Mysterium 2014

General discussion about Cyan products / the company.

Mysterium 2014

Postby jonboy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Hey guys.

I've been searching a bunch of different Myst sites/social media for updates on Mysterium, seems like there was some great presentations. I thought I'd make a thread here for everyone to post videos/pics/news that they find, so we have a central source of info!

So far the only thing I can share is the photos Cyan recently uploaded to their facebook of an early prototype of Obduction:
https://www.facebook.com/CyanGames

Anyone else have any goodies to share? :D Looking forward to seeing the Starry Expanse presentation and the Q&A with Rand and Robyn!
www.jonasquith.com - Animation, Motion Design, Music. Check out my work (if you want to...)
jonboy
Obduction Backer

Re: Mysterium 2014

Postby WeldFord » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:10 pm

Good idea !

Someone uploaded the live stream video and chat on Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... mRJXshbjUd

I guess we will have on official clear recording coming soon also.

Searching for #Mysterium and #Mysterium2014 on Twitter could also help.
WeldFord
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:37 am

Explorer Draaloff recorded them. Not sure if there will be other recordings but kudos to Draaloff for saving the day and getting his recordings up so fast. :mrgreen: There were problems with the official recordings because their laptops ran out of memory and the files got corrupted. :roll:

Edited: Draaloff isn't yet registered to use the Cyan forums so has asked me to post the following message on his behalf:
Draaloff wrote: please say that there will be a total of 4 videos, and that they contain all of the streaming. 3 videos are ready, but the 4th is still uploading... Hopefully before my holiday starts (in under 24 hours), or there could be a large delay. It will show up eventually! But hopefully before my 2 and a half week holiday starts.

This website was capturing some of the other outcomes: http://mysterium.tumblr.com/
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Visian_Thistle » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 pm

I've got some photos (though I make no claims about the quality). Visit my Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jenny.hane/med ... 328&type=1 Let me know if you have any problems viewing or downloading them -- the album is set to public, so it should be okay.

This was my first Mysterium and I want to let everyone know that I had a great time.
Visian_Thistle
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:12 pm

This is sooo awesome, thanks, Weldford for posting those videos here, I've missed the great sound checks and thus Taniith as Esher etc. lol and of course everything that happened in my nighttime ... :P

And please, Acorn, give a big big hug to our Draaloff, wow, what a mighty job and service, and he even added time markers to comfortably jump to the preferred sections in the video ... 8-)

Visian, I cannot view your pictures btw., I just get to see your favorites and don't see anything in games ... (I'm not on Fb) ... :)

Now please have all a look into this, which just came in from Cyan Fb through my RSS feed ... Here is the direct link to that awesome 'Myst Online Unreleased Concept Art' Dropbox archive resp. gallery for us all to indulge in ... Enjoy ... :D
MO:ULa is Image - Minkata Image
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby aloys » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Big thanks to everyone releasing photos & videos! For all those of who haven't been able to attend it makes the pain a little more bearable. ;)

janaba1 wrote: Here is the direct link to that awesome 'Myst Online Unreleased Concept Art' Dropbox archive resp. gallery for us all to indulge in ... Enjoy ... :D

Oh my... :shock: That's like, Pandora's box opening right in front of us.. There was a time where that kind of material would have kept some of us busy speculating for years. :lol: Actually, some of those pictures answer many age-old questions..
Thank you so much Spokane peeps for that treasure trove!
aloys
Obduction Backer

Postby Acorn1 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Thanks for posting your pics, Visian_Thistle, they were great and complemented the livestream really well :D as we hadn't been able to see WWAD or the costumes.

I forwarded the link to Draaloff because he is very keen to collect any pics he can get hold of. He was particularly keen to get a pic of his paper person enjoying the convention. (I think from his comments on the livestream chat that AlanD was too.) If anyone knows of any such pics, it would be great if we could get them to Draaloff! I feel he has earned them!

I passed on your thanks to him, janaba. Incidentally, buried somewhere in the livestream chat is a line from me thanking you for posting the link to the mysterium tumblr page. ;) :lol:

Finally, those concept art pics - as you say, aloys, what a box of treasure! And the exchange on Facebook which you may not all have seen:

Daniel Sadowski So many amazing Ages that will never be

Cyan Inc. Daniel Sadowski - an announcement about that coming soon.

