Rift Version

Rift Version

Postby Juanleon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 am

Just finished the game using the Oculus Rift for the first time. IMHO the game was more fun and the navigation was easier. It helped to see the spherical themes in 3D. In the 2D version I never quite "got it." Also, travelling down the tree in 2D I often got turned around and headed back up. That won't happen in 3D as you have the sense of going downhill. No crashes, no issues.
Juanleon
Obduction Backer

Re: Rift Version

Postby azel » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:11 pm

VR makes me seasick. It seems to happen to many people, even reviewers. I had high hopes for VR, but it looks like it makes so many people sick that it will never be that popular. Companies can't make VR games for such a small audience. (I could be wrong.)

Speaking of Obduction, I enjoyed it until I got to the maze. That is where I give up on the game. Too many puzzles and not enough character interaction and story. I still enjoyed what I did play, but I just didn't feel like doing only puzzles. Riven had a balance of both story, characters and puzzles. But anyway, I'll buy the next game CYAN makes, so they still have a customer.

Azel
azel

Re: Rift Version

Postby Juanleon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Yes, I must admit I will always have a soft spot for Uru. The backstory was so rich, the tie-in with Myst and the (admittedly few) characters made it my fave... Along with the expansion packs, of course!
Juanleon
Obduction Backer

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION (No Spoilers)