Uru

Warning: May contain spoilers.

Re: Uru

Postby Magic88889 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:27 am

In that final office area there is a link to a cave much like the ones that had those pillars that you went around collecting at the beginning of the game. This one has two levels. The top level has a huge hole in the middle leading to the bottom level, which has a pool of water in the middle. That's the Bahro cave I'm talking about. It can only be reached via the lining stones at the end of Ahnonay and Er'cana.

If you look at your bookshelf in your Relto, at the top of each book there is a metal tab. On each tab is a symbol. The first several books has that hand symbol of them, and reperesent that part of the game that we refer to as Uru Prime (it was the part that was included in the original release of Uru). The next few books have a depiction of the Arch of Kerath (looks like a stretched out trapezoid) and represent the content included with the "To D'ni" expansion pack. The final books have that shell symbol on them and represent the content included in the "Path of the Shell" expansion pass. When I talk about the PotS books, those are the ones I mean.

For names, you really should be reading the DRC books that are scattered around. One is right next to where you found the linking books to Ahnonay and Er'cana back in the Watcher's Sanctuary (the Age with that big stone ball behind the door). Those journals, besides providing the names of places) also give a lot of context to those ages, provide the "story", and can sometimes offer valuable clues in order to complete those Ages.

You are done with Ahnonay, the Ahnonay Cathedral, and those things. You should be moving on to Er'cana, the other age on you shelf. Easiest way to recognize it is the Age with the elevated train tracks. If you don't have this book, go back to where you originally got the book to Ahnonay and check out what you missed.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

the books

Postby astromjr9 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:12 am

That's a lot of great information. I do know those books in Relto are in sections according to the metal tabs above them. As the game is very complex I try and keep all of that information straight in my head. I also have read all the DRC books plus the books on the opposite side of the linking books in Relto and that's a brain full!! I still wouldn't have gotten this far without your help though... :lol:
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:18 pm

More than happy to help. It's actually been kind of fun to go back through these old puzzles and figure them out again.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Er'cana

Postby astromjr9 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:00 am

I still would love to see another "Obduction" come out some day. I have been a gamer all my life and the MYST series have always been at the top of my list!

Ok you know I have been all around Er'cana and before and I'm down to that control panel inside the water plant. I'm guessing I need to empty the one tank that is always full of water no matter what I do at the control panel? Is there a clue on the other side of the room with all the blinking lights??
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 am

There are three controls to each of the mixers? that you can toggle on or off. Some of them don't work, but in general you have the water, the blades, and something in the center. Might be a good idea to go out and investigate exactly what that control does.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

water plant

Postby astromjr9 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:17 pm

Well I started out by emptied the water in the 3 tanks that I can operate, unlocked the ladders, and stopped the blades. Then just like I knew where I was going I went outside to the broken screen and went through the pipe and behold! I came up at the building behind the tanks! Working the slide bars at the 4 mechanisms all the way up puts more time the the times. The gauges at the bottom of each slide bar doesn't move but maybe they represent something each like water levels, timer, ?? Anyway the light on each mechanism turns yellow and I make a mad dash for the button that raises walkway but it never goes all the way up so I can jump off. Is the slide bars my answer here??
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:16 pm

That platform goes up part way and then stops. Is there something preventing it from going up all the way? Is there something you maybe can do to fix that?

Also, those ovens have a lot of settings. Maybe you should come back to messing with them when you have an idea of what you need to set them at.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

The platform

Postby astromjr9 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 am

Those are ovens? Good to know. The platform still doesn't go all the way up. So the only thing I can maneuver are the 3 water tanks, the stone wheels that turn in a circle, and the the stone ball in the other shell book . I did move it back up the ramp and linked from the shell room to Er'cana. I also played with the 3 water tanks and I haven't come up with a fix yet. I even tried to jump off the platform to see if there was something underneath I could move. I didn't anything else in the tunnels either.

FYI: I will be on vacation March 9th to the 23rd
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:20 am

You’re missing something at the control panel. Go back and take a closer look at it. There should be some buttons to control the map.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

control panel

Postby astromjr9 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:52 pm

Yep, I didn't realize I needed to push the button on the control panel once more to the left. I turned off the ovens and were able to get the platform to go all the way up. I explored the catwalks, ladders, and the other linking books. I found myself in a room with 3 symbols and a pool of water. If I'm right they represent the settings on the ovens from left to right; 40, 30, 20. I then made my way back to the control panel and turned the ovens back on. I'll work on those tomorrow.
astromjr9

ovens

Postby astromjr9 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:10 am

I have been baking metal bars (or perhaps bread? :lol:) in the ovens. Then I would transport them to another world with the same mechanism. It would scan the bar and then drop it into what looks like a huge vat of acid. First batch there were 4 bars and when they fell into the vat they would just bubble. Second batch there were 5 bars. 1 bar was automatically rejected and fell straight through. The other 4 I transported to the other world and dropped them into the vat. This time when they hit the acid there was a bright ring of white light. Still checked the upper lever there and I'm assuming that big metal door in front of me is suppose to open?? Maybe I'll try and bake another batch??
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:10 am

Ok good. You're almost there. That machine analyzes the pellet you made to see it it has the right recipe. The meter should go up all the way, and when the pellet drops to the water below a bright light should result. One you have all the ovens making the correct recipe, you're ready to move on.

You are now ready to unlock the secret of the Bahro cave. There is a linking stone next to the book that leads to the machine. Why don't you try taking one of the pellets there instead?
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Bahro Cave

Postby astromjr9 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:54 pm

I made another batch of pellets and threw one into the pool. In fact I threw all of them in the pool. Then I looked around to see what changed. I visited the upper and lower pools, rode the tram, and turned on the timer on the shelf. I keep looking at the paper next to the timer that shows the pools and a circle with the numbers 6:26. When 6:26 came into the window of the timer I linked to the pool or I closed the window shutter and other crazy things. I even perused the other shell books. I have the right recipe for the pellets so did they do what they were supposed to do??
astromjr9

Postby Magic88889 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:02 am

Ok,the next step relates to the prophesies of the Grower. Kadish claimed he was the Grower, but as we have systematically discovered, he was a cheater and a liar who only claimed to be the Gower for the money and power that would come with it. He did not actually possess the mastery over time and space that was prophesied.
However, as she's tried to demonstrate to you, Yeesha does. The clearest evidence you need is your Relto, but there are other examples too.

Most relevant here is that the Grower is supposed to have control over time. That was the purpose of Ahnonay, for Kadish to show that he could do that. Since Yeehsa helped to reveal that Kadish was a liar and a cheat, bit makes sense that she would also then demonstrate that she could manipulate time.

With all this in mind, go back to the office in Ahnonay and poke around. There is a clue there that maybe didn't make sense the last time you were there.
Magic88889
Obduction Backer

I'll be back.

Postby astromjr9 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:35 am

I have been poking around the office and looking at that paper next to the timer. I think the answer is there but I'll be back in a couple of weeks to continue my adventure!
astromjr9

PreviousNext

Return to Hints & Tips