Upload pics

Have something you made that was inspired by Cyan / Cyan games? Show it off here!

Upload pics

Postby Sliman studios » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:50 am

I wish this forum had an upload button so I could just upload my pictures from my phone of the movie props that I am building currently for this film period because for some reason every time I upload it either I'm not doing it correct or don't know how but I cannot get pictures to be viewed by everybody else. If anyone knows how to do it and can help me out I would love it.
Sliman studios

Re: Upload pics

Postby Magic88889 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 am

Most fourms, like this one, do not have space for people to upload pics beyond small avatars. It is because of the huge space demand that would require, plus the possibility that people would link them on other sites which would cost Cyan huge amounts of bandwidth that they don't have.
So, you have to host you pictures elsewhere.

1) Upload you pics to a hosting site. There's plenty of them out there, but make sure you find one that allows hot-linking. Otherwise all you'll be able to post here are thumbnails. I like imgbox.com or postimage.io because they are simple, free, and the interface allows things to be well organized. There's also photobucket, but I find their site slow. There's tons of them out there so find one that works for you.

2) After uploading you will be given a number of links. Usually you'll want the "direct link" option. This is the actual URL of the picture. Copy that.

3) Come here, and put that copied URL in image tags, like this:
Code: Select all
[img]IMAGEURLHERE[/img]

That will do it! Remember your image host has to allow hot-linking otherwise this will not work!

Here's an example. I used imagebox to host the pic. Copied the picture URL, and the pasted in between the img brackets:

Code: Select all
[img]https://i.imgbox.com/RNkjRmjq.jpg[/img]

Magic88889
Obduction Backer

Postby Sliman studios » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:08 am

Cool thanks ill try it out
Sliman studios

Postby Sliman studios » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Thanks i think it worked......
Sliman studios