Uru

Warning: May contain spoilers.

green pages

Postby astromjr9 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:32 am

I now realize those green pages give me all my toys I play with. I acquired a new one; a stand in the corner with a button on the top. It plays music when I push it!
astromjr9

posted picture

Postby astromjr9 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:47 am

I don't recognize the picture from Gehn Shard. Where is that? It also has in red above it, "new MOULa: acorn1:, new ki: 57213
Is this a link to somewhere and if so where would I find it?
astromjr9

Postby astromjr9 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 pm

I've now tried several ideas on Ahnonay. I thought I saw something under one of the ledges but after jumping off several times in different locations I don't see anything. I even looked around the outside edges. The floating rocks are too far apart to jump onto except the 2 biggest ones. I went back to the 2nd link with the fog and tried some things there. The suspended mechanism doesn't seem to have any power. It's dark and I don't see any lights on it. Maybe I need to do something first since I've calibrated the Great Zero?
astromjr9

Re: posted picture

Postby Acorn1 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:29 pm

astromjr9 wrote:I don't recognize the picture from Gehn Shard. Where is that? It also has in red above it, "new MOULa: acorn1:, new ki: 57213
Is this a link to somewhere and if so where would I find it?

"new MOULa" refers to the official Cyan online version of Uru, which is sometimes called Myst Online. Maybe you weren't aware that there is an online version of Uru? It has its own forum https://www.mystonline.com/en/ There are some similarities with the offline game but some significant differences too. I refer to it as new because a while back, the vault had to be wiped and we all got different Ki numbers. [edit: But you probably don't know what a Ki number is, as this is one of the things that is different from the offline game.]

The Gehn Shard is a place where a Fan-run version of the online version of Uru can be played. If you visit the Guild of Writers (dot org), you can find out more. The Guild has its own forum too, and it's better to discuss the Gehn Shard there. My signature picture is indeed from a location only available (so far) via the Gehn Shard. But we hope that, some day, fan-made content can be added to the official Cyan game.
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Jan 17 posts

Postby astromjr9 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:49 am

Would you please re read my last post on page 5 or the one titled, "Fancy GPS"? On page 6 I followed up with a post on my searches of Ahnonay and the 3 stages of it (water, fog, night). There must be something I need to do elsewhere. I also went back and looked at the shell room. It must be connected in some way. What about the room below the cavern where you take a leap of faith? Do you ever really get to go there? I'm thinking the 2 rooms that have ceiling that you can fall into are the gallery and the shell room. Does this come in to play somewhere?? Thank you for the info on Gehn Shard!
astromjr9

Re:

Postby Acorn1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:29 pm

astromjr9 wrote:I've now tried several ideas on Ahnonay. I thought I saw something under one of the ledges but after jumping off several times in different locations I don't see anything. I even looked around the outside edges. The floating rocks are too far apart to jump onto except the 2 biggest ones. I went back to the 2nd link with the fog and tried some things there. The suspended mechanism doesn't seem to have any power. It's dark and I don't see any lights on it. Maybe I need to do something first since I've calibrated the Great Zero?

Have you seen any marker cloths on Ahnonay?
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Re: Uru

Postby astromjr9 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Yes one in the night mode which I touched and one on the island in the fog mode but I don't remember if I touched that one.
astromjr9

Postby Acorn1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:22 pm

Experiment with touching the cloth, then
[Reveal] Spoiler:
get a different version of Ahnonay and use the cloth icon in the linking book...
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

island hopping

Postby astromjr9 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:13 am

Interesting sequence of going from linking books to marker cloths in all 3 phases; water, fog and floating in space. In floating in space and water I can link to and from the island The water I can swim back to the main island but the floating in space I have to link back to the main rock. The fog has the walkway back to the main island. I used the linking books on the islands as well as going back to the hut and linking back and forth with the marker cloths and the linking page. I kind of to see how this works. What is my objective in doing this or what should I be looking for??
astromjr9

Postby Acorn1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:35 am

Have you
[Reveal] Spoiler:
got inside the tower on the island?
If you do, other things become possible.
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

(almost) inside the tower

Postby astromjr9 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:33 am

Oh so close! I am standing in front of the door ...closed of course. I looked at the symbol on the side of the tower which is like the hologram symbol in the shell room. So I went to the shell room and went through the whole process of going through the linking back and forth through the 3 phases, water fog and floating in space using the link book to the island in the room and through the hallway... I think getting into the tower has something to do with the shell room. I even went into the room with the clock and stone ball, closed the door then linked to the island thinking if one door is closed the other one will open. NADA
astromjr9

Postby Acorn1 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:40 am

Getting there involves using a cloth, you need to experiment a bit more ;)
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

closed door still

Postby astromjr9 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:54 am

I'm pretty sure the closed door has something to do with the cloth or cloths at the water treatment/train area. It has the same symbol on one of the canyon walls as what is on the tower on the island. I have tried doing something like touching the cloth, link back to the hut, go through the hallway to the island, back to the hut and link back to the island. I've tried this in various combinations including using the hallway via the shell room. So that's all I got!
astromjr9

Postby Acorn1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:40 am

The solution lies within the Ahnonay "worlds". If you touch a cloth in, say, water - and then change to, say, misty (without touching the cloth in that version), and then use the cloth in your book to navigate back, where do you end up? Then try the other pairings. Hope this helps. :)
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

working on it

Postby astromjr9 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:52 pm

I have been linking back and forth through the 3 worlds but I don't ever backwards. Like when I'm in water and link to misty and can't go back to water. I have to go to floating in the sky and then back to water. I'll work on this tomorrow. I do want to ask about the tower. I can link to the tower and there is a large crystal on the back side of it and link again and the crystal is gone. I've cycled through the 3 worlds with the crystal there, without the crystal there and even with me shattering the crystal. Is the crystal important?

P.S. I found another page with a bright symbol on it. Outside the hut is now a viewing screen that shows pictures I've taken! Pretty cool! How many of those pages are there in total?
astromjr9

PreviousNext

Return to Hints & Tips