Looking Forward to that Kickstarter ;)

Re: Looking Forward to that Kickstarter ;)

Postby zeke3651 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:34 pm

according to the interview by Rand in The Cavecon Party on ustream on mystonline forums It will be something completely new but have the same feeling as Myst. As far dni it would still be Myst. So it have to be something new.
zeke3651
Obduction Backer

Postby Baladria » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:09 am

When was that Cavcon Party? MOUL forums have disappeared.

Well the way I see it is this:

1) this year marks the 20th Anniversary of Myst
2) the acquisition of Myst at the Museum of Modern Art, NYC as part of their Applied Design exhibition (which is freakin' cool!!!) I'm going to shamelessly promote myself here: http://baladriaonmyst.blogspot.com/2013 ... games.html
3) the homepage of the new site shows screenshots only of Myst games, D'ni numerals and letters, and the CyanChat server is named Cho
4) the announcement of the updated site discusses the new logo as comprising elements of all the previously used logos together, as well as "looking back and looking forward"
5) the end of the announcement is THE tagline

Taking all of the above into consideration, to me, this says Myst related. Perhaps not the sort we've been used to in the single-player where we have actors playing roles (although it would be really amazing to see Rand make a cameo as Atrus again! But alas, Atrus' saga is clearly ended), but I should like to think it is very much involved with the D'niverse. Otherwise, with all those Myst references, it would just be cruel not to have a Myst-related game! :lol:

I just recently replayed most of the games, dipping once more into that obsession that keeps me awake until 3am. So when I found out that things are stirring here once more I nearly jumped out of my skin with excitement. I don't want to be wrong!

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Releeshahn. I mean, that's where the D'ni are! I would like to meet some of the full-blooded D'ni who aren't Esher, no?
Baladria
Obduction Backer

Postby Ahlisendar » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:59 am

Semi-related, but Cyan just tweeted this: https://twitter.com/cyanworlds/status/3 ... 6763113472
I think it's channelwood.
Enter text here
Ahlisendar
Obduction Backer

Postby Vector Cramp » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 am

Unless Cyan is being unoriginal, that is defiantly Channelwood. (If you look closely, you can see the walkways in the trees.)

Perhaps an updated version of realMYST for Mac and PC?
Vector E. Cramp:

Founder of MYSTAges
Self-declared Bahro Historian
Member of Mystitech Productions
Vector Cramp
Obduction Backer

Postby Eleri » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Vector Cramp wrote:Unless Cyan is being unoriginal, that is defiantly Channelwood. (If you look closely, you can see the walkways in the trees.)

Perhaps an updated version of realMYST for Mac and PC?

Someone pointed out on the G+ post that it looks like a much lusher, alive Channelwood, leading to the speculation that it could be a prequel to the Myst saga, which would be a very interesting direction to go in.
Storyteller, Creatrix, and maker of general mayhem
Unwritten RPG: http://www.unwrittenrpg.com/
KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.
Eleri
Obduction Backer

Postby Rivenian » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:53 pm

I believe the interview I linked, Rand says that their next release is realMyst for Mac and PC.
Rivenian

Postby Wafna » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:40 pm

zeke3651 wrote:according to the interview by Rand in The Cavecon Party on ustream on mystonline forums It will be something completely new but have the same feeling as Myst. As far dni it would still be Myst. So it have to be something new.

Listening to it again, I can tell that you are right. Aw, heek!
MOULagain KI: 00042417 00032066
Wafna
Obduction Backer

Postby dgelessus » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:49 am

Whait, Cyan is on Twitter? Enough reasons to make a Twitter account now...
Actually it does kinda look like Channelwood. However, I'm unsure about what the spiky stuff at the right is. A bit too long and too spiky for the broken bridge part...

Oh, and I felt free enough to grab the image, scale it up and make it brighter. I'd say that confirms all theories so far ;) Also, what's up with the shadows? I guess the lighting isn't completely dynamic yet...
[Reveal] Spoiler: Image

"Your images may only be 950 pixels wide." Well that's new...

PS: There is now a "dedicated" thread for this here.
MOULa2.dgelessus=32253
dgelessus

Postby weldergeek » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Wow.. haven't posted anything in this neck of the interwebs in a while!

I love Cyan and have been playing their games for almost 2 decades (which really doesn't seem right. lol). I loved URU and have tried to stay with it but, nearly 10 years is a looong time. I stopped showing up in the cavern about 3ish years ago but have been hopeful that something new would happen. I am *really* hoping Cyan has something amazing up its sleeves. I would be back on this bandwagon in a millisecond.

If I can dream though: I am in the mood for something pretty. Myst, Riven, URU etc. were *gorgeous* games and I have nothing against iOS things but, I miss being able to get lost in a game. Those beautiful ages were places I really enjoyed exploring (and the music I can still listen to for hours). Whatever the project is, Myst related or (most likely) not I hope it is something I would want to get lost in. iOS just isn't my genre. I play *very few* video games. I can't get lost in my phone (at least not the kind of lost that is enjoyable ;) ).

Anyways, it is awesome to see stuff still going on here! I hope Cyan is still around for another many decades to come.
*/wave to anyone who might remember me*

~Weldergeek
weldergeek
Obduction Backer

Postby greydragon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Eleri wrote:I'm the most excited by the fact that they won't have to deal with *publishers* mussing up their ideas anymore.

:D
Ryan Warzecha (greydragon)
Obduction Project Manager
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby greydragon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:02 pm

weldergeek wrote:*/wave to anyone who might remember me*

~Weldergeek

I still have the key chain and other items you made. :) I really should talk to you about some medal medallions I want to add to a wood door of my office. Very Myst related :)
greydragon
Cyan Employee

Postby weldergeek » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:55 pm

oooh really...?

Sending a PM your way.

~Weldergeek
weldergeek
Obduction Backer

Postby Eleri » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Wooo! Is a Weldergeek!
Storyteller, Creatrix, and maker of general mayhem
Unwritten RPG: http://www.unwrittenrpg.com/
KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.
Eleri
Obduction Backer

Postby weldergeek » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Hiya Eleri! Good to see you!

~Weldergeek
weldergeek
Obduction Backer

Postby greydragon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Where is everyone? Where is the wild speculation? The pages of discussion? Has everything moved to tumblr? I mean when someone leaks an image, you kind of hope for people to look at it.

What happened?
greydragon
Cyan Employee

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)