first one to push or is that just to throw me a curve ball?? :lol:
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:12 am

You should find each symbol on one of the pillars. Convert each one to a number so you have four numbers for each button. List them out like we did for the last puzzle so you can figure out which numbers are missing.

They give the first button to you to kind of give you the hint on how this works, but I'll go through it.

Button one: * 2 3 4 * 6

You'll notice that it's actually missing two numbers (as all of them will be), but since we know that this is the first button to press, we know that it's number one.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Final pillar

Postby astromjr9 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:57 pm

I Succeeded in the final puzzle, the final cloth and the final and fourth pillar. Sooooooooo now am I done?? I didn't get any sense of direction at to what comes next if anything. What about setting the Great Zero that you spoke of and the ball behind the clock and the the plant where the train is?? Where is my next clue if there is one??
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:51 am

Great!! You have one more task to finish the first part of the game. If you listen to Yeesha’s speech in the cave after you entered the last one, she says you must return the pillars. Maybe you should work on doing that.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

return of the pillars

Postby astromjr9 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Yes she did say the cycle of taking and giving back. I returned the 4 pillars and discovered the ground opening up. I jumped in it (of course) and fell into the desert where my journey began. The man at the trailer is not there nor is he in the hole where the tree is. I followed both barbed wire fences and no openings anywhere nor at the gate. I also visited the other places like the balconies, the ball and clock, the train, etc. and nothing has changed at any of the sites. I also visited the pillars and listened to the speeches but I didn't get any clues there. And there are no new books. ???
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:46 am

Go back to the cave again. There are some symbols on the wall. Where have you seen those before?
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby astromjr9 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:14 pm

Back to the cave. There is one symbol on the wall that is like a medallion. there are 4 different symbols on the floor in front of each pillar. That medallion is in a few places I found so far; on the backs of the brown and yellow books opposite the linking books. It is also on the wall above both book shelves. It's on the floor in the prison. I also went back to the New Mexico desert and re entered the tree where the medallion and other symbols are. Nothing I can touch although they do light up. I'm still drawn to the New Mexico desert for some reason like that mountain behind the barbed wire fence. Shall I keep exploring?
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Sorry. I meant the symbols on the floor. There should be four of them.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby astromjr9 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:19 pm

I remember those symbols back in the beginning where the cavern is in the New Mexico desert. I brought rain to the desert, listened to Yeesha, got the old man's funky shirt and a pair of goggles and a new book. That book has just 2 pages both of the NM desert one with the rain and one without. I've explored both and find nothing out of place new. Also re entered the tree only to view the glowing symbols on the wall. No clues there that ring a bell. I perused the other lands looking to a clue including that clock with the big stone ball next to it. I tried to get behind the ball because it looks like I could do something to the clock from behind it. Nothing on the front of it moves although there is a peg above it at 12 o'clock that looks like it needs to be engaged. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:43 pm

If you brought rain to the desert and heard Yeesha's speech then you've done it! You've completed the first part of the game, otherwise known as URU Prime. Now onto the To D'ni content. This is basically calibrating the Great Zero. You get to explore some of the neighborhoods and the big island Ae'Gura. See some of the sights only before seen in the books, ect. There is an "end" to this part once you get the Great Zero running, but start with that.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:17 am

great! I looked around CYAN site and the only place I find TO D'ni is here in the forum under hints and tips. Where do I find this?
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:09 am

You already have it. Uru Complete Chronicles contains both To D’ni and Path of the Shell expansion packs. Basically it is the books on the next section of your shelf. I believe you start with the yellow book with the starlike symbol on it. That’s the nexus book that will give you access to the great zero
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

PreviousNext

Return to Hints & Tips