Uru

Warning: May contain spoilers.

D'ni

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:53 pm

ok how many books in total should I have? I have 13 with the last one being a brown book that takes me to an island with a bay. the only yellow book I have takes me to a small round room with a pedestal. my only 2 link choices are to the ferry terminal and Bewin. I notice that there seems to be a book missing to the extreme right next to the brown book. Should I have one more?
astromjr9

Re: Uru

Postby Magic88889 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Sorry, skipped a step. You've got a bit of work to do before you get to the Great Zero.
First stop should be Douglas Sharper's office in Teledahn. You're looking for a journal that I believe is on his desk. It has a note on it with a picture of Kerath's Arch. That is the symbol for the To D'ni stuff. There's a hint in there about where to go next.

You should also explore the Ferry Terminal. It'll help later.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby astromjr9 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:20 am

I found the log and found the hint to go to Bevin and used the 3 colored lights to open a private room. That is the one that has the spinning egg in it. I never did know where Kirel is and I know there is a private room there also. Do the 3 colored lights also work for Kirel wherever it is?
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:43 pm

You must have missed it. There were a couple of linking books in the "Spy Room" that you found the color code in. One leads to Phil Henderson's Relto. See what you can find there.

Kirel is another neighborhood like Bevin. A mirror image of it, in fact. More importantly, the one you can link to belonged to the DRC, which is kind of the whole point of the To D'ni content, to wrap up the DRC storyline after Uru Live was cancelled.

Once you've gotten to Kirel, use the lights to unlock one of the doors, and see what you find.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Kirel spy room

Postby astromjr9 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:59 am

This is where I need help. The only way I could figure out Bevin's blue green orange code was to print out the TO D'NI NEIGHBORHOODS PRIVATE LINKS ROOMS under TOPICS. That's how I got the one in Bevin to open. But it talks about a map that shows the lights in the classroom which mine doesn't have. I have light light sequence for Kirel but that doesn't work with the lights on the bridge. I've tried all 3 sequences listed on the bridge;BOBOGOOBO BOBOGOOB ABOBOGOOB.
So I never did make it to Kirel. Help please!
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:12 am

Sorry, when you said you had the code, I had assumed that you had been to the spy room.

2.11.04 - Went to the spy room today and not quite the same anymore. I missed the intrigue and found myself saddened at the thought of it all going away. No reason to go through the trouble of making the backside secure anymore. Looking back, I realize how lax I was. Anyone could have found the Book. I assumed the backside of Teledahn was secure but it obviously wasn't. Not if they were all seeing Shroomie. And to think, if there had been two of them, all they had to do was close the door and their friend would have seen the Book. I guess none of it matters now, Don't suppose anyone will be going to the slave caves anytime soon. Oh well...

He's talking about how to get to the Spy Room. It is in the slave caves on Teledahn. You remember those? Where you needed to press down metal plates to open the cage doors. He tells us that if someone had a friend to close the door, they would see the book. Almost like it's behind some kind of secret panel. You don't have a friend, but you do have the journey cloths that can link you to different parts of the Age.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

kirel

Postby astromjr9 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:21 pm

I have found Kirel! How exciting to roam around the places I could only see through the scopes. I read carefully the instructions in the DRC book regarding the Great Zero. I did the Blue Green Orange lights and opened the spy room and upgraded my K1. I found the 5 blue GZM's and registered them at the calibration center. Then it gave me 15 red ones which I have found 12 of them. 2 of them are in the area of the library courtyard. I watch my K1 so when it starts flashing red I search that area multiple times and cannot find the GZM. I look up I look down I scan i walk backwards I jump and no GZMs and my K1 doesn't beep so how could it now be there?? :?
astromjr9

Postby Acorn1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:12 am

The GZMs can trigger the Ki from quite a long way away. I remember going nuts trying to find one round the side of the library and I think it turned out to be inside the library, but it triggered from outside. Similarly, I would get a signal in the schoolroom but it wasn't from a marker inside ;)
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Magic88889 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:17 am

Those markers can be anywhere inside the city. That means in each of the neighborhoods, in Ae'Gura, off cliffs, on rooftop balconies, and yes, even inside buildings. Keep looking.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

The Great Zero

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:48 am

I have set the Great Zero Machine in motion. I must say it's pretty impressive. Opposite the Great Zero machine is the shell like illuminated light that is flashing. So I visited the 3 books with that symbol and found nothing out of the ordinary. Have I missed a step?
astromjr9

link home book

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:47 pm

The book I use to link back and forth to the hut now has several pages of glowing green images I have collected along the way. They are pretty cool but do they have a function other than entertaining me?
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:55 pm

First lets finish the Great Zero part. First, did you finish calibrating it? I don't remember at what point that it starts moving, but you should see three symbols with number in you KI:

As you move around any of the areas in D'ni (the Great Zero, Ae'Gura, Kiren, Bevin), those number should change to indicate your location. If they don't you need to go to the very back of the Great Zero. There are 4 terminals that you need to activate and then find the associated Marker.

If you've done that, then there's one more task. Remember that journal from Sharper? Look at it again. Maybe there's something in there that you can use your fancy new GPS system with.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:26 pm

The Great Zero machine turns on with a beam of light after the last 4 markers are found one at a time which I have done. That was quite the task! I'm off to Sharper's journal!
astromjr9

Re: link home book

Postby Acorn1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:17 am

astromjr9 wrote:The book I use to link back and forth to the hut now has several pages of glowing green images I have collected along the way. They are pretty cool but do they have a function other than entertaining me?

If you click on a glowing green page, what happens? If you then leave relto and come back again, do you notice anything looking different? ;)
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

fancy GPS

Postby astromjr9 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:30 am

I've been on quite the journey! I found the coordinates in the journal and found the sparkling shell symbol and jumped through it. I read that journal which told me to take a leap of faith and jump off the ledge of the in the adjacent cavern. First time I saw the bright white light stating the end may not have been written. The second time I looked at the room below and thought it looked similar to the shell room where the clock and big stone ball are. But you just link back to the hut. In the meantime I went to Ahnonay and kicked all the crabs back into the water, linked to the hallway and back to Ahnonay. Wow! Water is gone and crystals everywhere. I touched one and it shattered so I broke all the others. Linked to the hallway and back again to Ahnonay and now the sky is black with stars and the island is in pieces floating to space. It looks like a may be able to jump to the time piece but that is where I am now and will try that next.
astromjr9

PreviousNext

Return to Hints & Tips