Looking Forward to that Kickstarter ;)

Re: Looking Forward to that Kickstarter ;)

Postby ljbade » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:28 am

True they did mention tshirts you be going out early. Perhaps it is tshirt day?
My KI on the official server is 23543696 - feel free to add me
ljbade
Obduction Backer

Postby numinous » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:20 am

My thinking is that it's perhaps similar to the "Karl moved away today" clue. Maybe there is an abductee/contactee case that happened on January 6th? A Google search for "January 6 ufo abduction" gets plenty of results. I tried a few of the names at hiredark and obduct.me but no result so far.
DeviantArt page with my Myst replicas http://numinous80.deviantart.com/
Check out my Riven website "Riven Illuminated" at http://mystarchive.com/rivenil/
numinous
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:40 am

numinous wrote:My thinking is that it's perhaps similar to the "Karl moved away today" clue. Maybe there is an abductee/contactee case that happened on January 6th? A Google search for "January 6 ufo abduction" gets plenty of results. I tried a few of the names at hiredark and obduct.me but no result so far.

I reckon MoP was onto something with this one: - which names did you try, numinous?

MoP wrote:January 6th...
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby ccstat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:25 am

I've also tried
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Farley
in the usual suspects, but no luck. (That's the name in Content Update 1, spoilered in case anyone has more self control than I do and is still avoiding those.)

In the absence of new clues I think we can continue discussing here, but given the 121-page beast we're riding, I think it would be wise to start a new topic once the next lead is found. Especially since I agree with those who think there will be a shift in puzzle type in the post-kickstarter portion of the ARG, and the next thread will likely be a monster in its own right.

FYI, I've made some changes to the wiki page--mostly rewriting the pre-kickstarter stuff for clarity and flow. That rewrite took out most of the attributions of who-solved-what. I'm sorry if anyone feels I've deleted their recognition, that wasn't the intent.
ccstat
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:11 am

numinous wrote:My thinking is that it's perhaps similar to the "Karl moved away today" clue. Maybe there is an abductee/contactee case that happened on January 6th? A Google search for "January 6 ufo abduction" gets plenty of results. I tried a few of the names at hiredark and obduct.me but no result so far.

Don't forget to include hunrath.com in your testing too! ;)
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby Mystdee » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:06 am

Hey Obductees and Myst fans Time to pay it forward ! Vote for Neil Patrick Harris http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/votenow.jsp can also vote on Twitter:
also 1 RT = 1 VOTE, so if you see someone else tweet it RT to give another vote! To Vote on Twitter, Include this info in this order : Neil Patrick Harris #comedictvactor #PeoplesChoice
Mystdee
Obduction Backer

Postby veralun » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:13 am

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Neil Patrick Harris? :oops:
veralun
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:14 am

Awesome, thank you, Mystdee, and thank you, Neil Patrick Harris ... I just posted this on the MOUL forums and voted ... :D
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:18 am

veralun wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but who is Neil Patrick Harris? :oops:

I've researched some info and posted it a few weeks ago on the MOUL forums as I didn't know him before too ... He's very prominent as you will see and he had a great Twitter Promotion for us on his Twitter page when we were a bit stuck shortly before that million mark ... his fans pushed us over that mark actually ... :D
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby veralun » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:29 am

Thank you janaba.
I am not a Twitter person, so I must have missed this info.
You can call me a bit old fashion. ;)
veralun
Obduction Backer

Postby Mac_Fife » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:50 pm

I didn't know either, veralun, and was even more bewildered when people kept referring to "NPH" :? - I guess he's a much bigger name in the US than in Europe. I have never watched "How I Met Your Mother" (which I also found frequently abbreviated as "HIMYM" for further mystification ;)) but do vaguely remember "Dougie Howser, MD" from years back although I wouldn't have had the faintest idea who the star was.
Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.
Mac_Fife
Former MystOnline Moderator

Postby Ainia » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Acorn1 wrote:He's been tweeting - so it must be possible from Hunrath! Lucky he took his phone! :lol:

Or maybe he's landed somewhere near Salazar Jack? We know SJ was able to get a garbled message through earlier... and it appears that his signal strength is improving! :D

[[It will be fun to see how this parallel obduction mystery progresses!! See Forest of Kahruvel and Salazar Jack for the history and latest tweets!]]
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby catherwood » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:55 pm

ccstat wrote:In the absence of new clues I think we can continue discussing here, but given the 121-page beast we're riding, I think it would be wise to start a new topic once the next lead is found. Especially since I agree with those who think there will be a shift in puzzle type in the post-kickstarter portion of the ARG, and the next thread will likely be a monster in its own right.

Not only that, but the next phase will no longer have anything to do with Kickstarter, thus making this topic title rather confusing for people jumping on board later. Even if the ARG branches off something discovered in this thread, I do hope someone starts a new thread for our next path. (Probably not wise to start a new thread before there is anything new to discuss.)

btw, I assume NPH is known world-wide as Dr. Horrible (from his sing-along-blog).
00292608 on MOULa 00310046
00018203 on Minkata
00040424 on Gehn
catherwood

Postby GalvanicSpiral » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Ainia wrote:
Acorn1 wrote:He's been tweeting - so it must be possible from Hunrath! Lucky he took his phone! :lol:

Or maybe he's landed somewhere near Salazar Jack? We know SJ was able to get a garbled message through earlier... and it appears that his signal strength is improving! :D

[[It will be fun to see how this parallel obduction mystery progresses!! See Forest of Kahruvel and Salazar Jack for the history and latest tweets!]]

So this is not actually part of the Cyan ARG? Just a little confused, since this appears to be taking place in Second Life, and I'm not a participant in that MMO.
Freelance Writer

Staff Writer for AdventureGamers.com
Owner/Blogmaster of WriteFullCircle.com

Follow my Twitter: @WriteFullCircle

Known in the cavern as Ghal'vhen
KI# 00213143
GalvanicSpiral
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:28 pm

GalvanicSpiral wrote:
Ainia wrote:

So this is not actually part of the Cyan ARG? Just a little confused, since this appears to be taking place in Second Life, and I'm not a participant in that MMO.

GalvanicSpiral, so far as we know, this is quite separate. Although Cyan has reposted some of this info on their FaceBook and Twitter pages, I believe they are doing this in the same spirit that they post the other fan-created art and images we see there. I have not seen any official word one way or another though...
Last edited by Ainia on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)