Looking Forward to that Kickstarter ;)

Re: Looking Forward to that Kickstarter ;)

Postby Ainia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:05 pm

edoublea wrote:Nope.

Think FARTHER.

GREAT clue edoublea!! I can't guarantee that I "get it", but I am intrigued by what I see here. There are at least three "oddities" I can put my finger on (and probably a bunch of others I haven't zeroed in on yet). I haven't yet fathomed whether there is something important about the who-where-what combinations...

(And holy heek, we are **soooo** out of shape! :roll: We've had a whole month now to get a clue and still need pinching and prodding!! :lol: Back on that treadmill, hustle, hustle, shake out those cobwebs!!!)

[Reveal] Spoiler: For what it's worth, my wild and crazy thoughts so far
FARTHER = A bunch of Cyan folk looking at/pointing at something in the distance

• There is at least one person missing from the photo (though he might have been behind the camera)
  • Everyone is deliberately posed and there are some really important themes about directions in the poses
  • People's positions seem to be forming a meaningful shape, though I haven't nailed down what that might be (there are a number of vague resemblances I've been pondering, though)
Other noteworthy items:

• Most (but not all) people are wearing the same clothing in the group shot that they wore in the individual shots
  • The theme of eating may be important, perhaps an oblique reference to something
  • I haven't found anything "clue-ish" in the page source code... yet

And quite honestly greydragon, I have been wondering what was up ever since you so "innocently" started showing up on the MOULa forums back in March!! ;) It now appears that you and edoublea have been up to something for a while!! :D
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby Samsbase » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:11 am

i'm not sure of the american names of all the foods they have could someone list them ?
The ending will never be written as long as the called remain to continue on the path of those who came before
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cyaninc/obduction/
Samsbase
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:31 am

Shorah Samsbase,

Here's what it looks like to me:

• Rand is eating a bagel with cream cheese
  • Tony is eating a hamburger
  • Rich (RAWA) is eating some D'nitos
  • Mark (Chogon) is eating an iPad
  • Vicki (Tor'i) is eating a dessert of some sort (peach cobbler? pineapple cake?)
  • Karl (smapty) is eating a hamburger
  • Jason is holding a glass of water
  • Hannah is eating a hamburger
  • Lauretta is eating a hamburger
  • Jeremiah (Castro) is eating the last of a hamburger
  • Austin is drinking something from a cup
  • Marc is eating a hamburger
  • Mike is eating a hamburger
  • Josh (RumbleRay) is eating a pork rib
  • Kara is eating some soup (and holding her iPhone)
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:45 am

Shorah again,

And just for good measure, here are a couple annotated versions of the group photo:

Have at it folks!! Gotta go! :D
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby tommyap » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:35 am

Eder Cyan looks cool. I want it.
tommyap
Obduction Backer

Postby Malfhok » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:24 am

Isn't this a misquote?

"The stone is hard. But the drill is patient."

I thought it was "the rock cutter is patient"…
Cosmic Osmo for iOS is a must!
Malfhok
Obduction Backer

Postby Ainia » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:55 am

greydragon wrote:However Montana has some nice trees, ever think of looking over there?

Perhaps some Cyan folks looking and pointing eastward toward Montana? (Which would mean the camera is facing southward...)

greydragon wrote:
Malfhok wrote:I. Anybody know who from Cyan is on Twitter?

Smart move. Though I think that image has more to it if you start to "google" over it...

Perhaps a reference to to how Google memes spell out "google"? Is there a 20th anniversary meme buried out there somewhere??

And Twitter offers some interesting conundrums:

Thoughts please!! :D
Last edited by Ainia on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Ainia
Obduction Backer

Postby Tai'lahr » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:05 am

Wow, this thread has gotten confusing - or maybe you serious puzzlers are just faster than I am. So... is it the picture of balloons that we're supposed to be studying? Well, that's what it looks like to me - colorful balloons under a net and cellophane. Maybe they're going to release something attached to balloons which will take it farther and it's futile to speculate about where it might land. :D

And, the quote should be "The rock is hard. The rock cutter is patient."
Tai'lahr
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Postby Samsbase » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:14 am

Relto's stuff has been denounced as fan-made by cyan already dont confuse the two here :)
The ending will never be written as long as the called remain to continue on the path of those who came before
Samsbase
Obduction Backer

Postby dgelessus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:43 am

Well, that easter egg thing is interesting. Now the file I found in locations where I should not look by means that I am not to talk about here makes a whole lot more sense.

