Problems with GoG downloads of 25th Anniverary Editions

General discussion about Cyan products / the company.

Problems with GoG downloads of 25th Anniverary Editions

Postby Texana » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:05 pm

I used my e-mailed code at GoG and saw the seven games and selected them all for claiming. Then GoG did a nasty. They deleted my seven game list and substituted a four game list and now they claim I have used up my download code! The problem is that I had already purchased older editions of three games several years ago. Now I cannot get the updated versions at all via GoG. Something needs to be done about this, as I am sure I am not the only one with this problem. Please find a way to get updated versions to folks who have the older ones!
I'm not crazy; I'm just a little impaired!
The Goodies List
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11329
Texana
Obduction Backer

Re: Problems with GoG downloads of 25th Anniverary Editions

Postby Morgon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:56 pm

Unless there is a different edition for the backers you should always get the most up to date version on GOG to download. For me the Myst games I already did own are shown as updated in my games library. I did not check if they had been before I used my code, but I think they were as I already had been logged in when using the code and it listed these games as owned.
Morgon
Obduction Backer

Postby korovev » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:27 am

There is no special backer edition. The key will only show the games you were missing; those you already have should be updated (even without the backer code), automatically if using Galaxy, else you’ll need to download the updated installer*. If they aren’t updated, you should contact GOG support.
In Galaxy the game version is displayed next to the More button. At the moment of this post, the latest versions should be:

Myst ME: 1.0 SVM UPDATE
Riven: 1.2 SVM UPDATE2
Exile: 1.27 RVM
Revelation: 1.03
End of Ages: 26572662
Uru CC: 1.0 HOTFIX2
realMyst ME: 2.1

* Note that GOG doesn’t store older versions of the installers, so you might want to keep them if you have them.
KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Get tweets from the GoMe.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.
korovev
Obduction Backer

Postby rastergrafx » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Cyan addressed this problem in their latest Kickstarter update:

We are aware of an issue some Backers have run into when redeeming their Myst 25 code at GOG. It appears that if all the check boxes were not checked for all 7 games, only the games whose check boxes were ticked will be added to the Backer's account.

If this has happened to you, please link to GOG SUPPORT immediately so they can begin working their magic (resetting your individual code) and get all the games you pledged to own into your account.

If anyone still has not received a survey, please use the link provided in Kickstarter Update #28 to request Blackbox RESEND your survey to the email you used to back the project. Here's the link to the RESEND SURVEY FORM.
rastergrafx

Postby Texana » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:08 pm

Thanks, I will check to see if my games have the latest updates, its good to know what to look for. BTW, I got the Kickstarter update and contacted GoG. This is what they said:

"Hello,

I'm sorry that it is not possible to redeem a second copy of these games if you already have them on your account.

If you would like to gift the remaining games to your friends, please contact Cyan Support for further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,"

Edit: I checked and one game did not have the latest update. I got that taken care of :)
I'm not crazy; I'm just a little impaired!
The Goodies List
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11329
Texana
Obduction Backer

Postby Rudolfson » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:51 am

edit out

MR
--- in our hearts our dreams are still the same ---
Rudolfson

Postby Christian Walther » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:50 pm

The Mac versions are not available yet. If I understand correctly they will be provided as updates to the Windows versions, not as separate products, so if you got the Windows versions already (from Kickstarter or elsehow) you will automatically get them as well.
Christian Walther
Obduction Backer

Postby Altairien » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Rudolfson wrote:I only supported the kickstarter on the first level. Upon reading a followup newsletter I read that new mac versions also were funded and released. Those could be fun to buy for a couple of the games. I can't find them on gog. Is there a knack to it?

MR

I'm unsure which newsletter you're talking about, but my understanding is that not all Mac versions have been released yet.

Cyan, July 3, 2018 update wrote:What is the difference between Steam and GOG?

Steam and GOG are companies that provide digital downloading of games. The difference between GOG and Steam as it relates to the Myst 25 collection is simple - GOG is getting the games a month or two early, because they helped us get the games running on current operating systems (Windows 10 (now on GOG - coming soon to Steam) and macOS 10.13 (coming soon to both GOG and Steam)).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... ts/2229579

Cyan, July 17, 2018 post wrote:
@K Rogan - We don't have even a rough estimate to give right now.

We *hope* to have all the Mac digital builds completed, tested, and ready for release by the time the Estimated Delivery Date for all digital rewards (the $49 tier) comes around. That would be AUGUST 2018, but the Estimated Delivery Dates are subject to change.

Any Updates about progress on the Mac builds and when they'll release to GOG and Steam will be issued via the Kickstarter Updates when there is news to share. There's nothing new to report on this yet.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... t-21042642
Altairien
Obduction Backer

Return to General Discussion