What can they mean - ooh! :mrgreen:
new MOULa: Acorn1; new Ki: 57213
Acorn1
Obduction Backer

Postby Visian_Thistle » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:55 am

Here's a better link to my photo album for people who don't have a Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 3a1a4b5e04
Visian_Thistle
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:05 am

Oh, wow, thank you, Visian, yes that link works for me, and what beautiful pictures that are and even with descriptions, many thanks again ... :D

And great that you could pass on my appreciation to Draaloff, Acorn, thanks ... :)
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby AlanD » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:51 pm

Acorn1, you are correct, anyone who has a pic of the paper people I'd like to see how they were displayed, and if anyone had a bad reaction to my "Sharper" hat :shock:

Draaloff's coverage of Saturday seems to be comprehensive, but so far he's posted nothing from Friday, which is not surprising because the livestream feed went bad on us quite early, halfway through Ainia's presentation. I'd been looking forward to that, and was disappointed that we didn't get to hear the end of it or any of the questions. Is there any chance of a video from the con organisers, or are the files all bad :(
KI numbers:
11981 AlanD
12305 AlanDJ
AlanD
Obduction Backer

Postby Tweek » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Acorn1 wrote:Thanks for posting your pics, Visian_Thistle, they were great and complemented the livestream really well :D as we hadn't been able to see WWAD or the costumes.

I forwarded the link to Draaloff because he is very keen to collect any pics he can get hold of. He was particularly keen to get a pic of his paper person enjoying the convention. (I think from his comments on the livestream chat that AlanD was too.) If anyone knows of any such pics, it would be great if we could get them to Draaloff! I feel he has earned them!

I passed on your thanks to him, janaba. Incidentally, buried somewhere in the livestream chat is a line from me thanking you for posting the link to the mysterium tumblr page. ;) :lol:

Finally, those concept art pics - as you say, aloys, what a box of treasure! And the exchange on Facebook which you may not all have seen:

Daniel Sadowski So many amazing Ages that will never be

Cyan Inc. Daniel Sadowski - an announcement about that coming soon.

What can they mean - ooh! :mrgreen:

It'll be about this - http://invertedpixel.tumblr.com/post/93 ... evelopment
Tweek
Obduction Backer

Postby jonboy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Thanks for all of the links everyone, some great stuff here!!

Now if we could just get that Obduction demo and the Starry Expanse stuff in a nice high quality video, I'd be a very happy fan :D
www.jonasquith.com - Animation, Motion Design, Music. Check out my work (if you want to...)
jonboy
Obduction Backer

Postby aloys » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:26 am

Only mildly related but: Justin.tv just died. :shock:
Good thing it didn't go under three days sooner.. :?
Was that announced or expected in some way? On saturday I certainly didn't see any message of the sort on the site.
Guess we won't be using that service next year...
aloys
Obduction Backer

Postby janaba1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:48 am

I think it is just wonderful how the Mysterium just got through this, like an unbeknown last farewell or a farewell party, and it will be Twitch.tv as they say, I don't know how useful and/or reliable that is for the communities purposes, but there'll be other and better solutions, definitely ... :)

Besides that, CalumTraveler aka Calumon posted some Mysterium pictures on the Moul forums today, and I think it's ok to post them here too as this thread is dedicated to post Mysterium awesomeness ... So, here's the direct link to his beautiful pictures ... :D
==============
==============
I'd like to add now some more awesomeness provided by our Calumon on the Moul forums as he, a few hours ago, posted a link to his YouTube channel where he's about to slowly, as time permits, filling up a Mysterium playlist with lots of small exciting close-up video clips for us to enjoy ... Please have a look into this playlist, which already contains two short videos and stay tuned for further additions ... :P
janaba1
Obduction Backer

Postby jonboy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:48 pm

The Starry Expanse guys have uploaded a video of the demo they showed at Mysterium :)

http://www.starryexpanse.com/2014/08/06 ... d-in-game/
jonboy
Obduction Backer

Return to General Discussion