Uru

Warning: May contain spoilers.

Re: Uru

Postby Acorn1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:57 am

Just to be crystal clear, when I said 'back' I simply meant return to Ahnonay.

By the way, it should not be possible to get to another version of Ahnonay if there are any crystals that you haven't shattered. Similarly, if there are any Quabs left. Have you worked out the display on the 'clock' in the middle of the lake/mist?
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:57 am

I was going to tell you to disregard my last post as I made it into the tower this morning!! WOOHOO!!
astromjr9

Postby Acorn1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:58 am

hooray! :mrgreen:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

2 towers

Postby astromjr9 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:11 pm

Very nice view from the tower. I've climbed the 2 ladders opened and closed the door and pulled the handle on the thing on the wall that makes a grinding noise. I've also turned the big wheel that goes left and then right. I have also linked to misty and have been inside that tower which has the ladders but no door of course or wheel or the lever that grinds. I looked out the window to see if perhaps the tower rotates. And the pendulum clock in the middle of the (water) bay hasn't changed. I also have been to the shell room and played again with the train. These surely are connected somehow. Should I stay with the 3 worlds?
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:35 pm

Have you tried going for a swim?
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

swim

Postby astromjr9 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:38 am

Well i did fall off the edge and swam back into the bay. I go for another swim....
astromjr9

swimming

Postby astromjr9 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:29 pm

The ocean is fake! I found the pipe behind the fake buildings. And I have gone through the 3 worlds touching the cloths in each. If I am correct I touched the lever in the tower in water and swam back to the pipe. I discovered that the lever in the (water) pipe makes the same sound but the door but the metal door didn't open. Once though in misty I touched the lever and the metal door opened where I walked to the end of the walkway and saw what looked like a large male statue was being built. Since then that door closed and I don't know what I did to open it in the first place! So I'm still working on opening those metal doors!
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:38 am

You're almost there! There is only one version of Ahnonay that the door opens. There are numbers on the walls to help you keep track of which one you're in. Play around with that and see what you find. When you get the door open, there is a ladder down. It's easy to miss which is why I'm telling you.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

helpful hint

Postby astromjr9 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:50 pm

Yep I did miss that ladder. Thank you for the heads up.
astromjr9

door closed still

Postby astromjr9 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:51 am

Well I would use the ladder if I could get the door open again! I've swam to the tower and I have turned the wheel to the right and to the left. I've touched the lever and then went to misty and tried the door and back to water and tried the door, I've touched the lever and went to water and tried the door and then to misty and tried the door. Plus other combinations I can't even remember now. :lol: So what would you suggest now???
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:12 am

You’re going to have to figure out how this age works in order to manipulate it to get what you want. Go to each version of the age and note the number in the middle of the design on the wall. That should give you a hint.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

numbers in ages

Postby astromjr9 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:30 pm

I noticed the numbers when I first opened the door. Water is 1 misty is 2 and on the other side of the room in misty is 3. I have been to all 3 sites numerous times in various orders. How important are the things in the tower like closing or opening the door with or without the red light? Does it makes a difference whether I turn the wheel right or left? Do I need only to touch the lever only once or once every time I cycle through the 3 worlds? Does any of this have anything to do with the numbers on the walls by door number 1 (water) or door number 2(misty). (I'm grasping for hints here)
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:18 pm

Ok, I apologize about the numbers. For some reason I thought there was a clue there. Guess not. Well, there is, but it's a bit obtuse. I was thinking it was more obvious. I'm doing a lot of this from memory, so you'll forgive me if I sometimes get it wrong.

The wheel only calms the water, and the tower door is just open or closed. Nothing there is going to affect anything.

What you're looking for is the secret to this age's inner workings. Kadish created this Age to prove that he was the Grower, who can supposedly manipulate time. Obviously, since you can make time jump here, Kadish was not the Grower, so there must be a trick to this Age.

I'm reluctant to give you the answer because this is a really cool secret. Maybe if I help you with the mechanics of the controls, that will nudge you in the right direction. There are three ways to advance "time" in this age. 1) The usual way of using the book on the pedestal and going through the cathedral; 2) The lever in the tower; 3) the lever near the door in the tunnel. Each one works a bit differently. I think you can easily tell the way the first method works. The lever in the tower works a similar way, just advances the age one version forward. You're just not required to link in and out. The upshot is that using this you can make it so you are in an "inactive' version of the Age. The one by the door, however, makes the version you're in the "current" version, or the version you would find if you used the linking panel in your Relto.

The big hint up there is the "inactive' part. Try messing around with that and the shell cloths by the door and see what happens.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

shell cloths

Postby astromjr9 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:27 am

The easy part is starting at water touch the cloth swim to the tower and touch that lever. From there I still have to go to Relto use the shell cloth to get to misty. I touch that cloth there and back to Relto to get on the mainland of misty. Now I need to go through the cathedral to get to space. When I tough the cloth there I am now in tunnel #3 however the door is now open and I can touch the cloth there. Back to mainland space through the cathedral and back to water. Now I have gone full circle without touching any of the switches by the doors. Now other change I can see except for the open door in space. I'm still going to need to tough one or more of those switches by the door to get it open and how do I know if I am still in the "inactive" part? Do I switch back to "active" if I go through the cathedrals? I can't get past misty without do that.
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:42 am

The one that is 'active' is simply the version that you link to when you use the linking panel on the book (either the one in the cathedral or the one in your Relto).

I think that at this point you might need just some heavier hints. Only use these if you are really stuck, because this will reveal all the secrets:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
The secret to this Age is that there is a 4th version. The normal way of advancing this always skips it. You have to find a way of manipulating things so that the shell cloth will linking you to the version before the active version, then make the first version active, and link to the inactive one. Make that one active and the door should open

If you need an explicit step-by-step guide on how to do things:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
    Cycle through normally to the Water version (1st version).
    Pull the lever in the tower. This makes the 2nd version active and this version inactive.
    Swim to the tunnel and touch the shell cloth there. This now makes the Shell cloth point to the version before the current active version.
    Pull the lever by the door. This makes the Water version active again. the Shell cloth will now point to the version before the water version.
    Go back to your Relto and use the cloth link. You should be in the 4th version.
    Pull the lever near the door to make this 4th version active. The door will now open.
    Feel free to use the linking panel from the book in your Relto as well to actually explore this version. Just don't use the book in the pedestal or pull any levers at this point or you'll have to start all over
    Once your ready, go through the door, down the ladder, and discover the true secret of this Age, and the final puzzle.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

PreviousNext

Return to Hints & Tips