Oh, and Mr. Blue is not Jeff Dunham IMO. The blue guy has a different face and is also younger.

PS: Which image are we trying to "solve" now?! This is really confusing.
MOULa2.dgelessus=32253
dgelessus

Postby Samsbase » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:59 am

Just been told the employees page isn't part of this either

I think we need to try and decipher the words on the UI on the right hand side of the picture

I think I can make out, Input, Blueprint, audio, lights
Samsbase
Obduction Backer

Postby Malfhok » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:24 am

I've been seeing a lot of confusion, even after greydragon's final hint. Here's an attempt to summarize what we know so far.

We're looking at this image: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... nt_count=1

Clues

When asked if this is related to The Witness (Eric Anderson's other project), we got this:

edoublea wrote:Nope.

Think FARTHER.

In response to speculation that this involved The Starry Expanse project, greydragon said:

greydragon wrote:Well you are barking up the wrong tree thinking it has to do with Starry Expanse... Love those guys, love that project, but we are working on our own thing.

However Montana has some nice trees, ever think of looking over there?

Also, we have this hint:

greydragon wrote:Though I think that image has more to it if you start to "google" over it...

From the original Facebook image post, we have these:

Samsbase wrote:"...I have tried to speculate where it might have landed, and I must admit however, such conjecture is futile..." -opening voice over to myst
"The stone is hard. But the drill is patient."
"We write, we control ourselves, we are seen." (BoD p819)
[next one i think is a joke]
"The water flows...my socks are soggy" - Ancient D'ni Proverb. (possible joke)

Theories

Ania suggests that something might be hidden on the Cyan Team page. She's posted a list of foods being eaten by each Cyantist and a couple annotated versions of the Team picture.

It's also been suggested that this might have something to do with the Relto Twitter account.

Both of the above have been labeled false by Samsbase, though no source was given for dismissing the Cyan Team page theory.

Important Notes

Remember that we're in the Kickstarter thread, which Rand officially said was for a Not-Myst project. From the DMR interview, around 6:20: "Yeah, we're definitely a little ways down the road trying to plan a Kickstarter thing. We have decided it's something new. […] We ultimately settled on something new that hopefully echoes back to the same feeling we provided when people landed on the dock in Myst for the first time. […] We're going for the same feeling and the same kind of amazing desire to find out where I am now, why I'm here, what went on here. But it's maybe nothing to do with Myst in particular. And I'm sure I've said way, way, way too much, but we're actually kind of excited about it."

Think Not-Myst, in other words. I don't think we're going to find much in D'ni sources, although the quote from the opening of Myst could possibly tell us otherwise.
Malfhok
Obduction Backer

Postby Samsbase » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:40 am

http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/cyaninc

Well I found this :)

EDIT: Trying to look at projects that could connect to the image still trying to work out what the words in the image actually are
http://ryanwarzecha.com/wordpress/
http://www.edoublea.com/

hope this helps a little
http://www.tbhorder.com/data/pfs/1476-uiimprovement.jpg
Samsbase
Obduction Backer

Postby Malfhok » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:32 am

I don't think the words in the image are all that important. They look like controls for a game engine or 3D modeling software package to me.
Malfhok
Obduction Backer

Postby Zardoz » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:06 am

greydragon wrote:However Montana has some nice trees, ever think of looking over there?

This is completely in the wrong direction, but the state tree of Montana is the Ponderosa pine - which is the tree that grows in your Relto....

:o

Also, Eric Anderson made a video for the Montana Lottery a number of years ago, but I didn't see any trees in it...

:shock:
Zardoz
Obduction Backer

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)